PDA

View Full Version : Help ! First car.. wot do i buy ?

Hodgeheg
29-06-03, 09:42 PM
I have an AS Level in Electronics.. so i know alot about elctrics.so i don't need to know how to wire it or anything else.

I have a head unit sorted out. Only gonna spend about ?100 on it.

I only really want a Sub, 2 6x9's and maybe 2 speakers in the front doors, then just swap over the standard speakers for slightly better ones, give myself a bit of tacky trebly sound in the front, to even out the bass from the back.

Do i HAVE to mount the sub in the boot.. or can i put it in the parcel shelf along with the 6x9's.. as i wud like to fit my BMX in the boot. ?

I have about ?100 to get a Sub and 2 6x9's and two front speakers for the doors. not alot.. but enough. Any recommendations. i might go second hand, as i can sort out any electrical faults myself. ?

What about an AMp. do i ahve to have one ? Anyone know where i can get a whole package, i.e AMP,SUB,2 x 6*9's ?

epo
29-06-03, 09:57 PM
first mate welcome 2 novaload. i wud get the sub and amp out of the back of a mag like max power for example and wud fit the sub in the boot in a box even if u wanna save space u cud buy a stealth box wich is mad 2 fit inside the boot round the rear wheel arch
and i wudnt bother with 6x9's id get a decent componant kit as for wot sub and amp package id recomend rockford fosgate i love em well basey sound well gud but am sure other people will have different opionionsbut i like em. but if u do want speakers and 6x9's halfords have some gud choices and they aint 2 badly priced 4 a change

wrigleys
01-07-03, 08:05 PM
6x9's, small replacement front speakers and a good headunit, until you can save up some more money to buy a nice amp and sub('s)

Good luck mate!

LANKYPASS
02-07-03, 09:07 PM
All i can say is splx stuff from motor world !!!

for ?100 you could get 400watt sub ?19.99
200watt 6x9's ?19.99
2x 75watt AMP ?34.99
(to power the 6x9's)

you can pick up front speakers for hardly anything !!!

this should bring you up to less than ?100

all you need then is a cheap amp to power the sub !!!

!OH AND DONT EVER MOUNT A SUB ON A PARCEL SHELF UNLESS IT IS A FREE AIR SUB! p.s i wouldnd bother with a free air sub myself :wink:

Id just get a normal sub like the 400watt 1 i told you about and get it in a box that you could make yourself. If is in a box you will get ace bass. that would be my choice

HOPE THIS HELPS YA