PDA

View Full Version : Removing Windscreen

ade
02-07-03, 12:09 AM
*** For those that have done it only please ***

Anyone give proper advice on removing a windscreen without smashing it!

Mine was fitted 12 months ago - new rubber - no mastik - not leaking

Just need to get the roof lining down so I can fit a motion sensor and conceal the wiring but need to pop the windscreen out to get to it.

Last time I tried I shattered it (rebuild lat year) - dont fancy forking out for a new one.

Ade

brian
02-07-03, 12:15 AM
the way we always do it ade it to slowly go around the screen from the inside pushing it out bit by bit with a flat screw driver or something. you need to push out at least 3 sides, maybe top and two sides.
And fit with a length of wire inserted in the rubber and pulling it through into the car while force is applied to the outside.
Never broke a screen out of at least 10.

burgo
02-07-03, 12:18 AM
u do it from inside and u just get a flat head screwdriverand u push the edge of the rubber out start in the middle of each side the do the top b careful on the corners its abit hard to explain if i hadnt already taken mine out i would take pics as i was doin to show u just take ur time and u shouldnt have to force it

fearless
02-07-03, 12:20 AM
Dun loads without breaking any - touch wood !!!!

From inside the car - work your way round the rubber seal - pushing the seal over the metal lip so the seal is on the outside of the windscreen frame - take your time and work your way round the top and down the sides - gentley pushing the screen out as you go

Good luck - break a leg (or should that be screen !!! LOL)

fearless
02-07-03, 12:23 AM
Looks like we were all replying at the same time - will have to type faster !!!! LOL

burgo
02-07-03, 12:31 AM
looks like it lol at least we all gave the same answer

brian
02-07-03, 12:43 AM
was just about to say WTF and then i say the post times!! ha ha i was first!!

ade
02-07-03, 10:05 AM
cheers guys - great minds n all that

:D

Will give it a shot at the weekend - thats if I get my car back from the garage by then...

Ade