PDA

View Full Version : saab powered nova!!!

saab nova
19-06-11, 12:11 PM
recently converted my nova to saab turbo as im bored of seeing c20let engines so fort id go down a different route of performance :d i know people say the engine is to heavy but thats nothing compared to the performancer these engines can produce, ive built it purly for the strip so will only be getting used for that so handling is not an issue for me... i will shortly be putting pics up when i get enuf posts on.

brownbear
19-06-11, 12:14 PM
Hey fella welcome to PNG, Look forward to seeing some pics, There is a SAAB V6 nova on here and a current build happening on another saab turbo! Seems to be a popular manufacturer engine choice for the Nova :)

Pancho
19-06-11, 12:19 PM
cant wait to see pics....

simonm
19-06-11, 12:24 PM
Your almost there now can't wait to see this one

ryansnova
19-06-11, 01:24 PM
get 15 non spam posts and get some pics up buddy :)

meritvalver
19-06-11, 01:37 PM
i wanted to do this to my other nova, how hard is it?

Mazz
19-06-11, 05:37 PM
interesting project, which engine did you use?

saab nova
20-06-11, 08:15 AM
the nova is offically on the road, got sum shafts for 100 pound bargain :thumb: not fully there tho got alsorts to put on, poly bushing, avo coilovers fully ajustable, carbon bonnett,big ass brakes and a few tweeks here n there to get it to a satisfactory level.the main thing is it runs and drives, its awsome. pics up very shortly :)

saab nova
20-06-11, 08:18 AM
and as far as converting id say its as easy as pie, took 5 week to do working on it here and tere. engine used is out of a 2000 reg saab 900 the red top engine as this is the easiest to tune and is strong which is what u want

NOV4_SPORT
20-06-11, 09:07 AM
Sounds good matey, iam looking forward to seeing the pics of this .

iain

ben doodar
20-06-11, 09:17 AM
A mate of mine has a Saab turbo in a mk3 astra. Plenty of mods done to it it's making just shy of 300bhp it goes like funk. I'd be very interested to see this, and see how much of the nova chassis is left etc. Hopefully we'll see pictures later today.

Danb1987
20-06-11, 09:17 AM
I seriously can't wait to see this! Me and a friend were on about it for a while but I thought there would be to much work involved lol

maddogdaz666
20-06-11, 09:58 AM
cool, and another member in yorkshire! Cant wait to see it,

RossRog
20-06-11, 10:42 AM
i would be really interested to see this too!

sounds good mate!

Connor
20-06-11, 10:49 AM
Top work matey, looking forward to seeing some pics :thumb:

mowgli
20-06-11, 10:59 AM
how did you fit it?? what did you do to the rh chassis leg?

General Baxter
20-06-11, 11:16 AM
how did you fit it?? what did you do to the rh chassis leg?

this is why im waiting for photos, he must of cut the bulk head out aswell to fit the inlet lol

Pancho
20-06-11, 11:27 AM
/\ use the right inlet and the thing is as narrow as an xe....

ste porter
20-06-11, 01:25 PM
just curious why have you opted for a year 2000 lump

Jack
20-06-11, 03:42 PM
Do they use the naff DI cassette?

Would be interesting to see pics to see how its been fitted. Saab engines FTW lol

Vroom
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/36949_440388883884_667958884_6112730_3947698_n.jpg

saab nova
20-06-11, 06:36 PM
rite then guna get sum pics together with my camera in next day or 2 to show you all how the lump sits snugley inside my engine bay, really clean conversion went better than we planned too put it that way :d how do u upload pics onto this tread then guys, cheers???

saab nova
20-06-11, 06:41 PM
we did have a pipe pop off today off cooling system but hey its guna happen when this has not been done before, teething problams id say lol should be running properly by the weekend, had the laptop on it last night data monitoring the engine readings etc only running 0.3bar of boost at minute dont wana go to mad with it straight away. and i used that engine cos we can get around the imobiliser in the ecu with are software, mint!!!!

Mazz
20-06-11, 07:09 PM
how do u upload pics onto this tread then guys, cheers???

Theres a guide here : http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121587

Or goto : http://imageshack.us

Select picture and click upload

Copy and paste the 'forum code' into here

Job jobbed :)

ben doodar
20-06-11, 07:48 PM
I often put the pictures onto Facebook (if you use it) then copy and paste onto here

claire6069
20-06-11, 10:24 PM
we did have a pipe pop off today off cooling system but hey its guna happen when this has not been done before, teething problams id say lol should be running properly by the weekend, had the laptop on it last night data monitoring the engine readings etc only running 0.3bar of boost at minute dont wana go to mad with it straight away. and i used that engine cos we can get around the imobiliser in the ecu with are software, mint!!!!

i presume the software is t5 suite?? could do with a link to the download for ours when we're ready if you dont mind sharing it please :)

get the pics up!! am eager to see how much chopping we got to do!!

saab nova
21-06-11, 07:17 PM
a few pics of the BEAST! im not putting to many on yet.. need a better camera and some video footage, but have a look and tell me what you think..

sorry to disappoint some of you.. im not putting pics of the important bits yet ether..

saab nova
21-06-11, 07:18 PM
....................http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/?action=view&current=060511-2031.jpg

Angus Closier
21-06-11, 07:22 PM
Am I the only one who can only see one picture ? Thread fails without lots of pictures lol.

Edit: I fail, I take it back

saab nova
21-06-11, 07:23 PM
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/080511-1339.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/090511-0756001.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/120511-2146.jpg

ryansnova
21-06-11, 07:23 PM
so how much did you chop out the chassie leg ?;)

saab nova
21-06-11, 07:24 PM
6 pics loaded up.. more to come

saab nova
21-06-11, 07:33 PM
id love to put up loads of pics that show you exactly what we have had to do but the amount of work that has gone into this is un-real.. getting the engine in the engine bay is only the first hurdle and was not the most complicated tasks.

saab nova
21-06-11, 07:37 PM
poor sound.. first start!!!!

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/?action=view&current=180611-1747.mp4

Mazz
21-06-11, 08:07 PM
ruddy awesome! well done :)

simonm
21-06-11, 08:21 PM
That is cool fits in nicely there how does the bonet fit

comptoncj
21-06-11, 08:22 PM
I'm impressed top work!

