PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy nova td

NOVA saloon
26-06-11, 09:48 PM
A yellow td nova reg L950MWR

bought in good faith off here all ticked up alls good then suspension tops go through the bonnet.

Seller did not want to know so went to the guy that mot'd and got some cash back. Is there any more that can be done ???

mowgli
26-06-11, 09:53 PM
either rebuild it or walk away.. buying a nearly 20 year old car is always going to be a case of buyer beware

edit.. or sell it to me for low money.....

Iain
26-06-11, 09:57 PM
What did you do for them to go through to the bonnet?

christurboo
26-06-11, 10:03 PM
What did you do for them to go through to the bonnet?

this?? lol

MK999
26-06-11, 10:06 PM
Better not have killed a mustard yellow TD... lol

Balley
26-06-11, 10:06 PM
Were the turret tops rotten?

Damo
26-06-11, 10:08 PM
it looked mint in the forsale add?????

NOVA saloon
26-06-11, 10:10 PM
Nothing personally it's my mates now. He was just driving normally.

Says something when he went to the mot station where the car got mot'd and he payed some cash so they didn't report him. That to me is a dodgy mot.

NOVA saloon
26-06-11, 10:13 PM
So to me that's an unfair sale.

Balley
26-06-11, 10:13 PM
I would agree.

Bubba
26-06-11, 10:14 PM
Nothing personally it's my mates now. He was just driving normally.

Says something when he went to the mot station where the car got mot'd and he payed some cash so they didn't report him. That to me is a dodgy mot.

thats more than a dodgy MOT...thats a dangerous one...a dodgy one is when he lets you off a split CV boot and some slightly corroded fuel pipes lol

mowgli
26-06-11, 10:17 PM
my sister in law lives in bicester.. she bought a fiesta with 12 months mot, and it was a shed, it broke down & she was told to go away by the seller... bicester is home to a really big vosa mot centre (where they mot the lorries) so she took it down there with the documentation.... well, the chief examiner rang the garage where it was mot'd for an explanation, and basically told them that if they wanted to continue they had a week to get the car up to standard... so my sister in law got a really good car that did her for years....

NOVA saloon
26-06-11, 10:21 PM
The mot guy give them 250 when they wanted 500 so to me that would be fair who sold it on here forgot now lol

Will F
26-06-11, 10:57 PM
Its sold as seen unfortunately - Its REALLY unusual for bot turrets to go at the same time too - if they were that rotten - buyer should have noticed imo.

That, or he got massive air and the suspension did NOT like the landing!?

John
26-06-11, 11:00 PM
Its sold as seen unfortunately - Its REALLY unusual for bot turrets to go at the same time too - if they were that rotten - buyer should have noticed imo.

That, or he got massive air and the suspension did NOT like the landing!?

this :)

MK999
26-06-11, 11:04 PM
Either way if it's been sold with 12 months 'MOT' which the owner got in the post, it's a bit low...

Bubba
26-06-11, 11:31 PM
Either way if it's been sold with 12 months 'MOT' which the owner got in the post, it's a bit low...

so the guy MOT'd it with no car at the garage? but had his card in the machine? oh if only VOSA had randomly turned up lol

NOVA saloon
26-06-11, 11:34 PM
If sold as seem means anything (not alot) eg buy a pair of shoes the souls spit away from the shoe 7 days later. You the buyer takes them back either replace or your money back. And that's for a £50 quid pair.

I just feel it's unfair what has happend with the seller off PNG who is ment to be a respected member. And ain't willing to sort it out make good of something oviously bad. That's all and I think other people will agree?????

bazil
26-06-11, 11:42 PM
who sold it then?

swedge
26-06-11, 11:44 PM
When I sell a car it's sold as seen, if the turrets went through the bonnet surely the buyer would have notices the rot around the turrets?

Dodgy mot or not I would have still noticed rot around the turrets when buying it

jaygsi
26-06-11, 11:52 PM
Not a van was it?

Lee H
26-06-11, 11:54 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170355

NOVA saloon
26-06-11, 11:55 PM
Yes was a yellow van with Gsi interior speed lines on and a hidious Evo style bonet tomorrow I myself is going to have a proper look around this car.

NOVA saloon
26-06-11, 11:59 PM
Thanks Lee that's the 1 in question. And looks spot on in pics.

Oh and Lee that drivers door was spot on thanks sorry for late feed back. Matt

Bubba
27-06-11, 12:16 AM
those turrets look fine :/ how random

any pics of how they came up?

