PDA

View Full Version : Gutted

SKoob
29-06-03, 08:30 PM
Spent all day putting the head back on my nova 1.3SR after the headgasket went, got it all rebuilt. Turned it over, still sounded like poo, so i took the rocker cover off, i found 1 of the collets had fallen off a valve, causing the valve to bend:( I am really gutted, as i am gonna have to take the head off and get the valve ground in, and go through all the trouble of putting it back together. Worried whats gonna happen next :cry:

A very upset SKoob :(

Neil.
29-06-03, 09:30 PM
me and mike r putting my engine back together on thurs, i just know it'll go wrong!

RobHardyUK
29-06-03, 09:52 PM
think mines the next one to start playin up, we just started noticing it has been leaking oil. :o

only a bit tho. hum

ade
29-06-03, 10:47 PM
ah - nowt like positive people!

Rob - wheres it leaking oil from?

It could just be the rocker cover, crank case seal or sump.

Mine elaking oil - too through breather pipe! - light wont go out so aint driving it just incase - going to garage this week (again!)

Fingers crossed, touch wooden items and best of luck to us all!

Otherwise mines being stripped (according to the wife anyway!)

:wink:

dave.gsi
29-06-03, 11:33 PM
mine leaks oil too, needs a new sump nut from halfords. any1 know the part number from halfords as they never seem to have the bloody booklet thing which tell u the one you need :evil:

mikeoxford
30-06-03, 12:52 AM
me and mike r putting my engine back together on thurs, i just know it'll go wrong!

:o

what you trying to say about my work?

if the engines i had rebuilt were good enough in the first place and i wasnt trying to use thrashed engines from just novas - everyone of my engines would have been sweet.

ollster
30-06-03, 12:56 AM
lol mike calm down :oops:, where is the rebuild happenin, cos if its in sheff then ill lend a hand :wink:.

mikeoxford
30-06-03, 01:09 AM
lol mike calm down :oops:, where is the rebuild happenin, cos if its in sheff then ill lend a hand :wink:.

:lol: nah i werent being raving or anything like!

just saying :D i knew neil didnt mean anything like that ;)

sheff on thurs probly.

ollster
30-06-03, 01:48 AM
Well if you need some help then give me a buzz because i have not got anything planned on thursday