Count Vaux Alot
21-06-11, 08:38 PM
Looks good some more pics would be good too.

Plug
21-06-11, 11:26 PM
yes any pics of what you have done? without engine in

mowgli
21-06-11, 11:33 PM
was the box pushed to the left then?

saab nova
22-06-11, 07:48 AM
more pics will be uploaded on soon when i get the carbon bonnett on and all the suspension on and set up properly, still gota get an exhaust fitted been quoted around 400 for a custom stainless from turbo to backbox :cry: loads of moneys be woth it tho. bonnett had to modified as the engine sits high so the rocker cover sits proud of the slam panel. so not 100% tere yet, time is of the essence :thumb:

saab nova
22-06-11, 07:51 AM
n no the gearbox sits exactly the same as it would when converting to a redtop or c20let, just need the spacer for the rear mount

mowgli
22-06-11, 08:12 AM
we are fascinated in how you mounted it on the rhs, as the considered wisdom is that the rh chassis leg needs major surgery

Damo
22-06-11, 01:26 PM
Yea really intrested to know how you did the rh chassis leg too looks well in there too and sounds good.

saab nova
22-06-11, 10:35 PM
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/220611-1955.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/220611-1955001.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/220611-1957.jpg

Balley
22-06-11, 10:40 PM
That's lush. Brings the Name 'red top' to a hole new level!

ste porter
22-06-11, 10:43 PM
please tell me the 2 m8 bolts going into your head arnt your engine mount!

saab nova
22-06-11, 10:56 PM
no the engine isnt held in by 2 m8s!! this is work in progress and by no means a finished product, the engine has been in and out more times than id like to count and i can asure you it will be back out again soon! as far as i know this hasnt been done before so its gona take time before the full potential of the conversion can be seen...
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

david dixon
22-06-11, 11:31 PM
it looks like 4 bolts, 2 at each side! is that a saab subframe/engine rubber on the drivers side inner wing? not a bad idea to start with, at least its holding on at either side of the engine...

Very interesting build, i was wondering how long it would take!

David.

ste porter
22-06-11, 11:43 PM
i was just concerened mate that was all because of the the forces and directions of the forces acting on the bolts can and proberly will bend that 5 mm mild and or tear the weak cast aluminium threads out of the head that was all mate

just abit of an outsiders view that was all not trying to pick fault just sharing thoughts thats all

Paul
23-06-11, 12:15 AM
Very impressive although why put the Low pressure inlet on, why not the better inlet?

Pancho
23-06-11, 01:46 PM
nice. could you not fit the cast alloy mount off a 2000ish 9-3? that bolts where you have put yours?

saab nova
23-06-11, 04:04 PM
i can esure you the engine is secured in tere and will not be going anywere, the mount we have made is solid, its been stabalized to to restrict the movement. and lets face it its in tere nobody has done it, and it drives thats good enough for me. its something ive always wanted to do so jus gabbed the old man sack and gone for it on a low budget too which is a bonus for me :thumb:

ryansnova
23-06-11, 04:05 PM
you got eny pics of the r/h chassie leg ?;)

saab nova
23-06-11, 04:18 PM
i have many, but they wont be up on here for abit, i dont wana give too much away just yet i like the idea that im the only person to have done it if you know what i mean. sorry :p

mowgli
23-06-11, 04:21 PM
they only remember neil armstrong & buzz aldrin... they don't remember pete conrad & alan bean..... (they went on apollo 12)

saab nova
23-06-11, 04:39 PM
this car will be remembered by the time ive finished with it, vauxhall saabova lol

Jack
23-06-11, 04:44 PM
I would say Saab power has been done long before, but that was cheating as the V6 is the same as GM lol

mowgli
23-06-11, 04:47 PM
this car will be remembered by the time ive finished with it, vauxhall saabova lol

surely it should be saaball nova?

saab nova
23-06-11, 04:48 PM
exactly, i re searched and could not find anything with a saab turbo in a nova before i did it, so thought lets go for it and i achieved.... id say anybody who is mechically minded should be able to this too :)

saab nova
23-06-11, 04:53 PM
dont know it needs a name dunt it, il have to think it through. guna go do some more on it tonight, dedication is the key lol

General Baxter
23-06-11, 04:54 PM
i still want photos of the chassis leg :)

Edd
23-06-11, 04:55 PM
Looks good

But seriously why only one picture ? :confused:

If your the first person to do something surely you want to show others your achievement ?

saab nova
23-06-11, 05:01 PM
i have havnt i it shows you the engine in and running, that is proof of my acheivement. i am guna put it on eventually mate just not yet, il see ;)

Edd
23-06-11, 05:07 PM
Well not really, I'm not knocking you btw

As said the r/h chassis leg is the area of interest to people, would be nice to see how it been done thats all, :) I'm sure others feel the same way :thumb:

RossRog
23-06-11, 05:08 PM
I'm sure others feel the same way :thumb:

Yup :d

saab nova
23-06-11, 05:15 PM
i can understand you all wana see what ive done to the chassis leg, i am guna keep adding pics up little bit at a time n who knows tere could be ones in tere of it pal ;)

claire6069
23-06-11, 05:22 PM
i can esure you the engine is secured in tere and will not be going anywere, the mount we have made is solid, its been stabalized to to restrict the movement. and lets face it its in tere nobody has done it, and it drives thats good enough for me. its something ive always wanted to do so jus gabbed the old man sack and gone for it on a low budget too which is a bonus for me :thumb:

what if the engine mount snapped whilst your driving down the road because its not as secure as you think and you happen to kill someone??

you may use the girls not knowing stuff thing here but that engine mount doesn't look particularly strong to me nor temporary as you've taken the trouble to shape it round the bends in the block.......

Danny s-p
23-06-11, 05:38 PM
id so piss my self if another climes out the wood work with this engine in it. because lets face it we all thort steve was going to be one the first to have 4X4 completed and 1 came from absolutely no were done ( not have a dig or out there mined steve). we thort crhis ashelly was going to be the first vxr nova 2 sprung up and he caned the idea and ones nearly done now. all well and good saying mine the first mine the first but that the problem with the tinter web not every one uses it. there may be one out there some were and bet on holand or Germany have mad 4x4 one done. so pleases for ffs take the chip off your solder and just say i hope am the first and stop been gay about it. and if you put the pic up do you really think some one will see it in one night and pull up at your drive going neeeeer look mine done first no i don't think so. it the same as i hope am going to be the first to put X18xe1 in a nova but am probably not so that y say hope not i am

ste porter
23-06-11, 05:44 PM
id so piss my self if another climes out the wood work with this engine in it. because lets face it we all thort steve was going to be one the first to have 4X4 completed and 1 came from absolutely no were done ( not have a dig or out there mined steve). we thort crhis ashelly was going to be the first vxr nova 2 sprung up and he caned the idea and ones nearly done now. all well and good saying mine the first mine the first but that the problem with the tinter web not every one uses it. there may be one out there some were and bet on holand or Germany have mad 4x4 one done. so pleases for ffs take the chip off your solder and just say i hope am the first and stop been gay about it. and if you put the pic up do you really think some one will see it in one night and pull up at your drive going neeeeer look mine done first no i don't think so. it the same as i hope am going to be the first to put X18xe1 in a nova but am probably not so that y say hope not i am

do you know how hard i have been trying to stop myself from saying exactly the same thing lol

ste porter
23-06-11, 05:49 PM
just a question but do you fully understand the forces the directions of the forces ect acting on a mount?

and can i please have a straight yes or no anwser as to if that strip of 5mmx60mm mild steel atached to a length of box bolted into the ally head is your mount please

also has the rubber been bolted straight through the 1.2mm splash guard inner wing without reinforcement?

saab nova
23-06-11, 05:51 PM
aww thats good for u pal, u keep at it ye, u mite get somewere :thumb: . new it wunt long for someone like u to come along.... n kill someone whats up wi u man, ya dont say stuff like that mate. look im not showing off bowt it all but if you ant got owt good to say lads then dont bother lol lol lol lol

Gaz1300SR
23-06-11, 05:56 PM
also has the rubber been bolted straight through the 1.2mm splash guard inner wing without reinforcement?

As long as he has used washers both sides it should be fine! lol

josh-sri
23-06-11, 05:58 PM
hardly helping yourself mate, just sounds like youve bodged it in best you can and ashamed to show it:thumb:

ste porter
23-06-11, 06:00 PM
im sorry if you feel i have offended but i am concerened thats all.
I could be wrong and the forums arnt the best place to get a sense of tone from but you do come across very arogant about it all, especialy when you consider that you dont know the experience and knowledge levels of those that have shown an interest

i think that it would be well worth your while to acept abit of criticism some times instead of getting all defensive as that will get you no where on this forum. Constructive criticism taken on board from a 3rd person perspective on the other hand could well save you time and money hence why i have welcomed it with my builds.

Can i have a yes or no anwser please as you have avoided the question again?

Danny s-p
do you know how hard i have been trying to stop myself from saying exactly the same thing lolam just saying what on most peeps mined y not show the leg as his probably so far complete it about ready for the road so it not like eny one over night going to come steal his crown :eek:

twistysnovagte
i think what it is,is that many of these replys your getting are from people who have been building cars on there drive's and fronts for many year's/probaly have yourself but more experiance is priceless.
i also think the replys about the chassis leg are more of a saftey concern rather than "lets see it so i can copy it"!
i understand also that you "could" be the first to transplant that engine to said car,if its in projects then put the pics up ffs let people see what your building you will get more respect from it(look how the thread to started to how it getting lol
good luck anyhows :)

saab nova
all that side has been reinforced, including the inner wing, you could do what u want to that mount and it wunt go nowere. the car will rip to bits before that does.

Danny s-p
23-06-11, 06:01 PM
hardly helping yourself mate, just sounds like youve bodged it in best you can and ashamed to show it:thumb:your so getting some rep for that

Dervy
23-06-11, 06:02 PM
As long as he has used washers both sides it should be fine! lol

i hope this is a joke because do you know how much torque those engine`s make.

ste porter
23-06-11, 06:05 PM
all that side has been reinforced, including the inner wing, you could do what u want to that mount and it wunt go nowere. the car will rip to bits before that does.

The engine to my eyes is on a fulcrum in that pic corse its going to move!
you have basicly hung it on a pivot by putting a single mount in the center line of the engine. It will swing like a ball on a chain if the fastening points survive long enough!

saab nova
23-06-11, 06:06 PM
look i wouldnt build a car that isnt safe end of day im the one driving it lads, ive had a nova before so know how weak they are. it hasnt been bodged in i took my time to make sure it wo safe to take the weight and forces that the engine is going to give.

ste porter
23-06-11, 06:08 PM
mount question? will i get an anwser?
if not just say you dont want to anwser me and i will not post on the thread again

mowgli
23-06-11, 06:10 PM
he's not saying, so thats that... its a vertical mount on the inner arch by the looks.

ste porter
23-06-11, 06:10 PM
oh and if you should so feel that i dont know what im talking about when it comes to fabrication and the way in which forces act on steel please take a few moments to view the link

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140924

Spudly
23-06-11, 06:15 PM
A few moments Ste, youre having a laugh, he will need about a week to read that thread lol

Your nova looks good mr Saab boy, but seriously the people asking you the questions here (especially Ste) really do know what theyre talking about when it comes to fabrication and strengthening, so you would do well to listen and maybe take some advice from them:thumb:

ste porter
23-06-11, 06:24 PM
A few moments Ste, youre having a laugh, he will need about a week to read that thread lol

Your nova looks good mr Saab boy, but seriously the people asking you the questions here (especially Ste) really do know what theyre talking about when it comes to fabrication and strengthening, so you would do well to listen and maybe take some advice from them:thumb:

that is exactly the point i was trying to make :thumb:
im not trying to shoot him down im trying to offer some seasoned advise that may be the difference between something that works and something thats safe and lasts.
at the end of the day my advise on here is free but as spud knows my services are exspensive and my time is sought after by many in motorsport

One other thing to remember is manors cost nothing but not having any will get you nowhere

david dixon
23-06-11, 06:31 PM
heres a couple that shows a bit more ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/nova-turbo/General%20pics/20turbosaabnova1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/nova-turbo/General%20pics/20turbosaabnova.jpg

saab nova
23-06-11, 06:32 PM
hey ye he does look like he knows what he,s doing the nova looks well built, the mount question ye its acting like a cradle hugging round the engine,this is how the engine is mounted in the saab were i got the idea from to do it like that but is not a finished product. i am willing to take advise but not smart comments. what would you suggest to perfect the mount then??

Gaz1300SR
23-06-11, 06:33 PM
i hope this is a joke because do you know how much torque those engine`s make.

Err.... yes it's a joke! I know from first hand experience what these engines are like. :wtf:

ste porter
23-06-11, 06:45 PM
hey ye he does look like he knows what he,s doing the nova looks well built, the mount question ye its acting like a cradle hugging round the engine,this is how the engine is mounted in the saab were i got the idea from to do it like that but is not a finished product. i am willing to take advise but not smart comments. what would you suggest to perfect the mount then??

Thank you for a straight anwser and an adult reply it goes a long way in my book.

With regards to the mount it is very dificult for me to put to many surgestions forward without first beeing able to fully see what you have to work with.
One thing i will say though is that if you feel that the cradle type design is the only way in which you can forsee the mount beeing possible, then a good start to limit torsional twist would be to actualy use 2 rubber mounts on the inner wing. One at either end will limit torsional twist but will put more stress on the bolts in the head. I would also plate the inner wing from underneath as a load spreader and add vertical triangulation under the spreader plates back down to the chassis leg. The strip steel that goes to the head wants triangulating where its bent to stop flex.

The main concern though for me as raised earlier is that 4 m8 bolts into an alloy head will not cope and enevatably will tear the threads out the head.
Again i dont know what you have to work with but i would try your hardest to find more mounting points to pick up from, preferably from the block and triangulate that back up to the the mount reinforcing as you go.

A stabaliser dampener (drift style) to the block from the cross member wouldnt go amiss either

i hope this helps

ben doodar
23-06-11, 07:12 PM
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/a4ron85/090511-0756001.jpg

Looks like to me, just under the turbo and to the front crossmember there's an engine mount of some sort aswell.

I for 1 mate think you've done very well with it. Certainly 1 of the first to put this engine in a nova, but try not to get to hyped up over being the first to do it.

Reading through ste's project thread he clearly knows what he's doing so taking some advise from him or listening to what he has to say may help you along. Don't be to proud and take constructive criticism as negativity.

Were all enthusiasts here mate and the only reason people are asking many questions is because were interested to see how you have gone about it as we've not seen this conversion before.

I've been on this forum for a good while now and there all a good bunch of lads, only trying to help you along. Not beat you down by saying this is wrong that's wrong etc.

Nice project mate.

simonm
23-06-11, 07:12 PM
not wanting to get involved in this but have to agree with ste but some better pics of work done may help a lot with how its mounted because if you put to much time in to it and end up with your engine on the floor youll loose interest and will end up a waste of what could be a really cool car so from personal expierence id take any advise you can get will help along the way so when its finished its finished nothing as bad as having to keep going back over work i no its a work in progress but might save you a lot of work these guys on here really do no there shizzle keep up the good work

Paul
23-06-11, 07:55 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123789&page=6&highlight=Astra+redtop+twist

Heres our engine mount in the astra.

We picked up from the front m8's with another mount just to try and stabilise it too.

ste porter
23-06-11, 08:35 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123789&page=6&highlight=Astra+redtop+twist

Heres our engine mount in the astra.

We picked up from the front m8's with another mount just to try and stabilise it too.

the astra should be fine as it has a rear link thats a seperate mount to the front i.e it has a body mounting per engine mounting so that should work well

my point with the nova is he has 1 centralised body mount to 2 engine mounting points and hence the mount acting in a sea saw fasion and not good

ste porter
23-06-11, 09:01 PM
exscuse my in ability to use paint but i thought if i made a simple diagram people some times understand what you mean alot easier when they see it rather than read it so here goes,but like i say im sorry but my microsoft paint skills are crap to say the least

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/porter/untitlededfyh.jpg

ben doodar
23-06-11, 09:06 PM
Lmao don't tell me you've deleted the picture I quoted so people can't see the mount?

Very sad IMO.

ste porter
23-06-11, 09:11 PM
Lmao don't tell me you've deleted the picture I quoted so people can't see the mount?

Very sad IMO.

i have a funny feeling what you was refering to was the water pump any way mate as they run of the auxilary belt on these

ben doodar
23-06-11, 09:17 PM
the astra should be fine as it has a rear link thats a seperate mount to the front i.e it has a body mounting per engine mounting so that should work well

my point with the nova is he has 1 centralised body mount to 2 engine mounting points and hence the mount acting in a sea saw fasion and not good

There is a mount on the cross member what goes to the block just under where the turbo is but he's deleted the pic now. Also the mount you've drawn is better than the 1 in the centre.

ste porter
23-06-11, 09:21 PM
Also the mount you've drawn is better than the 1 in the centre.

how do you mean? the top one in my pic was ment to rep his mount on the chassis leg and the bottom one i drew was surgesting how i feel he could improve what he has

i think i remember him saying somewhere earlier on that he has a stabeliser rather than a mount at the bottom some where

i wounder why he has deleted pics?

Balley
23-06-11, 09:40 PM
im sorry if you feel i have offended but i am concerened thats all.

i think that it would be well worth your while to acept abit of criticism some times instead of getting all defensive as that will get you no where on this forum. Constructive criticism taken on board from a 3rd person perspective on the other hand could well save you time and money hence why i have welcomed it with my builds.

Very true that is why I asked a lot of people first for advice when I made mine! I Had a good idea any way but got some more advice and seem to have made a good and strong mount! Cheers all btw

ben doodar
23-06-11, 09:40 PM
how do you mean? the top one in my pic was ment to rep his mount on the chassis leg and the bottom one i drew was surgesting how i feel he could improve what he has

i think i remember him saying somewhere earlier on that he has a stabeliser rather than a mount at the bottom some where

i wounder why he has deleted pics?

There's a mount welded to the cross member. Then like a dog bone engine mount that bolts to the block. Like you say it's hard to explain.

So the mount in the inner wing is much more like a stabiliser. It would be better with the 2 mounts like you have drawn to stop any swaying side to side motion.

I think he's come up with a good solution. Shame he's removed the pic he obviously doesn't want people to see it.