Connor
27-06-11, 12:35 AM
At least it killed the horrid bonnet (i hope)
And i hope this situation gets sorted, MOT's through the post sound very fishy, imo your mate shouldnt of taken the 250 and should of sent VOSA round :thumb:

Mieran
27-06-11, 12:35 AM
my sister in law lives in bicester.. she bought a fiesta with 12 months mot, and it was a shed, it broke down & she was told to go away by the seller... bicester is home to a really big vosa mot centre (where they mot the lorries) so she took it down there with the documentation.... well, the chief examiner rang the garage where it was mot'd for an explanation, and basically told them that if they wanted to continue they had a week to get the car up to standard... so my sister in law got a really good car that did her for years....

You always seem to have a family member or friend who has a story matching the lines of the thread you're posting in lol

calibra-keith
27-06-11, 12:42 AM
looks a tad dirty under bonnet but other than that then turrets look find in picture, be interesting to see whats happened .......

NOVA saloon
27-06-11, 12:50 AM
That is my thoughts exactly a tad dirty but fine. Il report back in afternoon lol as going work now. And just seems odd and personally don't think a respected member on here would be like that/this!

I am not slating anybody on here or calling fit to burn etc so don't think that.
I seem to think png is a top forum. And I personally enjoy it.

MK999
27-06-11, 01:01 AM
Different to the one I was thinking of, that looks solid to me tbh, although it's normally behind the turrets they go first. David has always seemed respectable on here too which makes me start to doubt the MOT story, only one person that really knows though I guess lol

NOVA saloon
27-06-11, 01:15 AM
Yes well that's my thoughts too lol. But the mot man paid up 250 notes wen I look at car proper this after noon I will give me humdinger thoughts but now off to London to the rich lol delevering fruit and veg in my 60 plate **** as fook sprinter lol.

mowgli
27-06-11, 07:47 AM
You always seem to have a family member or friend who has a story matching the lines of the thread you're posting in lol

i can't help that, but i could give you her phone number to confirm the facts....

Jack
27-06-11, 08:17 AM
I think the argument here would be with the MOT rather than the seller. Especially with them taking money over the situation!

I can't imagine the suspension failing in that fashion unless there was obvious signs of corrosion/wear in the area, which I'm sure David would have pointed out if he had any knowledge of it. I didn't have any problem with him when I bought the cav, couldn't have asked for a better seller really.

Lee
27-06-11, 11:01 AM
Sorry but both turrets went through at the same time from normal driving? Not in a month of sundays! I would bet both my legs your mate got some serious air.

mowgli
27-06-11, 11:07 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/davidfox280585/novavan/29052011257.jpg

Andy
27-06-11, 11:10 AM
Hump back bridge for sure

Pancho
27-06-11, 11:12 AM
looks solid. pics of the after please.

Connor
27-06-11, 11:12 AM
Any pictures of this so-called damage?

Lewis.
27-06-11, 11:14 AM
these look pretty damn good to me.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/davidfox280585/novavan/29052011257.jpg

your mate obviously jumped it, then felt like a right tit afterwards so invented this cock and bull story to cover up his retardedness lol

wwmnw
27-06-11, 11:18 AM
If the bay was clean you could pass it off as fresh out the factory! Either the rust was extremely well hidden or as said, the fool got air, probably after watching 2 fast 2 furious and thinking road cars can ACTUALLY land, damage free, after getting some air.

mowgli
27-06-11, 11:20 AM
it is feasible that the car rotted out and there could be some tidy bodgery under the inner arches.. its been done before on a nova......or any other vehicle tbf...

i was told by an mot inspector of a school bus that had some steel plating done, and the welds looked beautiful, so he whacked one with a hammer to find the 'welds' had been done with tiger seal!!!!!

bainyboy sr
27-06-11, 11:22 AM
i do find it hard to belive both turrets cuming through the bonnet with normal driving, at the end of the day its sold as seen , i bought a bmw last week and withing 3 days its overheating im not phoning the guy asking him to fix it , its sold as seen just like if i sold a car to someone its sold as seen simples , and that van lookt clean

Pancho
27-06-11, 11:26 AM
shame it looks like an ex yeb van. i remember my cousin driving one when new.

SRimon
27-06-11, 11:31 AM
If that photo was when it was sold those turrets wouldn't just shoot through the bonnet, bollocks.

