PDA

View Full Version : C20xe Oil filter sandwich plate confusion

Mucker_TD
20-06-11, 07:42 PM
Just looking to understand the best way to go with this.

Im part way through trying to sort all the oil leaks out on my c20xe nova. Sump gasket sorted, ive been told about an oil filter adapter from the c20ne engine to fit my motor? Is this possible?

Where the pipes screw onto my existing oil filter sandwich plate, its leaking oil and want to sort it once and for all. can anybody show me where i can buy this sandwich plate from the 8v engine if this is indeed what i need?

Cheers, matt

nova_saloon
20-06-11, 07:45 PM
its not a sandwhich plate its literally a the same bolt that goes in but without the extra gap for the sanwhich plate so its alot smaller, can get it at vauxhall still for about £5 just use a big allen key to get the old one and and then just thread the new one in and screw the oil filter on

Mucker_TD
20-06-11, 07:48 PM
its not a sandwhich plate its literally a the same bolt that goes in but without the extra gap for the sanwhich plate so its alot smaller, can get it at vauxhall still for about £5 just use a big allen key to get the old one and and then just thread the new one in and screw the oil filter on

Thanks for clearing that up, i dont suppose anybody has the part number i need to order it from vauxhall?

Just to confirm, the sandwich plate is removed and the thread is left for the oil filter to be screwed onto? i dont suppose anybody has photos to show this, i just cant get my head around this?! sorry

Lee
20-06-11, 07:50 PM
No, the bit you need IS the thread for the oil filter :) The sandwich plate is held on with the current one, but it is too long to go back in without the sandwich plate, so you need the shorter NE one :)

Mucker_TD
20-06-11, 07:57 PM
No, the bit you need IS the thread for the oil filter :) The sandwich plate is held on with the current one, but it is too long to go back in without the sandwich plate, so you need the shorter NE one :)

So i basically need to take off the current threaded bar and the sandwich plate, then replace it with a shorter threaded bar from the c20ne engine? does that make any sense?

Adam
20-06-11, 08:03 PM
Yup, and then screw the filter directly onto the new threaded piece.

nova_saloon
20-06-11, 08:04 PM
What you will have it this one and when you take it off the bolt will look like that with the gap for the oil plate.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/oil_cooler_stat.jpg

Go to Vauxhall and just say a cavalier 8v any will do and just say the bolt that holds the oil filter on the oil pump and they should know, but it should just look like this when done, you can see its a lot shorter and doesn't have the gap.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/4472001789_37e459b036.jpg

Mucker_TD
20-06-11, 08:11 PM
^^^^ top banana, much appreciated!

the other leak im currently trying to fix is the oil pump gasket, do i go for the genuine gasket and thats it or do i use sealer aswell? i dont want to put it back together only find it leaking again!!

nova_saloon
20-06-11, 09:40 PM
the oil pump gasket is a bitch if its in the car! and can put sealer on it, just a fine amount however! and just order a gasket set from auto vaux, it iwll be decent enough!

Mucker_TD
21-06-11, 08:25 PM
I can't get to grips with the autovaux website, when I'm on there I go into the c20xe section, and click on the oil pump + housing section, and when I open that page it says there's nothing available?

Am I being a re**rd?

Benn
21-06-11, 08:26 PM
Just get the gasket and threaded bit from Vauxhall. Will be under 20quid.

nova_saloon
21-06-11, 11:47 PM
Auto-vaux's website is absolutly ****e, but call them and they have every part under the sun and are immensely helpful and real good priced! Definatly call them!

Mucker_TD
28-06-11, 03:04 PM
Ordered the threaded piece from vauxhall but do i screw the new thread onto the housing or do i put a nut in it then screw it in?

Benn
28-06-11, 03:11 PM
The threaded tube you screw direct in to the oil pump housing, then the filter screws on to it.

Mucker_TD
28-06-11, 03:23 PM
^^ All sorted, may thanks