PDA

View Full Version : Front splitter

kwik^_^
01-07-03, 03:15 PM
I'm thinking about putting one on my gsi, but dont really wanna go for a Laguna one. I've seen somewhere people mentioning Seat ones look good, could anyone tell me what Seat they come off of and a rough idea of price. Thx.

Mat.

mmollart
01-07-03, 04:20 PM
seat ibiza gti/cordoba sport or wotever they r called
about ?20

Alex
01-07-03, 04:23 PM
from seat around ?30 - ?35

kwik^_^
01-07-03, 04:26 PM
Great, thx, i'll pop down the local dealership tomorrow.

ade
01-07-03, 09:51 PM
if yer cars lower than 40mm watch any slight bumps and dont take corners too quick./

i had a seat ibiza GTE one and it catched on everything - even small bumps in the road!

Was about 30mm off the ground

Couldnt get down the ramps in NCP car parks.

Had to go over speed bumps at an angle to reduce the angle

Gonna go for a laguna one - ended up smashing the seat one a raised drain cover the other week.

:x

dave.gsi
01-07-03, 11:07 PM
i'm gonna get a laguna one to, maybe an espace one. depends which car i find late at night lmao..

joke, i'm not a theif lol

kwik^_^
02-07-03, 12:18 AM
lol :D

Fergie_sfc
02-07-03, 02:13 PM
woudn't get a ibiza splitter on a GSi front bumper. would hit everyting on the road,doubt it would stay on for very long if you did do it!!!

i'm putting one on my SR bumper, mates done that and it still catches so much things on the road.

good luck if you do do it. will look low as fcuk mate.

pics if you do it.

fergie.

customnova
02-07-03, 07:20 PM
i got a ibiza splitter n molded it onto my gsi front and i hit EVERYTHING. its cracked all the way round so im thinkin of gettin a new splitter

epo
02-07-03, 07:23 PM
ive got a laguna 1 looks spot on and hides the 14" pram wheels a bit got it from scrappies cheap as chips only ?8 and they took it off 4 me

pickle
02-07-03, 09:01 PM
u can get em off clio's too

Jim
03-07-03, 11:31 AM
woudn't get a ibiza splitter on a GSi front bumper. would hit everyting on the road,doubt it would stay on for very long if you did do it!!!

I've got one on my Gsi front bumper. I've got 16" wheels and a -60mm drop. I don't really catch many speedbumps. I've got just enough clearance to get over them. If you attach it properly and securly it shouldn't come off. Me and a friend spent 6 hours fitting one to my Gsi front bumper. It took so long as

a) I'm a perfectionist
b) I wanted it to follow the contour of the Gsi bumper as near as possible c) It was the first time we tried it

I'm sure I could do one in a couple of hours if I was to try again. You will need another person to help you out fitting the Seat splitter, mainly to hold it in place as yousecure it to the bumper. I used 5mm nuts and bolts instead of self-tappers which helps to secure it. Put it this way...It's so secure I was able to hit a Rabbit at 50mph. Unfortunatley it snapped the braket in the wing where the bumper fixes to, but the splitter was fine. :lol:

Jim