PDA

View Full Version : valve springs

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 11:20 PM
SH!T

just realised

when swapping my cam over into my 1.6 block.

i forgot to swap the valve springs, and modified retainers

now im thinking do i need to or not.......

BECAUSE although i do have paperwork for then engine the cam originally came out of,. i dont REALLY know if it has had these swapped, so ill be better with GM 1.6 items than 1.3

on the one sticker on the kent cams 3fold leaflet supplied with cam it does mention springs and retainers so do i just assume it was supplied as a kit and fit the items from that head???????

can i tell anyway? whats the diff?

a rather concerned mike :o :cry:

thanks

Byron69
01-07-03, 06:18 PM
definatly mate, u need to get them in exactly the same position to, otherwise they could wear unevenly, we had a 2.0l cav in the other day that the bloke had done the head gasket himself, but put the valve springs and followers bk in the wrong order, it was fine for about 2 weeks then got real lumpy, wen he brought it bk he needed new camshafts springs and retainers

mikeoxford
12-07-03, 12:56 PM
help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ill be rebuilding my block straight after billing. so i need to do this at the same time

rgv_stu
12-07-03, 09:11 PM
mike all valve springs/retainers are the same on 12-1.6

so if you got uprated parts for a 1.3 then fit them to the 1.6

mikeoxford
13-07-03, 11:23 PM
mike all valve springs/retainers are the same on 12-1.6

so if you got uprated parts for a 1.3 then fit them to the 1.6

so even *IF* (alkthough i SERIOUSLY suspsect they are uprated) IF they arent, me having standard 1.3 items instaed of 1.6 wont matter then.....

ahh cool

ent i glad i never sold that head now :D

rgv_stu
14-07-03, 08:55 AM
nope your ok - all the standard stuff is the same from 1.2-1.6

mikeoxford
14-07-03, 01:06 PM
well the bottom end rebuild is on its way as we speak :D paint it all up today! and start assembling when its dry / tomorow with stus help - unless uncle rob from warstock wants to come help me? ROB RING MEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!! where r u hiding ent spoke to u for aguz :(