My mate had pretty rusty seams on his SR and we used to hammer around in that and they never failed...

brownbear
27-06-11, 11:33 AM
Normal driving??? I severely doubt that you'd get both struts through a bonnet unless you were giving it a SERIOUS pasting.

Iain
27-06-11, 11:34 AM
They rot from underneath where you can't really see, and behind the turrets, so I guess it could look fine from the front and have gone under the seam sealer? I have to be untrusting and agree with Lee tho for both to come through on normal driving is a little odd/suspicious

Pics of damage!

blue_peg_16v
28-06-11, 08:45 AM
I was there when it was sold dave pointed out the bad bits to the guys buying it it also didn't have 12 months mot was about 10.5 and would of only been posted if he couldn't find it he's crap with paperwork as jack will confirm lol the van was sold in good faith and is sold as seen Jesus there were 3 of them looking at it and they crawled all over it checking it there was a bit of rust round the os turret which was pointed out and the buyer was happy with it.

Maka
28-06-11, 11:04 AM
Don't see the point in this thread being started? I'm good mates with the lad Harry who bought the van off David-

Although unhappy with the rot causing the problem with the offside turret his grievance is with the tester- not David.

Harry is a qualified mechanic and MOT tester himself and once he'd given the van a thorough going over at work a few days after buying it he realised what state it was in he contacted the garage who had tested it.

The tester who had passed it answered the phone and Harry told him the scenario. He then asked if David was a friend of his to which he replied no. Harry is more worried about the fact that this bloke is putting tickets on rotten cars without it being a "personal leniency/favour.." than he is about the van. The vans in bits now being treated to an offside leg/inner wing rebuild.

wwmnw
28-06-11, 11:45 AM
I thought "sold as seen" was just a sellers way of saying "once you take this and find some problems with it I wont be giving you a refund" sold as seen has no legal standing.

Lewis.
28-06-11, 12:22 PM
/\ correct, 'sold as seen' is not enough, which is why your advert should clearly state that there is 'no warranty given, or implied' or words to that effect. at the end of the day, the seller is under no obligation to sell a showroom condition car, it can be a proper rot box, and so long as the buyer is aware, thats all that matters. obviously corrosion is a more long term thing, but when it comes to things like headgaskets and timing belts, if it happens after you've bought it, just sit down, and shut up.

davidfox280585
28-06-11, 04:11 PM
firstly!

when i bought the van it had been undersealed heavily in the arches some time ago which is the horrible nasty black thick stuff, when motd everything looked and seemed ok,
i had the failure from the year before it failed on a cv boot and discs and pads rusty from being stood,i completed the work and gave it a check and all seemed ok,
it got motd properly for any doubters and passed with the advisorys of nsf wheel bearing slight play and slight corrosion underneath,this was checked over and seemed ok,infact i was told it was pretty good considering its age and been stood for 4 year,

now i put 5000 miles on it in the time i had it and saw no issues though coming from a cavalier to a nova as a daily car i didnt realise it would be so impractical for carrying blokes with me to work so i put it up for sale,
i had it advertised at a higher price and wardy came to view it,he was curious to get underneath so i offered to get the jack and lift it up for him,
which we did and we gave it a good going over and found that the inner wing tops were corroded but hid by the underseal,
we poked a hole in it and came to the conclusion it wanted work doing in these areas either side,
i reduced the price to what i would get for it in parts so was sold for what it would break for,
harry rang me about it which i told him before he sets off it needs welding and addressing on the inner wings which he was happy to come view,
on arrival they were 3 lads one of which is a mot tester going over the van crawling all over it,
i hid nothing and showed him the areas that need addressing which he seemed happy with, i even removed the battery for him to look underneath,

now i would have welded it myself though with the skirts being flushed in prior to me owning it i didnt want to remove the wings so i left all to see so i werent hiding anything,
as to the suspension struts coming through the bonnet is a joke,once i was aware of this i thought it was rubbish as a lad who lives local to the area where the buyer lives told me it was driving about still as he had seen it,i seriously would like pictures of this!!!!!!!!

as to why you have come on just to slate me is a joke,as jack mentioned anything i am aware of when i sell something i make them aware of,hell i even told harry it had a intermittent indicator fault which wasnt there at the time of him buying it,
the mot was 10 month and to be fair to the tester the area in question was under the wing tops and covered in underseal,i think it is unfair that they have conned money from the garage as clearly he werent aware of the issue and it was me who was poked it with a large sharp screwdriver 2 month later, also the mot was given with the van with the large stack of history it had,

i really dont think your friend made you aware that he knew it needed attention as clearly he did know,rich was at the side of me when he bought it,i mentioned it over and over again,

when he text me saying he wanted his money back the reason was no due to the fact the only issue he could possibly come up with is that it needed work in the area that he was told it needed work in the first place,as mentioned he seemed happy with the van,
and again both struts through the bonnet????????????????????????????

