PDA

View Full Version : Water proofing a fuse?

AW3K
03-07-03, 12:46 AM
would i need to water proof this fuse?

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/fuse.jpg

hows the best way to go about it?

Cheers

AW3K

Jules
03-07-03, 01:01 AM
Well it looks like it came like that from the kit so the answer would seem to be 'no'. I assume that's part of an alarm / central locking kit? If so then does that go inside (underdash etc) the cabin? I'd be surprised if it goes in the engine bay.
But if you have to waterproof it then put a small ziplock bag over them and seal it with a cable tie nice and tight.

AW3K
03-07-03, 01:04 AM
Yes thats how it came and it's about 30 cm away from the siren! So it will be in the engine bay!

i had an idea to bung it in a ballon???? and dip tie it up

AW3K

Stuart
03-07-03, 08:26 AM
got any black tape? if so wrap it tightly round the fuse/holder, job done

ade
03-07-03, 09:59 AM
you can get special plastic covers from exposed fuses - my amp came with one - simple electrical tape will keep most of the crap off it - its not gonna be submerged in water - prob just get occasional spray and cold damp air on it - just tape it up.

AW3K
03-07-03, 10:57 AM
Cheers.

Suppose black tape will have to do.

I would have thought cos it's in the bay it would be water or at least splash proof, but what do you exspect for a cheap alarm. LOL

mikeoxford
04-07-03, 12:48 AM
ive got 2 of them in my bay

one for my heated seats, other for my alarm

run my car now for 18 months

no problems

burgo
04-07-03, 12:55 AM
u can see its a cheap one cos the wires are diff colours u wanna try fittin one with all black wires and built in immobilser for four diff things and ultra sonic sensors it was gr8 fun