PDA

View Full Version : Make a 2004 model

DUNOVA.
29-06-03, 11:07 PM
How good would it be if vauxhall bought the nova back?What do you reackon it would be like I would love to see that happen

ade
29-06-03, 11:10 PM
They have - Its called the corsa (sad I know)

:roll:

Ironically I'm actually in the production stages or designing scale models of novas - bringing them up to date a little with customisable panels, bumpers etc...

And as a twist I think I can make them remote controlled!!!

:D

Watch out - hopefully if I can get to Traxx I'll bring a couple down!

Ade

mikeoxford
30-06-03, 12:55 AM
They have - Its called the corsa (sad I know)

:roll:

Ironically I'm actually in the production stages or designing scale models of novas - bringing them up to date a little with customisable panels, bumpers etc...

And as a twist I think I can make them remote controlled!!!

:D

Watch out - hopefully if I can get to Traxx I'll bring a couple down!

Ade

ive got spare servos and stuff knocking about to make an electric remote control car - u wont be doing petrol will you as theyll get bashed?

speak to us on MSN one night - ill bring necessary goods to trax.

ade
30-06-03, 09:43 AM
cheers m8.

Plan is not to run em of petrol - I dont know enuff about remote controlled cars to do that stuff.

Just going to use a basic standard remote controlled car for the pars - cummut like them ones you get in tandies/maplin. Not too fast but fun all the same.

Could set up a nova race track! Have competitions!!! :D

Jim
30-06-03, 09:49 AM
I'm in the process of doing a Computerized 3D model of the Nova. I'll try and work on it some more in the near future.

Jim

Nova Modder
30-06-03, 10:02 AM
cool what proggy u use??

u box modeling it or using spline cages??

how you gonna go about texturing it, are you any good at lighting setups?

privatepie
30-06-03, 02:37 PM
what sort of lenth r the shells going 2 be?

Jim
30-06-03, 02:45 PM
cool what proggy u use??

u box modeling it or using spline cages??

how you gonna go about texturing it, are you any good at lighting setups?

I'm using Maya to do the model. I work with Maya in my job, plus theres a couple of lads here who are really good with setting up a lighting rig. I'm creating the model by extruding edges and working on a panel at a time to give as realistic a model as possible. Plus this will help with lighting and rendering the finished object. I'll probably texture it using a "phong" material.

I'll keep you posted.

Jim

AW3K
30-06-03, 06:42 PM
Ade m8 will you be making lexen or ABS body shells for existing RC cars? cos i want a monster nova. :D

a shell to fit my stadium truck would be cool. appently they used to be made by another company but they stopped. :(

www.aw3k.co.uk/traxxas

Cheers

AW3K

Barn
30-06-03, 07:07 PM
sorry 2 break up the remote control stuff but replying 2 DU NOVA's question, i think it would be s**t if they brought the nova back. they would prob make it into a mini vectra or something, all curvy n stuff. It would probably end up bland and with about as much character as the new fiesta

apologies 4 saying the 'f' word on this site lol

Nova-Flair
30-06-03, 11:09 PM
i reckon it would be worthwhile vauxhall bringing the nova back as a limited edition for enthusiasts because the nova does have quite a big following.

alternatively you could theoretically make your own 2004 model if you could get hold of a brand new shell, although you cant buy these from vauxhall any more because apparently some bloke bought the last 50 of em for ?10k, this is what me m8 was told when he tried to get one n e way so this may or may not be true????

Jim
01-07-03, 07:31 AM
alternatively you could theoretically make your own 2004 model if you could get hold of a brand new shell

Hmmm...now theres an idea :)

To make a decent job of it all, you'd probably have to spend somewhere in the region of ?5-10k on the bodywork alone to bring it up to date.

Jim

ade
01-07-03, 09:00 PM
aye - heard there was a HUGE yard of 1ltr shells in Spain sitting going dusty (not rusty - cos the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain :lol: !!!)

My plan is to keep the basic shape but remodel the bumpers, interior and general feel without losing the basic characteristics.

I means - whats the point of completely changing it - we like it for its boxyness anyway.

I'd h8 to see a modern vbersion of it - I have images of the new mini in my head :x nice from the side but rank from the front and back (the tops way too small for the bottom 1/2)

And as for the model - its about 23cm long (ish) and about 10cm wide by about 9/10cm high...

may look at wide arch versions later (simply need to replace the wings and rear 1/4 - almost like the real thing but in small scale!)

Ade