PDA

View Full Version : C16XE Oil Presure Switch. Help Please

Dayle_
19-06-11, 02:33 PM
Hi all, I'm just about ready to start my C16Xe Nova, Its running a DTA ECU. I'm just curious. I need to wire the oil pressure light switch in. Can someone tell me where this connects?

I know the switch is down near the oil pump but does anyone know the colour of wires etc and should this connector be part of the standard Nova Loom, or would it be part of the C16XE corsa loom???

That is all that's left to connect before i fire her up. Obviously i want to make sure the pressure is up to scratch so don't want to risk turning over without this.

Cheers

AlexW
19-06-11, 02:49 PM
It would indeed be on the nova loom, It would come down with the starter/alt.

I can't remember the colour off the top of my head, Blue/green Maybe but that might be the gauge part of the switch.

It should have a black push type connector on it.

Dayle_
19-06-11, 02:53 PM
I seem to have lost that part of the loom :-(

Lee H
19-06-11, 02:54 PM
It's blue/green or blue/yellow. Can never remember which way round they are. One is gauge and one is light.

Dayle_
19-06-11, 03:05 PM
There's a blue and yellow one which is a single plug. That connected to the sensor at the back of the block. I think this maybe temp sensor.

Can't find any blue/yellow ones though :-(

Lee H
19-06-11, 03:21 PM
Blue/yellow single plug should go to the oil pressure sensor as its the oil pressure light for the dash. Blue/green is for the gauge but is usually taped up somewhere on lower spec cars.

Dayle_
19-06-11, 03:30 PM
Cheers mate, Any chance anyone knows if there's a wiring diagram anywhere online, just for the alternator light etc. Cheers Dayle.

AlexW
19-06-11, 03:49 PM
The blue/white of the alt just goes straight to the dash, What else are you needing to know?

Dayle_
19-06-11, 03:55 PM
I have a quite a thick red and black one that's been lobbed off. Its got a funny three pin connector at the end. Part of this is also in the fuse box.

I hate wiring lol!!!! Especially when whoever had the car before decided to cut and shut all the wires.

I have found a connector that fits the plug which is really close the the oil pump. But this connector has blue and green wires and 1 plug connector. I can wire this straight to the clocks, is that correct? there's nothing on the end of it you see, its been cut from the car loom at some point.

Dayle_
19-06-11, 04:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Dayle/4040fe4c-43c3-4b52-8fad-b0f902316818.jpg

this is what i have found. it has

white and blue.

red and black

and just a black

at the end of the three is the big black connector but i don't know what this connects too or what the other wires goto,