i do not beleive this one bit hell i hit a hidden speed bump in at which i didnt see and gave it a right bang which if your saying this happened then surely it would of went then,
i think you need to stop posting chinese whispers as clearly harry was aware it needed welding thats why he wasnt offered a refund and i rduced the for sale price to what is was worth in parts,

as to blackmailing the garage saying your taking it to vosa unless he gives you money is childish! maybe you need to star in midsomer murders or the like, he obviously werent aware and as ive been led to beleive the reason he has paid any money is that it is a fairly new garage/business and has only been open 7 months and wanted to keep a clean slate so as mentioned id get some true facts before you come on the forums slating people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba
28-06-11, 06:05 PM
i want to see pics...im sure anyone who had both struts come through the bonnet would have gotten pics.

Spudly
28-06-11, 06:17 PM
Im glad David has seen this and replied to it, as i know him fairly well and was the middle man when jack bought the cav from him, i went to go pick it up from David until Jack and Lee had the time to journey up for it.

He told me absolutely everything, pointed out the little bits in the pain where he had redone the rear arches and wasnt quite happy with the outcome (which he had already explained to Jack in depth over the phone) i couldnt imagine anyone else to be as up front and downright honest as David is, most straight up seller ive ever met!

I know this seems to have been resolved down to the lad that bought the van from David, but i had to post my opinion of him as a seller as it doesnt take much to give someone a bad name, which in this case is definately not warranted!

novautd
28-06-11, 06:18 PM
Having viewed the car when it was forsale i think i can give a good opinion on the car. The car looks alot better in the pics than it actualy was, however you could quite easilly see the rust isue that the o/s/f turret has as soon as you opend the bonnet and looked at it. this being the reason i decided not to buy it and got labled as a time waster.

blue_peg_16v
28-06-11, 06:32 PM
Having viewed the car when it was forsale i think i can give a good opinion on the car. The car looks alot better in the pics than it actualy was, however you could quite easilly see the rust isue that the o/s/f turret has as soon as you opend the bonnet and looked at it. this being the reason i decided not to buy it and got labled as a time waster.

exactly the point nothing wash hidden and the buyer was told of the work needed, would of been easy to bodge and hide but it wasnt

draper
28-06-11, 06:54 PM
so the OP is simply the mate of someone who bought the car and then proceeded to blackmail an MOT place ? bet he's been itching to start this thread what with the board being down etc hahaha

Will F
28-06-11, 07:12 PM
I dont think anyone has actually slated the seller tbh - like draper said, looks like a lame attempt to blackmail the MOT tester.

Until we get pics of the damage - its all heresay anyway.

Spudly
28-06-11, 07:17 PM
Thats probably about the sum of it tbf Will, but i just wanted to clarify what an unbelievably genuine guy David is, the central locking had died on the morning i went to pick up the cav and he didnt have time to look into it, he had rung Jack to let him know and had said to him and myself that whatever it needed to fix, to let him know the cost and he would forward the funds to do so (as Jack had already sent payment for the car) next morning, i swapped the central locking control module off my SRi that i was breaking at the time and it worked spot on again, i rang David to let him know and he offered me payment for the part/fixing it, when it wasnt even his car anymore lol

How many other sellers would do that, none imo, so just wanted to make sure noone had any bad thoughts about David :d

Jack
28-06-11, 07:52 PM
(which he had already explained to Jack in depth over the phone)
Too right, I'm glad my phone was on charge for that call lol lol lol

Spudly
28-06-11, 08:03 PM
Too right, I'm glad my phone was on charge for that call lol lol lol

Lol bless him, he just wanted to make sure he painted as accurate a picture as he possibly could i reckon lol

blue_peg_16v
28-06-11, 08:24 PM
he can also talk for england lol

Damo
28-06-11, 09:22 PM
As people have said like spud etc i know david personally and he is as honest as they come imo he wouldnt try to hide anything/cover anything up just to sell it as anither user posted 2 pages back it was rusting on the innerwing.

hendrix
28-06-11, 10:24 PM
Having recently met David, I couldn't have wished for a better seller, who went well out of their way to sort things out for me.

