PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

DUNOVA.
28-06-03, 03:32 PM
Can anyone help me?The sticker that runs along the bottom of the door and the rear pannel that matches the bumbers what are the best ways to remove it.Will it damage the paint work? :?:

epo
28-06-03, 04:00 PM
theres bin a few posts about this am gunna have ago soon usin thinners if it fucks up the paint ill just carry on takin it off and whip it in to me mate who does sprayin but every 1 on here recons just take ur time
i dont know if boilin waters ne gud

DUNOVA.
28-06-03, 04:05 PM
I was gonna try a hair dryer sounds silly i know but when all the sticky stuff is hot prob just peel off but i'll just wait for better ideas

epo
28-06-03, 04:26 PM
thats right mate sorry forgot 2 mention that either that or a hot air gun the 1s used 4 strippin paint and that

DUNOVA.
28-06-03, 04:35 PM
Give it a try 2moz good luck with your's mate :)

epo
28-06-03, 05:07 PM
aye thx u 2

Aragorn
28-06-03, 07:12 PM
as i replied to the other thread

use boiling water

youll need a fuck load of it but it should work

they use if for removing vynil signs from vans n shit and i used it to remove some go faster stripes when i baught the car

the vynal along the bottom will prolly be heavy going but it will come off

Snowface
29-06-03, 11:34 AM
why have you posted 2 of the same topics in the same forum with diff headings?

epo
29-06-03, 01:56 PM
i thought that 2 but didnt like 2 ask

DUNOVA.
29-06-03, 03:43 PM
It's a mission wish i never started now my fingers r f**kin killin me :cry:
I could'nt change the heading on this one so I posted another one :wink:

epo
29-06-03, 04:17 PM
so u mange 2 remove the vynal and bump strips then mate it look ok?

DUNOVA.
29-06-03, 05:25 PM
I removed a little bit of it I and used white spririts to get the tacky glue off look much better when i get the bumbers sprayed but yeh it looks much better

epo
29-06-03, 05:46 PM
me and me old mans doin mine on satday bump strips and vynal just hope it dont damage paint work like other wise she'll be in the body shop gettin sorted out

DUNOVA.
29-06-03, 07:49 PM
Ive just got hold of a paint stripper Ive try it on an old door ive got and it's fine so im goin to use it to do the rest it takes half the time it would normally take if you can get hold of one try it on an old door or panel.Trust me it's much easyer and quicker and does'nt leave as much of that tack glue on the paint work

DUNOVA.
30-06-03, 07:35 PM
The white spirits is'nt proven to be all that good gettin the gluey stuff of ive tryed boilin water has anyone got any better suggestion?the paint stripper gun is very good at getting the vinyl off but I don't trust myself usin it to get the glue off

slackjames
01-07-03, 09:28 AM
you can use petrol but it might damage your paint work i used white spirits
but it took days and i was covered im blisters where i rubbed it

dan_mk1
01-07-03, 12:14 PM
im gonna hav to do mine soon, as my gte kit is getting sprayed now! :?

i think i might hav to take a trip to the scrappy and get a scrap door to practice on, iv got a heat gun i use at work so im gonna try that.
for the 'go faster stripes' i used boiling water and a screwdriver but im guessing the vinyl is a lot thicker? :?
ill let u know how it goes

shauntruscott
01-07-03, 01:12 PM
I used a hairdryer to warm the glue, peeled the vinyl off and used a credit card and petrol on a rag to remove the glue. Took it off the bottim of the car and the window pillar in a day. Its a piece of p155