PDA

View Full Version : aluminium catch tanks?

ade
01-07-03, 09:10 PM
Novatch websites got 2 catch tanks - 1ltr for ?75+vat and a 2ktr one.

Are these for those of us who have fitted after market carbs etc and can connect the old breather pipe to to collect the oil?

If so whats yer views on the price/ones above and why are there a couple of pipe connectors (surely you only need one?)

Ade

ade
02-07-03, 10:14 AM
come on guys - comments please (are they for catching oil and whats yer verdict)

http://www.novatechmotorsport.co.uk

Any other suggestions (not the bean can or coke can ones either - looking for summut 1/2 decent)

Ade

NovaNeil
02-07-03, 12:23 PM
Yes there for catching oil.
But ?75 seems a little steep. I've just ordered one to be Custom made for ?65! To my own specified size and hose outlets.
Demon Tweeks sell MOCAL ones for about ?75 as well.
The place that is getting mine Custom made is ABMotorsport. Give them a ring, tell them the dimensions you want and the size and number of the outlets and they'll get it made up for ?65. (They don't do it themselves, they have someone that does it for them).

cornish
02-07-03, 01:17 PM
Try e-mailing milesearl@aol.com - i think thats his addy!

He does loads of stainless steel parts, battery covers etc...

Last time i spoke to him he suggested the idea of catch tanks, might be worth a try as the quality is very good, as are the prices :)

Heres a piccy (from MIG) of some of his parts...

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/e/engine_bay_front.jpg

Dicko
02-07-03, 01:21 PM
use a coke can like CP does :P

Jim
02-07-03, 01:42 PM
use a coke can like CP does :P

Ade said something decent Dicko...

...use a redbull can instead ;)

Jim

Dicko
02-07-03, 01:59 PM
i remember mr storey used to have a redbull can under his bonnet, so maybe that has been copyrigted

ade
02-07-03, 11:00 PM
christ thew amount of oil my cars been leaking recently I'd need a ruddy jerry can!

:roll:

Luckily had her serviced today and the guy said the pressure in the engine was low - gave it a service and a flush and it all seems ok now (hopefully)

I'll keep looking about...

Ade

?Marty?
02-07-03, 11:31 PM
Connect it to the petrol tank and run off oil! :lol: :roll:

SKoob
02-07-03, 11:35 PM
ahhh

Connect it to the petrol tank and run off oil!
reminds me of me mopeding days.