PDA

View Full Version : Are 60/40 mounts welded to the car?

AW3K
30-06-03, 06:21 PM
hi

are 60/40 rear seat mounts welded to the car?

Has anyone got a photo of what they look like? both parts.

I've been offered an interior with split seats and wondered if they'd fit in a 1L

Cheers

AW3K

Ben (lurk75)
30-06-03, 06:42 PM
Yes they are welded in, when you buy the seats get the guy to take it off with them then just drill through and add it with self tappers.

(thats what we do when we sell them)

AW3K
30-06-03, 06:45 PM
Yes they are welded in, when you buy the seats get the guy to take it off with them then just drill through and add it with self tappers.

(thats what we do when we sell them)

Cheers ben

he says it included the pivot asembly but i dunno if he means the plastic thing or the complete thing. i'll investigae

:)

Ben (lurk75)
30-06-03, 06:48 PM
It will balance there on just the assembly until you get someone sit on it!

Just say you want the piece thats welded to the shell, if he wont rip it off then let me know and i will send you one with your central locking kit.

ade
30-06-03, 06:53 PM
Be careful when drilling coz the petrol tank is round there...

I never used the brackets - instead I fashioned a bracket out of 2 opld fence brackets. the 1st was curlec into a circle and looped between the 2 pins where the welded bracket used to go - then it was screwed to the 2nd bracket which was twisted and bolted to the inner spare wheel edge to hold it in place.

they fold down perfectly and dont squeek.

the only other issue is the seat parts which on the higher spec cars have 4 hountings but on the lower ones only have 2. again - watch the petrol tank when drilling. I found self tappers no good and couldnt get a grip to add a nut and bolt (no way of getting under the seat unless you remove the petrol tank

Ade

AW3K
30-06-03, 10:02 PM
It will balance there on just the assembly until you get someone sit on it!

Just say you want the piece thats welded to the shell, if he wont rip it off then let me know and i will send you one with your central locking kit.

ben these are the only mounts that are included so i think i need some off you.

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/mount.jpg

Let me know how much u want

Cheers

Andrew

ade
01-07-03, 09:46 PM
I'll see if I can take a pic of what I did.

Its easier than trying to weld a bracket in place

Ade

brian
02-07-03, 12:17 AM
yes those are the retainer clips. Ben will send you the rest, ill get on to him right away!

AW3K
03-07-03, 12:12 AM
yes those are the retainer clips. Ben will send you the rest, ill get on to him right away!

Cheers Ben is sorting me out with the middle rear mount, still need the aditional 2 front mounts tho :(

AW3K

Ste_Nova
03-07-03, 11:48 AM
just use 2 standard ones instead of the 1 large one

AW3K
03-07-03, 11:51 AM
just use 2 standard ones instead of the 1 large one

Looks like i will have to.

a m8's dad can weld. which weld shel i use spot electric, or gas?

cheers

Ste_Nova
03-07-03, 01:07 PM
mig... while someone is using a hose to keep the top of the fuel tank cool...

only needs 4 mig spots per bracket