PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 diesel to 1.5 turbo diesel

den
03-07-03, 09:11 PM
hi ,i have a 1.5 diesel novavan and was wondering how easy is it to put in a isuzu 1.5 turbo diesel engine.Need to know about wiring mainly? i have the mk2 dash dont know if it makes any diff cause of wiring etc. also i want to put seats in the back of the van do i need to tell insurance and put through M.O.T ,do you fink insurance would go up or down,would it be classed as a modification?

thanks lads

Dicko
04-07-03, 12:11 AM
engine straight swop, but wiring for alternator might be slightly diff!!!

u will need to tell insurance and it will go up a bit as it has more power.

but the old MOT will do fine

some companys ask for an engineers report

mikeoxford
04-07-03, 12:31 AM
if your with liverpool victoria just tell them its an engine mod and youll be laffing :lol:

Ste_Nova
04-07-03, 11:05 AM
fits directly in... wiring will be same... for seats try and get the optional seats that were fitted in the vans

den
04-07-03, 01:40 PM
thanks guy for replys ,n e ideas where i can get the optional back seats and what colour were they?also the van is classed as a 2 seater by putting back seats in do i have to change it on the log book and all so if i were to crash with passengers does it void my insurance??? cheers

Ste_Nova
04-07-03, 01:58 PM
it will yes... cause i made my nova a 2 seater (had to remove seat brakets to prevent reinsersion) and the ins went down

they optional seats were black with red specs from what i remember.. they folded flat into the floor so it could still be used as a van

den
04-07-03, 07:23 PM
ok thanks.how much would the 1.5td engine cost cause my mates selling his car for ?350 and all i want is the engine ,brackets ,seat belts and backseats. :D

Ste_Nova
04-07-03, 08:38 PM
well breakers charge ?100 for the alt and ?70 for the starter..... so the car is worth ?170 for starters