PDA

View Full Version : Help! Picture of where to put boot release selonoid

thisgroove
10-07-11, 12:15 PM
Hi does any one have a pic of where to put a boot selonoid on a Mark 1 Hatchback (I have the central locking selonoid up and running) I just dont know where to put the boot release selonoid to make it work.

Thanks

thisgroove
10-07-11, 06:31 PM
anyone? I know there used to be pictures of this but since the site changed you can not bring them up in a search.

cheers

Spudly
10-07-11, 06:36 PM
It all depends on what solenoid youre using as to where you mount it, i found the one from a mk3 fiesta is perfect, bend the lock pin over a touch and hook it through, then you will find one screw hole is just about bang on for the one in the bar inside the hatch boot, connect the live to the wiper feed and earth the other one and when you flick the rear wiper the boot opens, win!

thisgroove
10-07-11, 09:14 PM
Im using the boot popper ones that are about £15 on ebay they are all metal with a metal wire which comes off the solenoid.

cheers

Spudly
11-07-11, 06:38 PM
Ooh never dealt with them myself, id say bin it off and get a mk3 fiesta one, once you open the boot panel with that one in your hand its self explanitary as to how/where it goes!

thisgroove
14-07-11, 10:39 PM
I ve got it popping now but it just opens it enough for it to be open but it does nt make the boot lid go up just unlocks it and pushes it out a inch or two, any ideas?

cheers

brainsnova
15-07-11, 12:31 AM
Unscrew the bungs on the bottom of the boot and that makes it pop up :d

Edit : if you want it to lift right up then I don't think it is possible plus it puts strain on the hinges.

Spudly
16-07-11, 03:39 PM
To make it pop open on its own you need to remove the rear wiper motor, its too heavy for the boot strut to lift, without it the stut will open the boot with ease:thumb: