PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 4 door salloon nova

wrigleys
29-06-03, 01:47 PM
my mate is currently putting a 1.6 astra belmont engine in his 4 door nova, with a 5 speed custom built gearbox.

I'll post pics soon and let you know how he's getting on.

Aragorn
29-06-03, 06:47 PM
mike o was running a similar engine in his SR but he's now got it running on twin 40's and its f00kin rapid

he might have been better goin for a GTE lump as the head is much less restrictive and flows much better - this is what mike done to his when fitting the 40's

im currently working on summat similar on my car

http://www.kevingalloway.demon.co.uk/caratpv.JPG

cept im gonna be running a 1400 block with GTE head and injection

i had started working on a 4 door if u look in my profile youll see it but it was fucked with rust so its getting scrapped now and i got the 2 door instead

out of interest whats he doing with the box?

close ratio 5 speed with 4.18FD?

or a quaife cluster?

wrigleys
29-06-03, 07:58 PM
I don't know exactly what he's had done to this box,
But what I do know is it's close ratio from 1st to 4th then 5th is incredibly long, it came out of a nova gsi, and the predicted top speed was around 160mph although the gsi didn't have enough poke to get it up there, they did clock the gsi at 142mph though that was on a long strech of road.
and the engine thats going in wud see the heavy old belmont round to 130mph so in a little nova, you do the maths! :lol:

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 10:59 PM
mike o was running a similar engine in his SR but he's now got it running on twin 40's and its f00kin rapid

he might have been better goin for a GTE lump as the head is much less restrictive and flows much better - this is what mike done to his when fitting the 40's

CLOSE!

i ran weber 32 34 all the time i had the 16SV head.

i switched to 40s at the same time i switched to a b+ head as i couldnt get the car to idle on a weber 32 34 for love nor money as it wasnt providing enough fuel air mixture i dont think. and the ports on b+ head are so huge and valve throats too.

well. my new engine will be returned this wednesday :D YUM so itll be a 1650, and BOY thatll go, this 16SV needs a rebuild nothing too major, then im selling it on as a complete GTE set, got inlet and all that cr@p so itll be complete conversion for somebody and basically a brand new engine by time ive rebuilt it