PDA

View Full Version : new vw caddy (bv60)

turbojolt
25-06-11, 04:35 PM
im driving a new caddy and every time i drive up a hill the clutch stinks out the whole van and on one steep hill the smoke was so bad i had to pull over and stop, i thought it was the way i was driving/ holding it on the clutch ect..but everyone on the firm is having the same problem could it be a faulty clutch or maybe a rubbish part??

it went into vw and the clutch flywheel and release bearing was changed (would have been £677 if it was out of the warranty) but once again its happening lol not really a big problem for me as i dont own it but has anyone on here had similar problem

or should i be driving up hills in a loaded van in a diffrent way :confused:

Paul
25-06-11, 05:20 PM
Mines cock on. Mines the 1.9tdi (10plate) not the new new one

Novasport
25-06-11, 08:13 PM
New VW's are sh!t. That's all.

Andy
25-06-11, 08:47 PM
all VW's are sh!t. That's all.
:)

mowgli
25-06-11, 09:03 PM
im driving a new caddy and every time i drive up a hill the clutch stinks out the whole van and on one steep hill the smoke was so bad i had to pull over and stop, i thought it was the way i was driving/ holding it on the clutch ect..but everyone on the firm is having the same problem could it be a faulty clutch or maybe a rubbish part??

it went into vw and the clutch flywheel and release bearing was changed (would have been £677 if it was out of the warranty) but once again its happening lol not really a big problem for me as i dont own it but has anyone on here had similar problem

or should i be driving up hills in a loaded van in a diffrent way :confused:

i reckon everyone is driving it like a cock, as it is a works van......

is it speed limited? or has it been chipped?? which is common..

General Baxter
25-06-11, 09:20 PM
as bad as my transporter, engines are made of cheese

i had 2 blades come off the turbo, they stayed in the intercooler, but it shot 90% of the oil into the cooler back into the engine, it hydro locked the engine, ovaled the crank, and the massive impact of the engine caused the duel mass to crack

epic :p

been quoted £2450 + vat + labour on a 54plate transporter lol

Southie
25-06-11, 09:48 PM
When cars or vans in this case are FREE to drive then employees don't give a feck if they break so they get driven like they've been stolen.

John
25-06-11, 11:18 PM
it's covered by warranty, and it's not yours, who cares. :)

turbojolt
25-06-11, 11:21 PM
it's covered by warranty, and it's not yours, who cares. :)

believe me i dont lol but it pisses me off when my manager talks **** about how i need a driving review lol

brainsnova
26-06-11, 01:49 AM
Should of bought a transit

turbojolt
26-06-11, 06:34 PM
i reckon everyone is driving it like a cock, as it is a works van......

is it speed limited? or has it been chipped?? which is common..

yer it is limited to 70 its a british gas van

D7AKE
26-06-11, 09:29 PM
My VW Camper does the same done it for years never bothered me :d

mowgli
26-06-11, 09:55 PM
yer it is limited to 70 its a british gas van

try driving it slowly.. you are on the clock at british gas so why are you racing around?????

turbojolt
26-06-11, 09:57 PM
im not racing around im on about hill starts and or waiting in traffic on hills matey

John
26-06-11, 10:15 PM
im not racing around im on about hill starts and or waiting in traffic on hills matey

Just take it back and tell them that the clutch is obviously slipping since the previous repair. Simples :)

turbojolt
26-06-11, 10:20 PM
Just take it back and tell them that the clutch is obviously slipping since the previous repair. Simples :)#

but there just going to replace it with another inferior part

mowgli
26-06-11, 10:21 PM
where does the blower motor take its feed from???

on a lot of vehicles, it is under the car somewhere for aero reasons..... it could just be that its taking smells from the engine bay

turbojolt
26-06-11, 10:22 PM
where does the blower motor take its feed from???

on a lot of vehicles, it is under the car somewhere for aero reasons..... it could just be that its taking smells from the engine bay

i dont have a clue mate

Stuart
26-06-11, 10:48 PM
Sounds like you cant do hill starts for shhizzle....

turbojolt
26-06-11, 10:50 PM
maybe the driving review is needed then lol is it abnormal for a van not to like to be held on the clutch?

John
26-06-11, 10:53 PM
#

but there just going to replace it with another inferior part

WHO CARES? (it's not yours) :)

Stuart
26-06-11, 10:54 PM
maybe the driving review is needed then lol is it abnormal for a van not to like to be held on the clutch?

Thats what the handbrake is for when using 'heavy' kit...

mowgli
26-06-11, 11:02 PM
maybe the driving review is needed then lol is it abnormal for a van not to like to be held on the clutch?#

nothing should be held on the clutch for a hill start..

turbojolt
26-06-11, 11:03 PM
Thats what the handbrake is for when using 'heavy' kit...

yer i use the handbrake aswell but it just dont like the initial start of on any hill and i dont jump around on the throttle and or clutch it just dont seem right