PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy SHIT!

Stuart
01-07-03, 12:09 PM
damn i was trying to be a credit card, why did you not help me lmao

the bank rang me dad once and said "have you been to jamaica this week sir?"
him "erm no ive never been to jamaica"

them" ah someone has spent 2 lots of ?500 there"

"we will issue an arrest on use warrant, you had better call the other car holder so they wont be arrested"

CP
01-07-03, 12:09 PM
lol you must live in a dodgy area :wink: :lol:

BTW wot can be done about these fcuk text messages saying you've won ?400 or summink? I'm getting about 1 a week now and its doing my nut...?

wisewood
01-07-03, 12:17 PM
hey CP dont knock it mate - mi missus won us a holiday to tenerife on those the other week!!! :D

usually you just reply to them with something like STOP - and it will send a message back saying what you have to do to un-subscribe to it.

Dicko
01-07-03, 12:21 PM
yea alot of this going on atm.

if you bin ANYTHING with your name/adres on make sure its well riped up or even burnt

wisewood
01-07-03, 12:37 PM
burning is the best way to do it - coz even ripped up or shredded someone could piece it back together again.

although soaking it until the ink comes off is a good way to do it too :lol:

Ste_Nova
01-07-03, 12:48 PM
all my mail goes in my solid fuel boiler :twisted:

CP
01-07-03, 12:49 PM
Ahh so its your missus's fault is it then Wisewood? I'll be waiting at the airport wiv me gun for her return and we'll conduct a "negotiated settlement" along the lines of " you send me a text - i send you a bullet":lol:

nova---chris
01-07-03, 12:52 PM
Some idiot took around ?500 of me lasses CC.

All items were purchased of amazon and sent to her house.!
As we guessed it was her ex who did it.

Shame he never showed up this end like he promised me????

ahh well

wisewood
01-07-03, 12:53 PM
no mate she dont work for them or anything, she just got the text, phoned the number it said and won a holiday for two, in a 4 star hotel in tenerife for one week. :D

but yeah if you wanna meet us at the airport for a chat you can do :D
could even drive up ere, and give us a lift if you want lol.

simon@novaheaven
01-07-03, 01:00 PM
my step mum had a call asking had she been to sri lanka (spelling:s) as someone had bought some airline flights using her credit card and also bought some jewelry, came to over 3k in total :( not good!

i got a text once offering me free stuff etc, just phoned t mobile and told them id recieved a text of someone and they explained my number was in some directory companys can use, i asked to be removed from it and havent had anythin since :)

CP
01-07-03, 02:42 PM
Oh I see Wise - thought you meant she worked for someone that did it and had earnt phat comission doing so or summink :?

Its got me rattled :lol:

Ian
01-07-03, 02:53 PM
one of the girls at work is now on a list where if any credit is applied for in her name they ring her house to check first as people ahev been applying for her.

Stokie_Dave
03-07-03, 01:50 PM
I am moving out soon and I live in a dodgy as fuck area at present.. I get loads of these, cant wait till some scrote who lives here next fills one of these out for me lol :o

wisewood
03-07-03, 02:03 PM
one of the girls at work is now on a list where if any credit is applied for in her name they ring her house to check first as people ahev been applying for her.

wouldnt have been you would it?
like you did for our very own pie lover, Dan... when you signed him up to the pie lovers bible newsletter or something :lol:

Jim
03-07-03, 03:14 PM
I had this phone call one night and I swear to god I couldn't understand a word the woman was saying. No offence meant, but she sounded like she wasn't English and had a very strong foreign accent. It's hard enough for me to understand anyone with the rubbish phone that I have, but when you get someone that can't speak english trying to offer you something, it's beyond a joke. The conversation was like "dfhdfsgdfhg credit card skfdjlsgjlk"

I hate these phone calls and all the junk mail I get offering me credit cards. Never had a credit card and no intention of owning one either.

Jim

wisewood
03-07-03, 03:17 PM
i have but wouldnt apply for any ever again, got into a proper mess with em. almost sorted now though.

?Marty?
03-07-03, 03:33 PM
I get foreign people who can barely speak a word of english phone me and try to sell me stuff too! :lol:

Credit cards are only bad if you borrow more than you can pay back. They're great if you pay it off as soon as statement arrives, as then you pay no interest. Not so good if you can't resist the temptation of being able to shop when you have no money.

Which is why i'm allways papered-up.

linzTDI
03-07-03, 04:50 PM
lol you must live in a dodgy area :wink: :lol:

Excuse my Dodgey Area!!!! :o

I live here too y know

Ben (lurk75)
03-07-03, 05:29 PM
ive just had a fone call
sumbody from sum finance place
imediatly i tell her i dont want no cards, loans, or money
she says shes not offering them but she wants to check my details for the credit card form ive filled out

WTF!!
i havent filled out any credit card form!
i tell her so, she still wants to check my details, im not gonna tell her lol
"so u think it could be fraud" she asks me

"errr i dont care lol your not getting any details and i dont want no shitty cards/loans or other crap"

"thanks for your time ill file it as fraud"

WTF! :o

That is weird as fuck, i had the same phone call last week, funny thing is i have a few surnames and this was for one i hardly use, and have no credit cards for, only a basic bank account. I didnt take much notice until afterwards.

I think wisewood has been selling our details again to buy more paint!!!

((((((((((JOKE))))))))))

Jim
04-07-03, 09:53 AM
Micky, I swear you've jinxed me now. Since you put this post up I've had phone calls each night of the week with people trying to flog me stuff. Had one last night where apparently me or my girlfriend had filled out a "Holiday Questionaire" up to 5 years ago :o I told the nice girl on the phone that we hadn't been on holiday for over 5 years and that neither of us had filled out any such thing. She kept trying to carry on, but in the end she gave up and said "So you're not intrested then?" LOL. I feel sorry for them in a way, but it's a pain in the arse as I'm usually eating my dinner when they phone up :x

Jim