PDA

View Full Version : respray>>>>>> black>>>>>>

*NoVa_BoY*
29-06-03, 04:40 PM
how hard would it b 2 do this myself, how much paint and stuff will i need?????

really need help from peeps that have done it themselves and can u post pics so i can c wot it looks like

Stuart
29-06-03, 04:41 PM
STYLING FORUM

ade
29-06-03, 10:56 PM
if you aint done it before will take a lot of time and effort and you will prob bodge it - I've done mine twice - 1st with cans (whole car) - 2nd with spray gun - using 2pak paint in a double garage

both times had runs, dust contamination fish eyes and overspray/dust settling on the fresh paint - and Ive got a degree in special effects so I've got experience of spraying (sort of...not such big areas)

TBH unless youve got time, a little experience and the patience get a garage to do it. I did mine - total respray and rebuild in 5 weeks - 7am to 12am every day without fail - was absolutely shagged afterwards - missed lots of little areas - car looked really good but Im a perfectionist and although happy with the last rebuild want another project so I can take A LONG TIME doing it.

And as they saay - its not the spraying that matters, its the prep you do before hand - which takes for ever!

If yer lazy get a garage to do it...

:|