My mates got a Saab turbo in a mk3 astra he's pretty clued up with it all, I might now make a Saab nova just to spite this guy. just joking lol

Paul
23-06-11, 09:42 PM
Yep the astra is solid on the rear one alone. Similar to the nova is on the front one. The front one is more of a stabiliser rather than a load supporting mount.

The two mounts weve used will stop it pivoting. Just like the pic youve drawn.

The astra is off the road and weve had a re-think and are going to use a stabiliser bar to the front X-member.

claire6069
23-06-11, 09:51 PM
look i wouldnt build a car that isnt safe end of day im the one driving it lads, ive had a nova before so know how weak they are. it hasnt been bodged in i took my time to make sure it wo safe to take the weight and forces that the engine is going to give.

say you're saying you researched into making safe and working out the weights and forces but you didnt research the fact that the engine would sit proud of the bonnet or which driveshafts to use???

saab nova
23-06-11, 11:47 PM
bored of reading ppl bitching... photos removed... off to finish the build...

for those of you who CAN and HAVE built something to race, when you see us at the strip you can look at anything you like and take as many pics at you like but i wont be posting anymore on this site..

MK999
23-06-11, 11:55 PM
same as i hope am going to be the first to put X18xe1 in a nova but am probably not so that y say hope not i am

There's at least 3-4 in existence and plenty more planned. Lee303 on migweb is the best known one probably.

david dixon
23-06-11, 11:56 PM
and this isn't the first b204 nova either!

ben doodar
24-06-11, 12:08 AM

Ha ha excellent!

saab nova
24-06-11, 12:11 AM

show me then

Plug
24-06-11, 12:22 AM
chips nova has that engine in it

16v Nova Kev
24-06-11, 12:31 AM
where's the fn pics went?

Danny s-p
24-06-11, 12:32 AM
and this isn't the first b204 nova either!lollollollollollollollollolthanks dave boy i for got about chips am so pissing my self right now and o balls am not going to be the first x18xe1 nova never mined it will still be good power plant to takle good job i didn't say i was going to be the first ;)

Danny s-p
24-06-11, 12:48 AM
i can esure you the engine is secured in tere and will not be going anywere, the mount we have made is solid, its been stabalized to to restrict the movement. and lets face it its in tere nobody has done it, and it drives thats good enough for me. its something ive always wanted to do so jus gabbed the old man sack and gone for it on a low budget too which is a bonus for me :thumb: wrong may not be in the front but it in a nova so your not the first to do that engine in a nova sorry here the proof :d

http://www.vauxhallsportforum.com/phpBB2/my-saab-powered-rwd-nova-t4877.html

wwmnw
24-06-11, 12:49 AM
Chip's B204 Nova (http://www.vauxhall-sport-forum.com/phpBB2/my-saab-powered-rwd-nova-t4877.html) true, it is powered by a Saab Turbo engine but, take a look for yourself.

Edit: **** you Daniel :mad: lol

Jack
24-06-11, 12:53 AM
To be fair, the guy has mounted it in the front - so not quite the same as Chip's build - and by his own admission there's still some work to do.

Can we cut him some slack please? Constructive criticism and reasoning is fine, but lets not jump on the guy for trying something different. Although it seems we've already hounded him off the site :roll: lol

Connor
24-06-11, 01:00 AM
Fairplay to you mate, i would of never attempted this build.
As for all the haters in here, its not a very nice way to introduce a new member is it, and i would like to see 75% of you attempt this.
meh

Danny s-p
24-06-11, 01:20 AM
Chip's B204 Nova (http://www.vauxhall-sport-forum.com/phpBB2/my-saab-powered-rwd-nova-t4877.html) true, it is powered by a Saab Turbo engine but, take a look for yourself.

Edit: **** you Daniel :mad: lol :d:d

Mieran
24-06-11, 01:22 AM
Can we cut him some slack please? Constructive criticism and reasoning is fine, but lets not jump on the guy for trying something different.

+1

Danny s-p
24-06-11, 01:39 AM
year all stop now just didnt like his cocky ness when some of the best peeps were asking for pic so they cud help him mount it safer. had my say hope all go well for you and you do a lot more of resource searching before you go running around with chip on your shoulder

Pancho
24-06-11, 02:14 AM
Seems my mate sloth was right...

mrT
24-06-11, 04:58 AM
this threads went way off, just because the guys fitted a different engine and some ppl dont know how hes mounted it everyone presumes hes done it wrong? and all this ****e that he hasnt calculated for forces/torsional effect is utter pish, end of the day its only a different make of engine with one revised mounting point, ie-one from the x-member to block instead of the drivers one, anyway whats the attraction of a saab lump instead of the usual let avenue :wall:

Edd
24-06-11, 07:08 AM
A real shame that the pics have been deleted and there won't be anymore

But people were only asking for more pics because it's a unusual conversion NOT because they wanted to copy it !!!!

I think the OP taken all the comments the wrong way tbh, as with all custom conversions others will have their ideas on how things should be done

But deleting all the pics is a little OTT IMO, help and advice was being given to him, and sharing new ideas is what's it's all about

Mr Saab man, I hope you read this thread through again and realise that people were trying to help you and everyone was excited to see how you had done the conversion and not be critical of you or your work

Hope you haven't been scared off as there is some very knowledgeable people on here :)

Gaz1300SR
24-06-11, 07:47 AM
A real shame that the pics have been deleted and there won't be anymore

But people were only asking for more pics because it's a unusual conversion NOT because they wanted to copy it !!!!

I think the OP taken all the comments the wrong way tbh, as with all custom conversions others will have their ideas on how things should be done

But deleting all the pics is a little OTT IMO, help and advice was being given to him, and sharing new ideas is what's it's all about

Mr Saab man, I hope you read this thread through again and realise that people were trying to help you and everyone was excited to see how you had done the conversion and not be critical of you or your work

Hope you haven't been scared off as there is some very knowledgeable people on here :)

Well said.

I can sort of see why he got upset because everyone went on about the engine mount and chassis leg. However, that was the point of interest. Putting an engine in a car is one thing but doing it safely is another. Reading through again there is mainly a feeling of concern and interest, not a "your doing it wrong" attitude.

Also I have to say, why start a thread about your project if your not ready to share details yet, that's what this site is here for, people want to know how things have been done. I was looking forward to seeing the finished result, interesting conversion imo.

Balley
24-06-11, 10:21 AM
Fairplay to you mate, i would of never attempted this build.
As for all the haters in here, its not a very nice way to introduce a new member is it, and i would like to see 75% of you attempt this.
meh

EXACTLY!!

RossRog
24-06-11, 10:23 AM
Well done mate!

for having the balls to take it on, i hope to see it in person one day at a show!

Count Vaux Alot
24-06-11, 10:30 AM
And there was me thinking great there's a few more pages to this build since I looked last, there must be some more pics up....wrong.

mowgli
24-06-11, 10:35 AM
Seems my mate sloth was right...

HE WAS.....

every time we asked him for photographic proof of stuff, he used to get all vague, evasive & eventually upset too........

mowgli
24-06-11, 11:07 AM
well on behalf of the pngers who were taking part in this thread, i apologize to mr saabnova for any unintentional offence that has been caused.

we have been debating this subject for a long time & several people were researching it, with ste porter at the head of the line.

and all enquiries ended up with how to mount it on the front end, so naturally everyone was curious.

we have not set out to upset you, and as far as i can tell, we were all positive about what you have done, we are not the sort of website where some appears and says 'i have stuck this motor in this car innit' and the rest of us spend the next few years praising you.... we are genuinely enthusiastic about cars & appreciate peoples work..

saab nova
24-06-11, 02:59 PM
sorry to all the ppl who are genuinely interested in this project but there will be no more put on this site.. i have re-read the posts and it is really unfortunate as some ppl do talk sense and i do feel asif i want to relpy to these comments and put up more pics..

i havent put anymore on not 'because someone will copy' because its something different and i dont want ppl dissing it, ppl who think they know what there on about just coz the sit on internet forums for 15hrs a day.. frankly its just pissing me off!

it makes me laugh when you're on about how to mount the engine.. like i said earlier that is only the first hurdle.. try wiring it.. what gearbox to use.. how to mount the box.. what shafts to use.. what hubs.. remapping the ecu.. getting a speed sensor.. getting the correct suspension to take the weight.. getting the fueling to the engine.. then getting it all to work when you turn the key...

THIS IS STILL NOT EVEN HALF THE WORK WE'VE PUT INTO THIS!!

as for 'chips' yes ive seen it and read alot about it and hes helpped me on other sites where ppl dont just bitch.. his is in the back and completely different to this build.. that guy defo knows his stuff!! try reading some ov his posts about building the perfect stroked 2.4 version of this engine then you will realise why i have removed everything.. as that is what i like to read on a forum.. not ppl acting like kids just because i havent put on the pics THEY want to see.. i understand that there may be some experienced and talented ppl on this site but ive got this far without being on here so im sure ill be fine...

the 4x4 nova with all the boxsection in the back looks lovely and well built but im sure you would also stop paying interest to this site if ppl started saying... oooohh its not gona work.. its not straight.. thers no running gear? the welds are crap.. it will drive like a crab!

at the min the ecu has a custom map and should produce over 280bhp and about 450NM of torque so.. ask yourselves... do you really think ive just 'thrown it in there' come on get real.. and if you think you know exactly what ive done from 2-3 pics you lot are dafter than i thought.

SORRY again to every1 who is genuinely interested... you will see it at santa pod soon!!

...mr 4x4 hurry up n get it done coz theres a place on the 1/4 mile next to me just waiting for you! ;)

VnoNovaD
24-06-11, 03:09 PM
You gonna be running a thread on another site saabnova?
Be really interested to see how this turns out.

ste porter
24-06-11, 03:31 PM
i know where your coming from i get it all the time with the 4x4 about weight untill i posted a video of me picking the car up to waist hight with one arm and using a pair of plyers. Try doing that to a standard shell!

My point is i proved everyone wrong with the vid and thats all we wanted you to do is prove us wrong mate

as someone already mentioned not only am i doing the 4x4 im also doing the saab conversion on claires so im more than aware of the hurdles you faced.
On the other hand though your proberly not aware but i have also just put one in a kit car mate so please dont take me as an in exsperienced fool when it comes to saab lumps as everything changed on that it went dry sump electric water pump ect ect

saab nova
what i will probs do is make a build diary then post it somewhere.. then i dont need to reply to any looser comments and everyone will see it HAS been done right!

anyone who tries to find this project.. will.. its the ppl with nothing better to do than slate something they havent got the knowledge or the balls to do that i dont want to show..

how sad some1s life must be that it makes them glad they think some1 else may have done this b4 me.. hope you get a girlfriend one day.. doubt she'll like ur 1.2 nova though haha

Edd
Mr Saab nova, you have a attitude problem tbh

Most people find this a friendly, helpful and honest forum. Your in the minority if you think this forum is bitchy

NO ONE was dissing your build mate, EVERYONE was interested and offering advice

NO ONE was acting like kids about the pics again it was the interest in not seen much conversion, as you were reluctant to post more pics of the fabrication work people kept asking

People are not daft on here as you can see from some of the builds with lots of fabrication, difference is they can be grown up enough to take others people's ideas and views on board without thinking their been critical of them or their work

Frankly, you need to pull your head out your butt, wipe the crap out your eyes and grow up ffs

Jeez :roll:

:)

ste porter
24-06-11, 03:39 PM
i know where your coming from i get it all the time with the 4x4 about weight untill i posted a video of me picking the car up to waist hight with one arm and using a pair of plyers. Try doing that to a standard shell!

My point is i proved everyone wrong with the vid and thats all we wanted you to do is prove us wrong mate

as someone already mentioned not only am i doing the 4x4 im also doing the saab conversion on claires so im more than aware of the hurdles you faced.
On the other hand though your proberly not aware but i have also just put one in a kit car mate so please dont take me as an in exsperienced fool when it comes to saab lumps as everything changed on that it went dry sump electric water pump ect ect

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230345_222063537820275_100000498918169_904904_2330 481_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230324_222063511153611_100000498918169_904903_5015 761_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227436_222063484486947_100000498918169_904901_4943 430_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230888_222063447820284_100000498918169_904900_6721 480_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230850_222063421153620_100000498918169_904898_3129 196_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227131_222063401153622_100000498918169_904897_4164 906_n.jpg

saab nova
24-06-11, 03:48 PM
mr porter.. inexperienced fool you are not my friend.. at first i did think but then you gave me actual real good advise and i appreciate that and respect it

and kit cars are the way forward.. mk indy with the linked up front shocks.. running a 234r with T7 head.. HX40.. 750cc's etc has been started a while back

with a mt75 and escos 4x4 running gear... i have lots to talk about just on a more grown up site.. like my indepth research into fitting antilag and launch control to these engines.. should be working correctly very soon

saab nova
24-06-11, 03:54 PM
pics only just came on.. that is very very nice well done

if you want to be nosey i dont mind emailing you pics just to look at?

looks like weve got round 1 and 2 lol

nova 4x4 vs 2wd

indy 4x4 vs 2wd sounds fun!!

ste porter
24-06-11, 03:54 PM
i have seen and done things with cars people would deem not possible but just because i dont feel the need to share every tiny little detail with the world doesnt mean it doesnt happen.
My 4x4 for example is miles on from my last update all the steering asembaly is in columns mounted floor is neer on finished cage is 60% complete and shes back rolling again but i just havent updated it yet theres just a few more things i want to find time to do then a mass update will come.
Not only that i had claires to watch over and get stick into considering its had a complete floor front to back and shes not the most compotent welder

my advise chill out mate there are alot of people on here very much the same way i am and very inclined to help if you open the door for them

i am impresed with your car but also im just alitle concerened that your engineering and fabricational knowledge doesnt exstend qite as far as your mechanical and electronical knowledge does, hence my concern when i felt that that was your primary mount.
This is where i felt a little advise from myself on the subject could have become valuble

sorry if i came across arsy i surpose you didnt know me from adam and thats why you was originaly reluctant to listen to me but i only wanted to help if i could mate that was all.
like i said earlier what i had to say may have been the difference between something that works and something that lasts

ste porter
24-06-11, 04:08 PM
kit car has gone already mate sold 3 days after getting it tested
was my best mates he brought it in boxes and had an xe on carbs with it then when we was disgussing options i hapened to mention that a saab lump would fit his gear box and it kinda got completly out of control from there lol

it was a nightmare to get in the narrow chassis but we got there

ste porter
24-06-11, 05:19 PM
Very impressive although why put the Low pressure inlet on, why not the better inlet?

i could be wrong but without refering to notes but post 98-99 is where saab changed things the internals were different as was managment inlet and a revised cam chain asembaly was fitted aswell as a better balancer shaft set up that was less prone to the chains snapping
Hence i belive that was the inlet saab fitted from factory

the transverse 900s were fitted with a narrower cam chain asembaly with the b204's and also had the stronger internals. The reason behind it was to fit it in the narrow confinds of the bay and to upright the engine. Thats why there a faivorite for the mk3 astra lads as the subframe and bay is near on identical to the astra cav and calibra. The later engines the 2.3's and the 9000's i belive had the larger chain asembalys, same engine different chain setup which made the engines about an inch and a half longer and as the girls will tell you that extra inch can make all the difference.
Again this is why the earlier engines are faivored with the astra lads as that inch is the difference between the belt clearing or not.

like i say this is all of memory and proberly isnt 100% if i check but its something along those lines.

This is why i asked the qestion of why a 2000 model engine in my very first reply in this thread but to be fair its irelevent as hes got it in any way
10 out of 10 to the lad

Paul
24-06-11, 05:22 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230324_222063511153611_100000498918169_904903_5015 761_n.jpg

The inlet on the kit car here is better than the one he has used on the Nova?

And im 95% sure that would fit in a Nova bay? Fits in the astra bay easily.

ste porter
24-06-11, 05:29 PM
thats the 2.3 inlet though mate but your right about fitting the bay as its the one we intend on using in claires

Mazz
24-06-11, 05:36 PM
Yet another cool and different build thread that has has been ruined imo, real shame we won't get to see any more pics....

ste porter
24-06-11, 05:39 PM
to be fair mazz i think the fact that he wasnt showing any pics in the first place was part the reason the thread has gone in the direction it it has

It is a shame though and to be fair i think the general attitude was more in the direction of helping and curiosity than an exscuse to pick fault which i feel is how the OP took it

Paul
24-06-11, 05:41 PM
thats the 2.3 inlet though mate but your right about fitting the bay as its the one we intend on using in claires

Same inlet on the 2.0 mate.

I dont know too much about these engines but im sure that the one he has is off the LPT version?

db_1.2
24-06-11, 05:45 PM
Man managed to land on the moon, and make it back, I'm sure we'll manage to mount a Saab engine in a Nova. It's not like you have to cut much, in most cases, the bit you would have to cut has half rotten away!

But it looks like a good conversion, and whether everyone else is happy with it is irrelivent, as long as your happy with it, and does everything you intended.

Also, is this the first Saab engine mounted in a Nova?

Paul
24-06-11, 05:46 PM
Ste I think that he has got the 900 inlet, and Glen and the kitcar is 9000?

ste porter
24-06-11, 05:56 PM

could well be as the 2.3 in the kit car came from a 9000 carlson

his inlet is an lpt with regards to the earlier ones and i belive nearly all the later ones were fitted with that inlet aswell

to be fair though when we was digging info up it all seemed alitle hit and miss so to speak at times as to what engines models ect got what i have a list at home somewhere what was fitted in what but when we was looking wrond we found that half the cars that should have x actualy had y and the ones that should have y had z ect if you get me. I know the american and europeon market was all different again so i surpose it depends on what market set info was written for as to weather it was correct or not
Also as i say im going of memory at the min as im at my mums and dont have the info infront of me to check

i do know that nearly all the inlet and exh manifolds ect from the same years are interchangable with some feteling

ste porter
24-06-11, 05:58 PM

also i belive that that inlet is the standard fit to all the 2.3 engines of that era

sorry for spaming and going slightly of topic in a way aswell mate

Edd
24-06-11, 06:12 PM
It's all relevant stuff to Saab engines that you could fit to a nova /vauxhall tho

I take it Saab lumps can be bought alot cheaper than a C20LET then ?
And make more power ?

