PDA

View Full Version : Replacing V5C quickly

Keif
25-06-11, 11:30 AM
Has anyone had to do this recently?

Trying to Tax the Nova GSi to take to Billing, got it MOTed yesterday and the V5C for the car has vanished.

On the DVLA website is says to ring or write and they'll sort it.
However a search round the net suggests I can go to my local DVLA office and get one there and then (it is a 3 year old reply though)

Does anyone know if this is still possible? then while i'm there I can give the government a wedge for using there poorly maintained roads.

Iain
25-06-11, 11:32 AM
Tax it online?

Keif
25-06-11, 11:33 AM
To tax it online, I need the code off the front of the V5C.

Hence I need the log book.

Spudly
25-06-11, 11:34 AM
I think you can reapply for it and tax it with the same form, visiting your local office armed with your chassis number and reg, plus old tax disc, form of id and proof of address, insurance and mot and all that gubbins, would be your best bet, not saying they definately will tax it there and then but if they can, you will have all the documentation you need to do it, and i doubt you will get a new V5 from them straight away, they come from swansea iirc!

mowgli
25-06-11, 11:36 AM
do you still have a tax reminder??? that has enough info.

the notts dvla office is off j26 iirc, they aren't bad, but they won't be that quick with sending it though.

Ben
25-06-11, 12:22 PM
Yes you can do it on the spot at dvla local office but will need to fill in a v62 and pay £25 for the privilidge

Keif
25-06-11, 06:15 PM
The office at Nottingham is 7 miles away, so it looks like £25 and a V62 is on the cards.

The car is currently SORN so no reminder.

Don't NEED the V5C before Billing, but a want a Tax Disc. :thumb:

Keif
25-06-11, 06:15 PM
The office at Nottingham is 7 miles away, so it looks like £25 and a V62 is on the cards.

The car is currently SORN so no reminder.

Don't NEED the V5C before Billing, but a want a Tax Disc. :thumb:

Keif
25-06-11, 06:17 PM
Thanks chaps.

A short 7mile trip to the Nottingham DVLA office on Monday then

Keif
25-06-11, 06:17 PM
Thanks chaps.

A short 7mile trip to the Nottingham DVLA office on Monday then

novacabrio
25-06-11, 07:06 PM
call DVLA swansea and they will send you one with in 3 days. Or go to the local office and they will do a v62 and tax your car there and then! Get there early though as queues at local offices are often big at this time of month

novacabrio
25-06-11, 07:06 PM
call DVLA swansea and they will send you one with in 3 days. Or go to the local office and they will do a v62 and tax your car there and then! Get there early though as queues at local offices are often big at this time of month