PDA

View Full Version : twin 40 fueling

tommy8252
20-06-11, 01:43 PM
Looking for the best way to setup fueling for my 1600 twin 40 conversion.

Currently running e16se engine with electronic mpi in tank pump.

I have an inline low pressure regulator. A few things I need to sort to run this is wiring for the pump with all the engine loom removed and wiring for the dizzy. I'm assuming that running a switched live to the fuel pump and to the coil would be all I needed to do?

I also have a carb tank. With this setup I could swap the tanks and run a mechanical fuel pump. A few problems with this are are the fuel lines in the same place on both tanks and are the fuel sender wires the same and in same place? Again the coil needs wiring and again I'm assuming a switched live to this would suffice.

And as far as I can work out neither setup would require the coil booster?

I have searched about but couldn't find a definitive answer any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers, tom.

MattBrown
21-06-11, 04:01 PM
This how "I" would do it. (I can do things in an odd waylol)

Nova 1.0 Carb tank (no return), with a Facet Redtop pump under the car, just below the tank.

Feeding from the Redtop pump into the bay, have a glass filter (sytec) feeding into a 3PSI pressure reg and a gauge.

Then into the carbs, obviously no return line needed for twin 40s.

Ignition you use a 1400SR setup, off the early mk2 1400's I do so believe.

I would wire the pump to a switch, and obviously the coil goes to a switched live feed.

Any q's give me a shout:thumb:

Adam
21-06-11, 04:06 PM
You will need a proper injection regulator to drop the output of a mpi pump down. A normal carb type pressure regulator wont be up to it.

Also, the e16se dizzy isn't a proper dizzy, in term of old skool distributors. It has no advance system. You need a 1400 setup like what Matt mentioned.

MattBrown
21-06-11, 05:18 PM
Don't use an mpi pump.

A facet pump is £70 just buy one!

tommy8252
21-06-11, 05:40 PM
Got a 1300 sr dizzy so that's no problem. And the regulator is one to drop the pressure from a high pressure pump to low pressure suitable for carbs. The wiring was more a case of I don't have a mini loom from a carbed nova so the switched lives would replace that.

MattBrown
21-06-11, 06:58 PM
1300 Sr dizzy won't fit the cam.

tommy8252
21-06-11, 07:05 PM
No but it will fit the ast2 cam I'm getting :)