Anyway, when buying a second hand car, its buyer beware. I had my SRi a day and the head went, didn't go asking for refunds or anything. Suck it up and move on (and watch the speed bumps!)

brownbear
28-06-11, 10:30 PM
I did 90 miles in my VR before the engine let go... I didn't complain!! I just rebuilt it! :)

hendrix
28-06-11, 10:38 PM
Asa just rebuilt it! :)

Edited for troofs :)

NOVA saloon
28-06-11, 10:58 PM
Rite I am not slating ANYBODY I have stated that I also STATED that all looked ok too me on advert and Harry said David off png I said don't no him personally but seems an ok bloke too me. So again not slating.

I got a phone call off Harry saying it this it's that and mentioned about dodgy mot rotton nova paid fair money so he said what he said.

I then said i'l have a look tomorrow then i'l give my honest opinion.

Now I do not think the car is in bad nick for a nova iv had worse. And said he been silly.. Simple

Mark
28-06-11, 11:01 PM
wtf??

TANKNOVA
29-06-11, 07:30 PM
come on pages really wheres the photos of the 2 struts takeing out the ( awsome ) bonnet photos or the op is telling massive lies !

wwmnw
29-06-11, 11:18 PM
the op is telling massive lies !

Nuff said.

/Thread.

Edd
30-06-11, 06:53 PM
Flol @ ' struts going through the bonnet '

What utter rubbish lol

Seems like a blackmail scam tbh

Danny s-p
30-06-11, 07:30 PM
it is feasible that the car rotted out and there could be some tidy bodgery under the inner arches.. its been done before on a nova......or any other vehicle tbf...

i was told by an mot inspector of a school bus that had some steel plating done, and the welds looked beautiful, so he whacked one with a hammer to find the 'welds' had been done with tiger seal!!!!!
my first ever nova had it done you be surprised how good lolly pop sticks can give you that origanl seams look with a bit of bodge on top. i was f**king socked 5 months down the line wen literlly my front leg seamed like it had just fell off on the left hand side. it literly came perfectly out of the cross member and from round the strut was held together with bodge silicone you name it the left hand side of my car was held together with it. i remember drive it home for the last time **** scared and up set that my little nova was dead. i wish i cud fined the old owner that bodge it but more i had right go at the man that mot'd it for me

davidfox280585
30-06-11, 08:31 PM
this is exactly the point to an mot tester,if it looks good and knocks solid how can it fail,
typical example is the honda civic mesh repair which was posted,looked awesome finished to the eye but was a full on bodge in everyway,i never built the van and all looked good when i bough it but that bit of use i gave it revealed the issues it had which were pointed out to the buyer,
these struts coming through the bonnet is absolutely absurd,
i feel for the mot tester to be fair when he motd it i will admit all looked good but under all that thick black underseal anything would, for him to be blackmailed as he was i think is a disgrace,
this whole thread is a utter disgrace,not by the users posting but by the actual subject,
im more than happy that the people who know me for who i am and have dealt with me on previous occasions have come up trumps on my behalf and the feelings are mutual, i do not think i have met any bad people from this forum and look forward to meeting many more regardless that i do not own another nova,though i am involved with helping rich with his van build,
as again coming onto an open forum and admitting blackmailing the mot centre for what they thought were right is damn right disgraceful and i really feel for the guy,i feel guilty for him as if its my fault in a way but i know it isnt,i dont blame him as he passed it as all seemed ok to him and advised on what he thought was necessary,
people doing this wonder why there older car gets such a grilling on mot with people going round doing as such,
if he didnt want to get his hands dirty then he shouldnt have bought a 20 year old nova with known faults!!!!

boss
30-06-11, 10:40 PM
is there any pics of the damage which side was it only seen this happen once before a red sr in tv but that was rotten the van looked clean in the pics

TeddyThom
01-07-11, 09:11 AM
As said before...

Pics or GTFO/IBTL :)

L33 LEG
01-07-11, 01:52 PM
If you're reading this Harry then sell me the shell, always wanted an L reg lol Had no idea this was your car when i first started reading the thread.

I also don't understand what the thread starter is trying to put across...seems to me that the buyer is pee'd off with the mot station and not with the seller. The seller has also done nothing wrong and has simply sold a 20 year old car as sold as seen. Im pretty sure the money won from the mot station will more than pay for the damage so this thread is pretty useless.

Would also like to know how both struts failed at the same time though lol :cool: