PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Charging

SKoob
30-06-03, 05:05 PM
I think the way to get the best performance has to be this, like the Lancia Delta S4 in group B rallying. basically it had a supercharger and turbo charger, the supercharger wud be enganged instanly, and the turbo cud then be run at stupidly high boost, because the supercharger got rid of the lag. These rally cars on gravel cud do 0-60 in 2.5secs thus cud out accelerating F1 crs of that era, just sounds nuts, wud love to have a go at doing this when i can afford the insurance and to do such a project. :twisted:

HEVY-nova
30-06-03, 11:30 PM
yea wud b quality if funds would allow. seen it done in a mag b4, a prelude or sumfing, put out bout 450 bhp apparently...mad

brian
01-07-03, 01:46 AM
currently in rallycross in Ireland and Uk we have Dermot Carnegie with his 600+bhp focus and John McClusky in his 600+bhp Peugeot 306. thats quality rallycross and only ywo examples of the fleet of cars competing. Other are an RS200 with around 500bhp and a Metro 6r4.
I have been lucky enough to see the first two in action many times and the focus in mental altogether. all i can remember is when i looked into the engine bay the turbo was the width of the cosworth head!! and side by side they fairly filled the bay.
In the Punchestown (ireland) rally masters last year Colin Mcrae drove Carnegie's focus and said it was the most unreal thing he ever drove. he got out with a smile from ear to ear. he said it was quick as fuck (double the power of his focus at the time) and couldn't handle for shit!! :lol:
And as for the Group B era...well for the last two year in the Killarney International Rally a selection of Group B cars have been runin ahead of the main event :D .
its very errie to hear a Quattro roaring through the mountains at 7 in the morning!