View Full Version : SPLX amps

pompey_mush
02-07-03, 08:29 PM
anyone heard of this make?
any good?
cheers!!!

LANKYPASS
02-07-03, 08:48 PM
SPLX amps are getting quite popular and ive noticed that they are getting in more and more ICE set-ups all around the country

Im not sure whether they are any good but i know some1 how has a 350watt SPLX sub in the back of his pug 306 and god does it pound ! :crazyeye:

So if the subs are anything to go by then the amps should be fab aswell

Dont just take my word for it though, and ask aroung a little !!!!!

I hope this is a little help for ya !!! :wink:

pompey_mush
02-07-03, 09:33 PM
cheers m8! wot bout eminence! u erd of them???

hotdogs_r_us
02-07-03, 10:11 PM
IWAS TOLD TO ADVOE SPLAX AS THERE SHIT so i did :wink:

Evil ICE
03-07-03, 12:49 AM
SPLX are one of the brands to be avoided at all costs. They dont have any products that are even half decent. The amps give more distortion that power and the subs flap about terribly. When they have 12" subs going for as little as ?12 thats got to be a bad sign.

Some of the eminence stuff is good. Again quite low end but far better than SPLX. The bass pump subs are very well built for the cash if you can still find them.

Russ

SKoob
05-07-03, 11:41 AM
for the money they are realy good, i have an SPLX amp and 2 10" SPLX subs, amp was about ?109.99 ans 2 subs in a bandpass box were ?69.99. Alot of the top name stuff wud cahrge u?60 just for 1 sub without a box. And it is loud :D

ZuG
05-07-03, 07:48 PM
Do not buy splx! simple as.

Gazza14SR
05-07-03, 08:00 PM
I bought a splx sub, amp and wiring kit in 1 and that sounds nice. also got another amp linked up to 6*9s but i havent had any probs with the splx stuff.

I cant really say i'd recommend it compared to something else cuz i've not had another system but am pleased with the outcome from it.

Fergie_sfc
05-07-03, 08:30 PM
alright mate?

i'm just about to invest in 2 12" SPLx subs. ?99.99 for 1000w, and an 800w amp for ?109.99 from motor world in ringwood.

heard them too and it was so loud and so bassy i could believe it, could feel my head thumping..... plus i did take my own cd and put on the heaviest track i could find but no distortion at all.

mates got the square 12" in his cavvy, looks and sounds superb if you like bass. dont be put off by anyone, you'll be well chuffed with wot you get, trust. http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=840 there pics of them on there.

i'm from southampton,quite a few of us from here, were gonna be arranging a meet down here soon just for southerners. fancy it?

Fergie.

pompey_mush
05-07-03, 09:52 PM
u aint a scummer r ya m8!cos il probly be meetin u on december 21st! :lol: cant wait! u aint gona ever see anything like it!
but yea im up for meetin wiv evryone on ere!
when and where??

Fergie_sfc
05-07-03, 10:19 PM
dunno where the meet is gonna be yet.

we had one a while ago at west quay but only 8-9 cars turnt up so it only lasted like an hour!!

i was thinking either west quay again or up portsdown hill? well nice place and will make a good place for good photo's!!

i'll post in general chat soon and try and arrange it, keep ya eyes pealed!!

you wont know wots hit ya after beats puts 3 past ya next year :lol: :twisted:

oh wel, 'your only up for a season, up for a season'!!! :P

Fergie.

stan1
15-07-03, 08:00 PM
i'm the geeza with the cavvy.
got the sub's a few months ago. No problem's with them.
also got 1000watt amp running them on two channel's. will be getting another 2 12" sub's and soon building a sweet fibreglass install. watch and learn.
will take pic's of the install as i progress.
:D

Paul
17-07-03, 11:30 PM
ZuG do u even know what you are talking about?

SPLX fucking humm. My mate spent ?350 on a legacy 1000watt amp and alpine 1221D sub, sound bassy, other mate ?100 of four SPLX's ?50 on second hand 800watt amp and 1000watt amp he already had, ?300 ?50 less than Alpine set up.

And FUCK mine, the SPLX's fucking humm. The make your head throb, make it feel like your head is goin to explode. They drop real fucking low, no distortion, and they are so fucking loud. They are 500watt each.

I cant get it across to anyone on this website, so i will spell it out

SPLX are fucking quality. loud as fuck, last as well.

So its up to the individual whether they want to spend ?0000's on named stuff or a few hundred.

SPLX is really good stuff at a fair price.

LANKYPASS
18-07-03, 05:23 PM
THANKYOU PAUL, YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO GOES WITH WHAT I SAY

SPLX STUFF FCUKIN RULE !!!!!!

i have said this before on this site , i know some1 who has a little boot install that consists of a SPLX amp and a 350watt SPLX sub, and know joke it sounds mint (especially when hes got shooting pumping through the system), hes got this set-up in a pug 306 .

thankyou some1 who agrees with me!!!!

Stokie_Dave
18-07-03, 09:47 PM
I mite take a trip to motorworld or where ever sells splx stuff to have a little test :) will be after a cheap but effective bassbox soon, bit of an audiophile at heart so should know if its shit or not lol

ZuG
18-07-03, 11:23 PM
no no no no no!
legacy aint much good either so your not comparing it to much. Ive got a JL sub, 80 quid and I bet its better than them 4 SPLX subs. SPLX are fuckin shit! I mean SHIT! dont bother buy something better like a JL or even a Rockford fosgate.
DONT BUY SPLX!

Stokie_Dave
19-07-03, 01:36 PM
RF are pussy subs.. any I've played with need shedloads of power to get anything outta em. Nice quality when they get going but shit VFM.

epo
19-07-03, 05:47 PM
ive found a place which sells audiobahn at sum gud prices 100 notes for 6x9 with detachable tweeters and a 12" sub for 75 aint 2 bad either i thought ne way

Paul
19-07-03, 06:48 PM
ZuG, have u actually ever heard a SPLX set up?

A RF engineer whom is also an audio technician, ICE expert runs his own shop KA Musik in Hadleigh, says that RF are fookin shite. For what you spend on an RF sub and a big enought amp to power it, you could be kickin arse with a bucket load of change with SPLX stuff. And I quote that.

He said RF are good, but way too expensive, and also LEGACY are the bollox too, their amps make any sub humm.

epo
19-07-03, 06:52 PM
i got 2 10" punches off a mate 4 a ton 400 watt a piece am only runnin 1 at the mo with 300 watt through it as well as another 12" alpine sounds well loudfrom wot ive heard in motorworld splx stuff sounds spot on its jbl id steer well clear of but thats my opinion and am stickin 2 it :lol:

ZuG
20-07-03, 02:48 AM
sigh go on, dont listen to the only person who knows what hes on about in this thread any buy splx!
legacy are shit, SPLX are shit, sony are shit!
JL are very good, RF are decent but their amps are better than their subs.
DLS are another make which are good.
ask on talkaudio.co.uk, tell em splx is good and they will laugh at u m8.
they are shit, you can think they are good but u obviously aint compared it to proper stuff.

Stokie_Dave
20-07-03, 03:17 PM
Thing is m8, 'proper' stuff costs proper money.

The more expensive SPLX stuff looks ok VFM. The cheap stuff is gonna be wank you know it... but some of the more expensive stuff 'looks' ok. I aint heard none so I aint gonna say they're shit but the 15 quid subs I'd steer clear of... the 40 quid ones look good though.

We will see when I go test some :)

Paul
21-07-03, 12:28 PM
I cant be arsed to argue. All I'm going to say is go down to a shop like motorworld (kroozin).

Take your own CD, heavy bassline, ie oxide and neutrino. Ask to hear all the SPLX subs they have and all of them are fuck loud. The difference between the ?12.99 and the ?42.99 ones are not the quality, its just simply that the 12.99 cant be ragged, the 42.99 can.

Its like a car, fiat punto cant be ragged or it fucks. VW Golf can be ragged, because its built to last. not built to be cheap like the fiat punto. hence the price difference.

stan1
21-07-03, 07:41 PM
Soon i'll be runnin 4 SPLx square 700watt sub's in 2ohm through my 1000watt 4ohm/1500watt 2ohm SPLx amp and we will see what sound's goooooooood. will start my fibreglass sub box this weekend. hope thing's go to plan :lol:
will be postin pic's of the box on the site through the stages.
:roll:

Paul
21-07-03, 11:33 PM
SPLX rule, cant wait to see pics of ur system stan1.

stan1
28-07-03, 07:14 PM
Got ickle problem guy's / gal's.
built the skin for my box with 4 square hole's for the sub's.
then today went to order 2 more square sub's and they are DISCONTINUED.
aggggggghhhhhhhhhhh :evil:
so oredered 2 1000watt round splx sub's instead.
now got to make bracket's to hold round sub's
will be posting pic's soon
:lol:

Fergie_sfc
28-07-03, 09:45 PM
cough cough...... sell your squares to me...... cough cough!!#

i'll hapily have them, i've heard them......proper heavy!!!!!

fergie.

stan1
04-08-03, 08:49 PM
so what do you think of my install now
all splx stuff
http://www.vectrasport.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=222

Fergie_sfc
05-08-03, 03:44 PM
yes mark, looks wicked..........

just for all you that think SPLx are crap.... this install proves it aint.

was sat in his car earlier today and its the bassiest car i've ever been in. put the vibrations through me.

stan - cant wait to get my 2 x 700w square SPLx subs i brought off ya in my car mate. will probably rattle my car to fcuk!!

Fergie.

stan1
05-08-03, 05:17 PM
hey fergie them square sub's will proberly pop out your flush boot :lol:

smiggy
22-12-03, 08:42 PM
I got an splx amp, and sub, and they are both fine, no probs with either, you gotta figure is the minor difference in quality worth the vast difference in price

mad_jam
23-12-03, 10:37 AM
zug how can u say legacy is shit ?? they r american they r shit hot for the price i got a legacy 1000 watt amp off lashed nova and mate does it pump it shook the whole cabinate in motorworld u wont be able to beat them for the money splx is not too bad they r good for the money but jbl is a shit hot make for the money aswell

Ben3042
02-01-04, 03:08 AM
Dont even go there! complete waste of money mate

shabba16
05-01-04, 07:17 PM
JBL stuff is crap, splx is good shit 4 da money we have all had this argument before aint we? :lol: