PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with access to the new Fiat Punto

ade
01-07-03, 08:54 PM
Hi guys and gals,

Can anyone with access to the new style Fiat Punto (the one with the narrow one piece front light) PM me

I'm after some information...

Ade

?Marty?
02-07-03, 12:13 AM
Oh aye?

I was going to fit those lights into the front of my Nova.

Those or the New Stilo one's.

ade
02-07-03, 10:13 AM
feck Marty!

Cat escapes from bag!

:evil:

Need dimensions - by my reckoning need to mod the wing, bonnet slightly and obv the grill and bumper need to be adjusted to hide the gap - theyre about 15mm shallower than the nova headlight/indicator and look like theyre curvier too.

Would look mint mind if done properly!

Ade

wisewood
02-07-03, 10:15 AM
i agree - would look very good.

btw ade - you got any pics of your car?

Jim
02-07-03, 10:45 AM
feck Marty!

Cat escapes from bag!

:evil:

LOL Ade, you were hardly subtle with your original post, lol...

"Can anyone with access to the new style Fiat Punto (the one with the narrow one piece front light) PM me

I'm after some information... "

Heres me thinking you were going to put the Fiat rear bumper on the car :roll: :P :wink: :lol:

Jim

Cjscooby
02-07-03, 11:33 AM
I was goin to put BMW E36 head lights on mine as they are the samo depth as the std nova ones!!!

Cj

dave.gsi
02-07-03, 10:48 PM
theres an astra in total vaux (belgium show) with mark4 astra lights. looks very nice

?Marty?
03-07-03, 12:09 AM
The Nova headlights are one of the things i seriously dislike about the nova. The shape and etc is ok, but they're just so cheap and plasticcy (obv since it's an old car).

But if you do a headlight transplant, it's only worth it if it's for some crystal clear units.

Eg Fiat Punto Mk2, Astra Mk4 and etc.

I personally decided the time taken was not worth it, as after my car's been vandalised so much, i didn't want to waste the time and effort, for some pissed up little scrote to come and smash it to fuck. Which is why i didn't go custom on the bodywork.

When circumstances are different (different location and a garage) things will be different.

Though it's likely that i'll be taking a different car to the Nova as far as my imagination (and reality) can. But Nova's will allways jhold a soft spot in my heart. Possibly due to one being my first car.

Bollocks! I'm getting all sentimental and serious now!! :twisted:

ade
03-07-03, 10:24 AM
time to pop a cap in a homeboyz ass Marty - no going emotional on us now!

:lol:

Yeah - considering the mod - need to draw up plans - a sets not cheap!

Reckon the bonnet, wings, slam panel, fixings, maybe wiring and grill will need altering.

Full front make over

Need the dimensions, height depth, width, curvature, fixings, any pics basically

Ade

?Marty?
03-07-03, 03:40 PM
The lights themselves are ?120.

ade
03-07-03, 09:40 PM
is that each or a set?

If a set thats not too back - if each FECK ARSE!

Wise - pics of me car are here -

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=485

ade

?Marty?
04-07-03, 01:01 AM
I think it'd be each. Though when i priced them up, i got told the lights would be ?120 and never actually asked if that's for the pair.

Too cheap for a set to be honest.