PDA

View Full Version : Corsa C20LET overheating bubbling over????

Damo
28-06-11, 09:14 PM
Hi guys trying to get to the bottom of this annoying problem now right basically one of the mates bought the above car three weeks ago and after three days it bend a conrod. So i sorced a new ish LET bottom end and rebuilt it with new shells seals etc but used the original head which was ok but now after rebuilding it with z20let steel headgaskit etc it over heats as if theres an airlock ive plumbed the water pipes as per the nova guide is this right? if so does anyone have any ideas why he say if he goes up hill the temp rises but if he comes back down it drops which im thinking airlock??.

Any help appreciated as im fed up of it now :mad:.

Damo.

Wazza024
29-06-11, 08:23 PM
My nova kept overheating with the c20let but thats because the single fan wasnt enough to cool it down. Have you checked that it its flowing as it should do through all the hoses? Have you run it up with the heater on till hot air comes through with the header tank cap off? And is the thermostat ok? And temp sender is ok?

mowgli
29-06-11, 08:26 PM
is the rad blocked? the thermostat & water pump ok??
are you absolutely certain that it isn't an electrical issue causing the gauge to read funny?

Damo
29-06-11, 09:25 PM
Hi guys,

Wazza: ive ran the corsa up to temp several times dude with heaters on full hot and header cap off ive never know this in a vaux tbh my XE was fine it self bleed!!!.

Mowgli: The water is flowing thru the rad freely thermo stat is now removed and water pump is a new genuine one as ive just rebuilt the motor and the temp guage sender has just been replaced for a new one but its been pressure bleed tonite and think we may have cured it be times will tell.

Thanks guys.

Jedro
30-06-11, 11:33 PM
manual fan switch could help??

Damo
01-07-11, 04:35 PM
Its already got one bud.

rick-c20let
02-07-11, 12:19 AM
eny help this wud be great it is my corsa

mowgli
02-07-11, 08:36 AM
unfortunately for us, you have the advantage of having the car in front of you, we do not.. if the cooling system is fine, then the problem is an internal one, and the engine will need taking apart & checking over properly.