PDA

View Full Version : Rad Fan?

Ash_GTE
02-07-11, 06:24 AM
Am wanting to wire my radiator fan direct to a switch because at the minute its not working i think someone might of previously wired it up to a switch because there are a couple of switch's dotted around my dash and the wires to them have been cut. Could anyone do me a simple diagram on how to wire the radiator fan to a switch because when it comes to car electrics i haven't got a clue :confused:

mowgli
02-07-11, 07:03 AM
it sounds like the switch in the rad has failed. get a new one. simples.

if you must wire one in, get 2 'piggyback' spade terminals & a couple of metres of 2 core wire from the motor factors, fit the piggybacks to the wires at one end, then undo the rad switch spades, & fit the piggybacks, then refit the rad spades. this means the rad switch will still work. then connect the other end of the 2 core wires to a switch. so this cons the system into thinking the rad switch has worked, and turns the fan on.

Ash_GTE
07-07-11, 05:00 AM
delete

Spudly
07-07-11, 07:01 PM
There is no need to run a wire from both on the fan, just the negative, that way you dont need to fuse it, run one side of the switch to the -ve on the fan, and the other side to a body earth, seemples!

swedge
07-07-11, 08:12 PM
the way i done it was spliced into one of the wires on the sensor at the bottom of the radiator ran it to a switch then the other side of the switch to an earth

once the connection earths the fan comes on

my fan switch dosnt work and even without the fan on the car never gets above half way