Wheels
Rear strut brace
Roll cage
Rear brakes
Doors
Altenator
Ignition switch
Foot rests

And loads of other stuff i cant think off now.

Why?

mr_tricky
01-07-03, 06:59 PM
ive got a few bitts from him, but i paid him for a set of skirts a while ago and he sent me 2 that were coverd in filler and cut to bitts. He said he would send some more when he got some but never botherd.

Stuart
01-07-03, 08:01 PM
hes my best mate lmao ;)

go back 2 years on the forums and you'll see why

Freak
01-07-03, 08:36 PM
lol
dicko likes him too
lmao

ade
01-07-03, 09:03 PM
yep - had some GTE bumpers and a mk2 spoiler off him. Hes given me advice and all sorts.

Hes reliable in my opinion

Why - whats happened?

Ade

Tilly
01-07-03, 10:28 PM
ive got a few bitts from him, but i paid him for a set of skirts a while ago and he sent me 2 that were coverd in filler and cut to bitts. He said he would send some more when he got some but never botherd.

thats what happend

Ben (lurk75)
01-07-03, 10:42 PM
He has always helped me out 100% even sources parts for me that i cant find myself.

Have heard a few bad reports but must take people as you find them, otherwise who would ever use Courtenay, Regal, PVD etc etc....

Dicko
01-07-03, 11:02 PM
told me i was paying for a complete gte engine/box that had just come out his car

when it arrived with no box it cost me ?60 to get running in damaged parts, another ?80 for a gearbox, headgasket was leakingm, stem seals wer sh4gged, 2 piston rings wer cracked

when i confronted him over the gearbox he said he ment airbox. when i said iv never herd of an f13 airbox he never replied.

called him a few weeks later and he said he wud drop 1 off on the way to donny, he then had his fone off all that day and said he couldnt find my house, then said cuz he was so pissed off asbout not being able to find it he left the gearbox on his drive and it got nicked **hhhmmmmmm**

also sy@novahaven had probs as i remmeber

brought a *mint* shell, which when he went to mot when finished failed becuz it had been welded together with the wronjg type of weld, and when sy took it apart to reweld it was completely covered in filler

herd about gsi dashes being grey sprayed with black paint that came off

im sure ste got an exhaust which poped a huge hole the day he had it.

shall i continue...

dave.gsi
01-07-03, 11:29 PM
yes lol i want more horror stories :lol:

ade
01-07-03, 11:59 PM
ouch!

:x

Dave
02-07-03, 10:15 AM
i've delt with him quite a few times an has always been helpful, all parts he's sent me have arrived either as described or in good condition
have no complaints

simon@novaheaven
02-07-03, 11:17 AM
lol its true about the shell!

its my own fault partly for buying it, i was silly not to check it out proper but who sells a mint shell ready for a valver conversion thats mostly filler on the inner sills (somewhere i didnt think to check) old steering column had been removed (i knew about this) but i presumed he knew how to remove a column, i was wrong. colin smith removed it by undoing the one bolt then pulling the column resulting in twisted bracket and amazingly enough damaging the column (which i realised i had bought a month earlier as when i recieved that it was bent from removal!) all because he couldnt be bothered to chissel the shear bolt! central locking kit was missing plus a few other probs. the shell he assured me was mint as it had thousands spent on rebuild was basically scrap underneath but looked and seemed ok after a brief check. he told me he was going to use it himself but bought a ready made valver. after the rebuild had been completed the old owner of the car contacted me about the car after seeing it on my website. he was very surprised id bought it as it had been sold to colin for parts as the shell had fallen into disrepair.

the mint gsi carpets i bought for it at the same time which were sent up afterwards looking like they had been used to catch oil drips.

i learned from my mistake!

Andy Bishop has had dealings too and a turbo engine which he hired a van to go collect in only to get there and it be shite!

Ian
02-07-03, 01:05 PM
rick marland has had probs too, promised a coscast head which when turned up wasnt.

Dicko
02-07-03, 01:29 PM
he posts loads of rally parts for sale at high prices on performace car parts site. iv been so tempted to give him hassle until he gives me my money bk :d

simon@novaheaven
02-07-03, 01:41 PM
lol should do! i might take the yellow shell back! only kidding!

does he make money from selling nova bits? i wonder if the inland revenue know lol

Ste_Nova
02-07-03, 02:05 PM
im sure ste got an exhaust which poped a huge hole the day he had it.

shall i continue...

no it was just loud dicko... zorst is still going strong now :twisted:

Will
02-07-03, 02:39 PM
All u lot have brought expensive stuff, allthough my dealings were a long time ago when i was 18 and it was only a small thing (grill) i was pissed.

Had been looking for a white GTE grill for a while, colin smith had one and wanted ?15, but pricey for wot it is but fair enough.

i sent a cheque and it was posted, got it, the slats were falling to bits and the parts u screw into the slam panel were snapped off.

