PDA

View Full Version : rear window removing

Bubba
23-06-11, 08:30 PM
how the hell do you get it out? i was trying to pull the rubber out and ive kinda got it moving a little bit bit that means prizing it a little all the way around.

i dont want to smash it :roll:

Steve0011
23-06-11, 08:32 PM
you sort of unhook it from the inside while gently pushing the glass, not easy to explain :(

Yorkie
23-06-11, 08:45 PM
Is this the same for a front windscreen? Tried getting one at the scrap yard but as soon as sam tried it cracked.

torquey
23-06-11, 08:53 PM
get one corner of the seal up from the inside and push around the screen it will eventually pop out make sure your holding it though.

Bubba
23-06-11, 09:05 PM
you sort of unhook it from the inside while gently pushing the glass, not easy to explain :(

i think i know how you mean...i was hoping that WASNT the way lol

swedge
23-06-11, 10:16 PM
Go round the inside of the window with a flat head screwdriver pushing the rubber seal in once you get most of the way round the window pushes out alot easier

Jack
23-06-11, 10:27 PM
Is this the same for a front windscreen? Tried getting one at the scrap yard but as soon as sam tried it cracked.
Front ones always seem very brittle, they crack really easily.

Steve0011
23-06-11, 11:20 PM
its one of those jobs that unless you have done it??? it like asking someone to explain how to peel an orange lol

anyways the rear sides are the same have a practice one one of those first, smaller and easier to handle. :thumb:

MK999
23-06-11, 11:29 PM
Go from one of the corners, push both sides of that corner through the frame until it clips over (the glass does bend a surprising/scary amount) from here you can push the rubber out slowly further and further along until it's free. Also a good idea to have someone on the outside to catch it. Whatever you do don't use a screwdriver! Puts all the pressure on one point and then it will smash.

Someone screwdrivered one the other day when I was getting it out spot on, soon as he saw it coming out the frame, smash :( Not my car, but still, annoying because I nearly had a spot on pair lol

As for windscreens they're held in a lot more securely and don't seem to bend anywhere near as much, most likely due to the laminate. Tried it once and smashed it within about 15 seconds lol

swedge
24-06-11, 03:42 AM
When I said use a screwdriver I didn't mean on the glass I meant use it to tuck the rubber under so the window comes out lol

MK999
24-06-11, 11:57 AM
When I said use a screwdriver I didn't mean on the glass I meant use it to tuck the rubber under so the window comes out lol

Different method entirely to mine, I didn't even read your post, wasn't correcting your method. Never tried it that way myself but might make it more of a one man job actually

swedge
24-06-11, 01:55 PM
yeah its quite easy once you get at least half way round the window it pushes out easily and dosnt flex the glass very much

bazil
24-06-11, 02:13 PM
There is a guide in articles by brucer lollollol

GRUNT 16V
24-06-11, 03:08 PM
http://climatex.org/media/images-image-image/Brick.jpg
If all else fails use one of these ^^^^^^^^ works every time! lol