PDA

View Full Version : Shocking

swedge
23-06-11, 01:29 AM
Well last week at work I got large electric shock from one of our sensors, I came in tonight expecting it to be fixed lol

This is what I came into lol, a bit of a bodge if you ask me lol

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/swedge87/a0c95403.jpg

Rep for anyone what figures out what I do for a job

ryansnova
23-06-11, 01:31 AM
make purple wire ?lol

brainsnova
23-06-11, 02:05 AM
Melt plastic into different things :d

swedge
23-06-11, 02:19 AM
I do melt plastic sorta stuff and its now wire close though

mrT
23-06-11, 02:21 AM
well if it is something thats electrical that is dodgy and thats their way in dealing with it, your boss and the company h+s guy need to be shown the door, you do know that anyone can sign any faulty equipment out of use if it is dodgy, its an accident waiting to happen,no excuses really

ryansnova
23-06-11, 03:15 AM
your a Plastic extrusion ;)

swedge
23-06-11, 05:29 AM
I make tubes pipe and ducting for fibre optic cable and electricity cable, I also make the stuff that goes into the navies submarines

db_1.2
23-06-11, 07:24 AM
I make tubes pipe and ducting for fibre optic cable and electricity cable, I also make the stuff that goes into the navies submarines

Seamen?!

Jack
23-06-11, 11:40 AM
well if it is something thats electrical that is dodgy and thats their way in dealing with it, your boss and the company h+s guy need to be shown the door, you do know that anyone can sign any faulty equipment out of use if it is dodgy, its an accident waiting to happen,no excuses really
I'm not sure I'd trust a health and safety guy who can't spell "alarm" lol

swedge
23-06-11, 02:15 PM
Haha I just noticed that too lol

Nova_Tek
23-06-11, 02:21 PM
That's proper dodgy that. Where there's blame there's a claim etc...

ripley
23-06-11, 02:22 PM

blowlite ducting for fibre?

ryansnova
23-06-11, 02:33 PM
so was i right ?;)

swedge
23-06-11, 03:05 PM
blowlite ducting for fibre?

not sure what blowlite is but it sounds the same as the stuff i make, fibre gets blown into the tubes once installed in the ground

wel also make stuff with fibre pre installed, i test all the fibre thats pre-installed before it leaves the factory

we are bt's main supplier for ducting and bundled fibre :)

swedge
23-06-11, 03:06 PM
so was i right ?;)
you quoted my profile lol

ryansnova
23-06-11, 03:09 PM
you quoted my profile lol

no i didnt :roll: :p

swedge
23-06-11, 03:17 PM
your a Plastic extrusion ;)

from my profile

Plastic extrusion

ryansnova
23-06-11, 03:54 PM
from my profile

:p lol so i dont get that rep then :(

swedge
23-06-11, 04:19 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ryansnova again.

lollol

ryansnova
23-06-11, 04:21 PM
lollol

fooking hell lol lol

i gave you rep

mowgli
23-06-11, 04:22 PM
so you basically stick it in soft & it comes out hard???

ryansnova
23-06-11, 04:25 PM
flol!

swedge
23-06-11, 04:27 PM
unlucky pal haha

swedge
23-06-11, 04:28 PM
so you basically stick it in soft & it comes out hard???

not comes in small pellets, we use about 18ton of it on a 12 hour nightshift :)

mowgli
23-06-11, 04:30 PM
and what, pray tell, happens to the pellets???

swedge
23-06-11, 04:33 PM
and what, pray tell, happens to the pellets???

are you drunk mowgli? or your kids hacked your account?

mowgli
23-06-11, 04:38 PM
are you drunk mowgli? or your kids hacked your account?
neither..... but i would like to know how the pellets end up as a covering, i assume they are fed into a hopper, then on a continual flow, heated up till liquid & forced thru a former with the cable.....

am i anywhere near correct?? as people don't usually let me near extrusion machines....

Jack
23-06-11, 04:41 PM
we are bt's main supplier for ducting and bundled fibre :)
Oh so its YOU who BT keep blaming when they screw up installation work at Yeovilton then lol

mowgli
23-06-11, 04:46 PM
Oh so its YOU who BT keep blaming when they screw up installation work at Yeovilton then lol

hasn't anyone told them its not distortion, just funny accents??

swedge
23-06-11, 04:51 PM
neither..... but i would like to know how the pellets end up as a covering, i assume they are fed into a hopper, then on a continual flow, heated up till liquid & forced thru a former with the cable.....

am i anywhere near correct?? as people don't usually let me near extrusion machines....

ok i shall explain

the pellets are taking from huge silos outside then sucked into a hopper above the machine, they go down the hopper into a rotating screw which is inside a barrel heated to around 280 degrees

the screw has grooves in it which pushed the pellets through the screw melting them as they go, the come out the other end in a gead which holds a tip and a die which we can change the size of to make different sizes of tube/duct

it is then pulled through a long tank of water by a set of belts which a vaccum tank at the start which we can adjust to make adjustments to the size

we make tubes from as small as 3mm/2.1mm all the way up to 80mm in high density plastic or lower density

the lower density smaller tubes are for blowing fiber into and usualy get bundled together in groups of 2 all the way up to 24 then get another coating round them to hold them all together

http://www.emtelle.com/ this is who i work for

swedge
23-06-11, 04:52 PM
http://www.emtelle.com/extra/bundlesgeneralb_fullwidth.jpg

like this

mowgli
23-06-11, 04:57 PM
ok i shall explain

the pellets are taking from huge silos outside then sucked into a hopper above the machine, they go down the hopper into a rotating screw which is inside a barrel heated to around 280 degrees

the screw has grooves in it which pushed the pellets through the screw melting them as they go, the come out the other end in a gead which holds a tip and a die which we can change the size of to make different sizes of tube/duct

it is then pulled through a long tank of water by a set of belts which a vaccum tank at the start which we can adjust to make adjustments to the size

we make tubes from as small as 3mm/2.1mm all the way up to 80mm in high density plastic or lower density

the lower density smaller tubes are for blowing fiber into and usualy get bundled together in groups of 2 all the way up to 24 then get another coating round them to hold them all together

http://www.emtelle.com/ this is who i work for

long way round to say it goes in soft & comes out hard really.......lol

swedge
23-06-11, 05:01 PM
long way round to say it goes in soft & comes out hard really.......lol

goes in hard and comes out hard actualy