I had also asked for a passenger wing mirror and was sent a driver one, ffs, sort it out.

Neway asked abt the grill and got a reply "was fine when it left must have broken in the post" erm yeh sure it did mate, if it did why werent the bits in the sealed packaging

MUPPET :evil:

Ben (lurk75)
02-07-03, 04:28 PM
Had been looking for a white GTE grill for a while, colin smith had one and wanted ?15, but pricey for wot it is but fair enough.

Thats not expensive for one in good condition.

Nova-Boy
02-07-03, 05:30 PM
sent me a GTE bumper and charged me ?50 and when i got it it wasn't in that good condition. Got a GTE grille for ?15 and that had no lugs to attach it. And forgot to send me the mirrors i payed for. Eventually sent them but they didn't have the plastic handles to move the mirrors.

He did send me a free rear back bumper just so the colours would match but it didn't have the brackets on the inside of the sides and had a big cut out for twin exhaust. But saying that i have just took a standard back bumper to the tip. :roll:

Paul
02-07-03, 06:33 PM
NovaNutter! wrote:

Thats not expensive for one in good condition.

It wasn't in good condition though...

I asked him about a few things and he doesn't ever get back to you.

JR Nova
02-07-03, 07:35 PM
Have had a few dealings with colin smith (novarally)

Never had any problems with him at all and would buy parts off him again

However i do live local to him and been round to see and collect parts before i paid

darren
02-07-03, 09:23 PM
Cant belive the horror stories TBH

IMO He's one of the most honest lads about

I sold him my old Black GTE

http://members.aol.com/daz9124/blackdog1.jpg

http://members.aol.com/daz9124/blackdog2.jpg

Story goes.

Drove it down following a mate to meet him in York (as he was picking up a wide arch shell in york) n we were heading off to buy some carbs in liverpool later that day, Anyways we turned up at york n no sign of Colin, He was stuck in heavy traffic (Bad accident on mway) we couldn't hang around as we was getting late for the carbs so i left the car along with keys with the ladd with the wide arch shell on the aggrement that he would send me up the cash.

2 Days later cash arrived 700 Quid.

He had v5 ect ect he could have ripped me off big time but never.

Looking back I was a total tit leaving my car without payment cos either Colin or the Lad from york could have ripped me off

Colin gets a thumbs up from me

novarich
04-07-03, 12:42 AM
sorry have to say the things ive had from him have been good, i had some corsa gsi wheels, 1 was slightly buckeled but not bad, but only paid ?30 for the set, wot u expect, not new ones for sure, all the other stuff ive had from him has been pretty good :D sorry to the rest of ya

mikeoxford
04-07-03, 12:53 AM
never had no probs

simon@novaheaven
04-07-03, 12:05 PM
never had no probs

thats a double negative and means you have had problems with him??

Euan
04-07-03, 04:31 PM
i got 2 doors off him. he sent me pics etc and they turned out to be fine.

i?m waiting on a gsi rear and 2 front wings just now.

not sure if they have arrrived as i?m in spain just now, need to wait and see!

whitey
10-07-03, 07:05 PM
RITE LADS

Mr Smiths house is less than 3 minutes from door to door! So list all the probs and I will go over! HA

Nah im fortunate enough to live practically on his doorstep, funny as fcuk seeing 8 novas piled up in his back garden and 3 in the front amongst other things!

I think you have to be careful with him but it isn't always his fault, he is so busy that he messes stuff up, best bet is to make sure you really drum it into him what you want and if its really pricey then meet and collect it!

Ive had loads off of him and had no major probs, yeah some things have been in less than amazing condition for the price and he doesnt really let you haggle but just tell him you want a MINT whatever and that you don't wanna be ripped off coz its happened a few times elsewhere!

If that fails than a mailbomb is the only other thing I can suggest! :lol:

Whitey

Aragorn
10-07-03, 07:50 PM
sold me an inlet manifold for a GTE

i'd asked if all the inlet was there - all the vac hoses, throttle body, injectors etc

he said yep everything there

turned up missing the throttle position switch, coasting air valve, the vac hoses had been chopped

i asked him about the other parts and got no response :/

luckily CP had the bits i needed :)

Anton
11-07-03, 12:47 AM
had a flushed tailgate from him, bumpers, etc etc. Never had any problems. Always helpful and friendly

Will
11-07-03, 12:55 AM
anton the bumper was cracked and shitly packaged i remember

Anton
11-07-03, 12:58 AM
oh sh1t 4got

it was wrapped in a curtain and cracked lol

the tailgate was good tho

Nova-Boy
11-07-03, 10:36 AM
My bumper i got from him was wrapped in a bed sheet and all the paint came off when i took the gaffa tape off!! :evil:

mr_tricky
13-07-03, 11:47 PM
seems that when he does ripp people off it just gets forgotton :x