PDA

View Full Version : Front Suspension

joesturdy
04-07-11, 05:48 PM
My 1.2 is currently on very basic fixed platform Spax at the front with clamped down springs to get it running low, I'm wanting to upgrade to a set of coilovers but can't afford Spax or other of a similar price. I've seen fronts for around £200 on ebay made by companies I've never heard of and just wondered what sort of quality I might expect?

Any recommendations for cheap alternatives to the top brands?

Thanks!

Spudly
04-07-11, 05:55 PM
If youre looking at low end coilover stuff from FK and the likes (yellow FK's especially) then seriously dont bother, they will throw your tracking/caster/camber all to cock and destroy your front tyres, Andy had some that he could never get set up correctly so ended up removing them entirely!

Btw i saw you the other week on freetown way about 7.50am, was shocked to see a nova (which looked rather low as it is anyways) then remembered you had RFX's on your daily so realised it mustve been you:thumb:

phunkynova
04-07-11, 05:56 PM
You get what you pay for buy cheap you get cheap stuff. Sorry but for some thing worth putting on the car your looking at around £500 from Gaz or AVO or look for some good second hand coil overs. Club Members get discount with Gaz .

joesturdy
05-07-11, 12:40 AM
If youre looking at low end coilover stuff from FK and the likes (yellow FK's especially) then seriously dont bother, they will throw your tracking/caster/camber all to cock and destroy your front tyres, Andy had some that he could never get set up correctly so ended up removing them entirely!

Btw i saw you the other week on freetown way about 7.50am, was shocked to see a nova (which looked rather low as it is anyways) then remembered you had RFX's on your daily so realised it mustve been you:thumb:

Ahh ok, might have to get some decent second hand stuff as suggested by a few people I've spoken to, the shocks on it at the moment need to come off as they're borrowed off my autotest car :d

Yeah I reckon that was me, on my way to work no doubt, the car is off the road for a few weeks now though, got a few surface rust patches that need seeing to, need to get it back to being a rust-free shell!

swedge
05-07-11, 06:32 AM
I have fk highspoet coilovers on the front of mine, not the cheapest from fk

They have blue springs withe the helper spring to and camber adjustment

They are quite a hard ride but seem pretty good so far

Like people say you get what you pay for

Jack
05-07-11, 10:58 AM
You should be able to pick up a pair of second hand Spax RSX front coilovers for around £200.

joesturdy
05-07-11, 11:01 AM
That sort of price sounds good to me, just need to find some. Saw some AVOs for sale so going to enquire about those.