PDA

View Full Version : hesitant

swedge
20-06-11, 06:49 PM
right so very small proplem with the car

when driving about town 15-20mph if i just touch the throttle a bit to keep at a low speed it sorta does nothing then all off a sudden it picks up speed

dosnt accelerat gently, only does it at low speeds and when touching the throttle gently

injectors have been cleaned and has new plugs leads etc and a brand new lambda i put on yesterday

windfreek
20-06-11, 06:54 PM
....dosnt accelerat gently, only does it at low speeds and when touching the throttle gently

the cable's not sticking is it?

swedge
20-06-11, 07:24 PM
it might actualy be that as it did idle at 1000-1500 today for a bit, ill take it off and let some oil run down it

swedge
20-06-11, 08:20 PM
just checked the cable and it moves freely, ive put some oil down it and will leave it hanging tonight

windfreek
20-06-11, 08:53 PM
try also the return spring on the throttle, is that moving ok/not sticking?

MK999
20-06-11, 09:12 PM
if it's a multipoint 1.4/1.6 it will be the throttle mechanism itself, it has a sort of C shape bit to it and where the throttle smacks the top corner of the "C" it wears a groove, grease it up and it will be fine :thumb: Can even run a bit of wet and dry round it if it's particularly bad

swedge
21-06-11, 04:23 PM
greased the cable up and its still the same

i had a look at the throttle mechanism and when i pull the cable the mechanism moves slightly but dosnt move the second part that opens the flap in the inlet

there dosnt seem anything that i can tighten, maybe its just worn?

swedge
21-06-11, 04:23 PM
its a c14se btw

swedge
21-06-11, 06:51 PM
well figured out what it was, pulled number 1 plug off and no change in note or perfomance

plugs fine so is the lead as its sparking

look in my project thread for more in, link in my sig

swedge
24-06-11, 03:54 PM
just to let everyone know it was a dirty injector, i took them to work and put them through the altrasonic cleaner and runs perfect now :)

swedge
24-06-11, 07:34 PM
Bloody thing went on to 3 cylinders on the way to work :(

Where the Injector goes into the inlet if it wasn't a good seal with the o ring would that cause bad compression on that cylinder?

MK999
24-06-11, 07:36 PM
no but it would cause an air leak

swedge
25-06-11, 06:16 AM
Well drove it home from work and still only running on 3 :( I was getting small back fires on the way home so it's trying to work lol

Will do a compression test today and hopefully it's fine

Anything else I could check I've already swapped the plugs and leads around and it's still cylinder 1 I've also cleaned the injectors too