PDA

View Full Version : SR head

zeifer33
30-06-11, 03:04 PM
Hi, I have problems with my 1.4SR engine. One of the valve is broken and I want to ask if I can install the 1.3SR head.:d or better mod.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3014/foto0311w.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/foto0311w.jpg/)

Stuart
30-06-11, 03:25 PM
1.4 head will have the naff square port inlets.

best off getting another 1.3 head or a 1.2 CARB (not SPI as they are the same as 1.4's) head.

phunkynova
30-06-11, 03:41 PM
You can use the 1.4 se head it has bigger valves and better ports but there is a problem it has round inlet ports and you'll need a manifold to mach.

Stuart
30-06-11, 03:45 PM
which is then a problem as there isnt an off the shelf inlet for a single carb to the 14SE head... (otherwise I'd have suggested that too :p )

mowgli
30-06-11, 03:59 PM
Just slap another valve in.

zeifer33
01-07-11, 01:00 AM
I have a single GTE head, what do you think you use a nova GTE head, valves, springs, etc with a 14NV cams?

mowgli
01-07-11, 05:15 AM
your problem will come with the inlet manifold/ports not matching....
then the 1.6 combustion chamber is probably bigger, ao the compression will be too low..

garyc
01-07-11, 11:27 AM
Got some valves here, PM if you want one.

luke1.4sr
01-07-11, 11:41 AM
Just slap another valve in.

thats what i would do, otherwise you would be faffing around with it for ages,whilst your putting a new valve in relap all the other valves and make sure you get a head skim so you know everything will be perfect:thumb:

tom reid
01-07-11, 01:31 PM
Idealy you should re-cut the valves and seats, then lap the valves in.
Make sure you check the valve guides for wear before you do anything, especially the exhaust ones.

mowgli
01-07-11, 06:08 PM
Make sure you check the valve guides for wear before you do anything, especially the exhaust ones.

I couldn't agree more... as the valve had cracked, there would be some minor damage to the seat, from the 2 jagged edges, but the chunk of metal bouncing round won't have helped much.

zeifer33
01-07-11, 11:37 PM

This week will bring the head to the Garage to give me the repair price. No idea to get a little more power now this removed?

C612DNM
04-07-11, 05:25 PM
If you want a little more power, just port match everything to the gaskets. It takes patience and a die grinder, because that means exhaust manifold and downpipes too. There's a few HP hiding in there, and real HP too, none of these "10% power if you use this jollop in your tank" crap.

Going back to the original question the 1.3head has smaller chambers than the 1.4, which would raise your comp ratio to detonation levels.

zeifer33
04-07-11, 09:11 PM
If you want a little more power, just port match everything to the gaskets. It takes patience and a die grinder, because that means exhaust manifold and downpipes too. There's a few HP hiding in there, and real HP too, none of these "10% power if you use this jollop in your tank" crap.

Going back to the original question the 1.3head has smaller chambers than the 1.4, which would raise your comp ratio to detonation levels.

Thx man:thumb:

The first job that I will be completely disarm the head. Then take it to level, make valve seats and switch broken valve.