PDA

View Full Version : I know this must get tedious but will GSi clocks fit my 1.2?

Gaz1.2
29-06-03, 09:29 PM
I bet you guys r readin this and thinkin "oh god not another big boy wannabe asking a stupid question that has been answered here 1000's of times before!!" Well sorry but im a bit slower than the other kids in the class! so would Gsi clocks fit in my 1.2 carb nova or am i dreaming?? Cheers guys if the whole world woz run by us car nuts it would be a much better place!!!! :D

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 10:55 PM
yes

Gaz1.2
30-06-03, 08:21 AM
What does it take? And have u any instruction?

Aragorn
30-06-03, 10:04 AM
assuming they are both mk2 it should be a direct swap

u might need to run a wire to the coil for the rev counter but that should be all

if its mk1 then u'd need to get GTE clocks and u will prolly need to fiddle with the wiring since im sure they use a different pinout

basically cut the plug off the GTE and off yours and match up your wires with the GTE's wires

Byron69
30-06-03, 12:56 PM
yeah, it will fit, u need a wiring diagram for both types of car and the plugs from a gsi,u also have 2 run a wire from the ignition coil, its alot of hassle for not alot gain, i just put in a sr dash with white dials and its a vast inprovement, try looking on the max power site i'm sure some1 does a whole new set that will fit straight in for ?70 and they change colour! 8)