PDA

View Full Version : carbon fibre

tonydry
01-07-03, 05:52 PM
does any one know where i can buy sheats ov carbon fibre

wrigleys
01-07-03, 07:58 PM
have you tried larkspeed or demon tweeks?

tonydry
01-07-03, 08:56 PM
think thay only do the fake stuff

Pistol Pete
01-07-03, 09:01 PM
i think essex racing sell it. genuine sheets. not sure on the ?

tonydry
01-07-03, 09:11 PM
cheers mate i looked on there web site and nothing but i also heard thay do it so might ring and c how much was trying to find somewere that makes it to get it in bulk and cheaper

Ben (lurk75)
01-07-03, 10:59 PM
essex racing are expensive and unreliable i belive, i think its cool marty who has been waiting 18 months for some off them!

Ballsy
01-07-03, 11:20 PM
there was a bloke on mig that was selling it, try goin on there and doin a search

Ballsy

Ben (lurk75)
01-07-03, 11:42 PM
yeah i bought mine off Si Jackosn off MIG.

?Marty?
02-07-03, 12:10 AM
Yeah i recommend Si too. Started his own company too, 'CarbonCarryOn' or something similar.

I dealt with Essex racing and was VERY dissappointed to say the very least.

Ordered some and they never charged me or replied back (did it over phone with credit card). Did this two more times and they never delivered, but didn't charge me either.

Then, i tried one more time, and they took the order, then money was taken out some time later. I assumed that they'd charge me first, make what i ordered (as if it's one off, then they can't re-sell it) then deliver it.

I wasn't checking on the time, as i was waiting for allsorts of other stuff too. But, once i had EVERYTHING else i started getting impatient. Checked the calender and 3 months had passed!!

So i rang them up, and got told that they were dispatched on the day i was charged, as they only take money out on dispatch.

So i asked who the couriers were, got their details and rang them. They wouldn't talk to me as i had no account with them.

So i rang Essex Racing back and told them, and the lady was very helpfull this time (last time they made it out like they sent it, and that's it. It's my prob now. Erm, sorry pals but no - i have the contract with you, not the couriers. I'd sue you for breach of contract, and you'd have to recover your losses from the couriers yourselves. Though that's what insurance is for. They'd have to prove i received them, bu proof of signature or etc) and she said she'd track them down and ring me back.

Ok i thought, i'll wait. Then i forgot all about it, and waited another 3 months!! I know, i know... i'm very busy with allsorts of stuff all the time. Not enough hours in the day for me, which is why i'm usually up till 6am everynight.

Anyway, i then remembered about them again, and rang them up again. Was going to let them know of their legal position, but as soon as i gave them the order details, i was told 'they're making them right now, and they'll be with you by this tuesday'. Nice one i thought, i'll just wait till then.

Guess what? Never turned up!!! I then didn't get round to ringing them for months after that again. Then when i did, i got told that they'd run out of carbon fiber and etc, and that they now have some and etc, and she'll 'see what she can do' and ring me back.

I told her that what she can do, is give me a refund coz i don't want any business with them anymore. She said she'd have to check with her manager, and will ring me back.

So i said ok, you have by closing time today to ring me back, or i will phone back myself. But it won't be them i'll phone, but the trading standards and i would also file a civil writ for breach of contract.

They rang me back 10 mins later and said that the manager said that i can have the refund.

Damn right!! I should have got them made, at whatever the closest cost i could have got them for, and sued them for the difference and etc.

However, she said that the refund will be credited as sooon as they can do it, and i still haven't checked my bank account if they have done this.

If i find they haven't...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

wrigleys
02-07-03, 01:01 PM
funny that I brought a neon tube from them and it was here 2 days later!

but the moral of the story is:

Don't do online/over the phone shopping with essex racing! :cry:

?Marty?
03-07-03, 12:15 AM
Though i know a lot of happy and satisfied customers that they have had.

I could just have been an exception rather than the rule. I don't know.

But i do know that i won't have anything to do with them ever again, and won't recommend them to anyone.

Unless they send me oodles of cash :wink: :wink: .

Ben (lurk75)
03-07-03, 07:52 AM
Someone will always have a problem with any establishment, you were just the unlucky one this time.