PDA

View Full Version : 2 litre drive shafts

YellowTurbo
28-06-03, 07:43 PM
I have finished putting my 20xe engine in my nova i jsut need to get my drive shafts sorted.....i was going to use 1600 mk11 cav inner cv joints but i cant seem to get them anywhere........any other ideas on what i can do ASAP to get my driveshafts sorted i dont really want to spend ???'s

fleming
28-06-03, 07:52 PM
Theres a chap selling some second hand in the 'parts for sale' section, have a look in there, c what he says. Hope that helps.

dathers
28-06-03, 11:57 PM
Any motor factors can get them for you,i got some for a mate,they were a tad less than ?30 each and fit straight onto nova gte shafts.
Make sure you tell them its a mk2 1.6 cav WITH THE BIG BLOCK ENGINE,they were only made for two or so years.
Vauxhall do them aswell for ?35ish exchange if you know someone in tradeclub,like me. Just give em your old nova gte ones,they never check,just wrap them up in a box.
Dave

YellowTurbo
29-06-03, 10:10 AM
anyone know the correct engine code for big block engine mk2 cav?

YellowTurbo
29-06-03, 10:20 AM
AVSS86 C.V. Joint - Inner ?34.89

Autovaux.co.uk do some will they fit?

dathers
29-06-03, 10:33 PM
Ring autovaux and explain to them that you are putting a 2 ltr in a nova and plan to use nova gte shafts with mk2 cav 1.6 big block inner cv's,Im sure they will know which inner cv's you need,i cant see it being the first time they will have supplied them for this job.
Let us know the part number if you find out,
I THINK,but by no means sure,the big block 1.6 is either a 16SH or 16DA
Dave