Tony M
24-06-11, 06:14 PM
Mr Saab your no loss to this website with your arrogance and attitude you have brought because people were either curious or were just willing to give free advice.

ste porter
24-06-11, 06:22 PM
It's all relevant stuff to Saab engines that you could fit to a nova /vauxhall tho

I take it Saab lumps can be bought alot cheaper than a C20LET then ?
And make more power ?

the bottom ends have been proven time and time again to cope with over 400 horse without even opening them up
few pins soldered in the ecu a lead and t5 suite and you have a fully mapable system
entire well looked after cars can be had for as little as £300 as a pose to a let at £1300 that needs a rebuild and been to the moon
Certain years are gm based so gear boxes ect are easily interchangable (the kit cars on a manta box)

The list on for over a let are endless but the biggest drawbacks are the water pump is on the aux belt so binning the ribed belt isnt an option realy
ther on cam chain and the engines are physicly longer and taller
and the electronics can be a pain if you dont understand them as they require speed signal input or you have limited boost aswell as needing auxilary relays ect

once people start getting there heads round it all though i can see prices ect going through the roof much like the lets did

there are many other advantages aswell like the fact they use a proper manifold and turbo not like the k16 and they dont run a MAF

if you have a poke round the saab forums wheather you like saabs or not there are some seriously impresive and tasty saabs out there and to be fair after digging into it its made me think twice about picking on them in the cav as you just never know whats lerking underneath the bonet of one as you will realise if you have a look throught the forums

db_1.2
24-06-11, 06:25 PM
Great info Ste, definatly opened my eyes a little more.

ste porter
24-06-11, 06:26 PM
if i can find it i will post a link up to a 9000 that springs to mind apart from the tailpipe wheels ride hight and the front brakes you wouldnt have a clue whats in it. The guy has managed just over 550 horse out of it and hasnt even opened the bottom end aswell as claiming over 10k trouble free miles out of it the build is impresive to say the least.

db_1.2
24-06-11, 06:30 PM
Defiantly impressive. Im pretty aware of what saabs are capable of, as I always wanted a 900 turbo (16v). So done a small amount of research into what is capable. But like most good examples of what is considered a 'classic', prices are extortionate. But I'd still like to own one before my times up

ste porter
24-06-11, 06:31 PM
to be honest i have never liked saabs as a car but to be fair the more i dig into them the more i fancy a 900 turbo b204 as a daily to be honest

db_1.2
24-06-11, 06:34 PM
Lol they have a.....different look about them. The 900 is the only one I'd have, but being rwd is a pretty big selling point for me

Edd
24-06-11, 06:35 PM
So what model of Saab is the best all round engine going to come from ?
I take it the b204 comes in lots of different versions ?

I read about all the variations above lol looks like a bit of a minefield tbh lol

ste porter
24-06-11, 06:41 PM
oh dear sorry saab nova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brF6eKkQEE0

Edd
24-06-11, 06:46 PM
Classic Flol

ste porter
24-06-11, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPW5ggrAE4&feature=related

what they can do end of vid

MK999
24-06-11, 06:51 PM
Doing well to spin those slicks like they're 165 wide ditchfinders lol

Count Vaux Alot
24-06-11, 06:58 PM
We have done some big power turbos for these, even the standard units hybrid well.

Gaz1300SR
24-06-11, 08:25 PM
I miss my saab.....

NOVA saloon
24-06-11, 09:14 PM
Looks like we need to buy a couple of engines. Sounds like they will be a good investment lol.

People should not take things to heart. That's coming from myself and I'm mr angry lol.

Danny s-p
24-06-11, 09:21 PM
oh dear sorry saab nova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brF6eKkQEE0get the **** on what did i say is that in Germany by any chance

david dixon
24-06-11, 09:41 PM
thats the one i was talking about danny! its been around a while now

Mieran
24-06-11, 09:43 PM
Why do people not keep them in a Saab and aim for big power to make up for the weight? :confused:

ryansnova
24-06-11, 09:44 PM
i wish my project thread had half the posts as this :(

Southie
24-06-11, 09:46 PM
Nice to see a different conversion in a Nova but keeping your cards close to your chest I can understand but sometimes letting a few pictures of said conversion maybe of use to help your safety, I do understand though that you are excited about your accomplishment but we don't want to see you in a ditch with a dangerous build.

Anyway good luck with your build ;)

ryansnova
24-06-11, 09:48 PM
Nice to see a different conversion in a Nova but keeping your cards close to your chest I can understand but sometimes letting a few pictures of said conversion maybe of use to help your safety, I do understand though that you are excited about your accomplishment but we don't want to see you in a ditch with a dangerous build.

Anyway good luck with your build ;)

you should put a saab in your KA lol

Southie
24-06-11, 09:49 PM
i wish my project thread had half the posts as this :(
You've put the wrong engine in though lol

Southie
24-06-11, 09:50 PM
you should put a saab in your KA lol
Don't upset me :( lol

ryansnova
24-06-11, 09:59 PM
Don't upset me :( lol

okaay i will just go and sit in the corner :roll: :thumb:

saab nova
24-06-11, 10:08 PM
ste porter.. if you dont mind me asking how did you sort the speed signal when you put the engine in the kit car? ive been toying with afew different methods but cant decide which would be the best..

the inlet is a 900 one.. a 9000 could be used but i chose a 900
engine because the sump doesnt sit as low at the one in the 9000

you know what after all these comments im considering puting all the pics back up and showing every1 what they want to see.. the convo has defo got a better vibe now lads!!

ryansnova
24-06-11, 10:10 PM
get some pics up mate i want to see how it looks to ;)

ben doodar
24-06-11, 10:19 PM
Honestly mate it would be great to see more pictures of the car. There's been plenty of talk on here about a Saab'd nova, then you appear with 1!! we (or at least I) got excited and wanted to some decent pictures It like telling us were getting candy then take it away from us. lol lol

I think my mate who's put 1 in an astra used the abs ring on the cv joint for the pulse signal. I'll ask him over the weekend.
I'm sure if you do put more pictures up you'd get alot more positive reply than you think.

blue_peg_16v
24-06-11, 10:30 PM
get the pics back up good to see a local lad doing something a little different to the norm mate

stt
24-06-11, 11:12 PM
When I did my Saab conversion in my mk3 astra I used the abs sensor with an amplifier from Dom on mig, his website is www.picbits.co.uk

ste porter
24-06-11, 11:16 PM
When I did my Saab conversion in my mk3 astra I used the abs sensor with an amplifier from Dom on mig, his website is www.picbits.co.uk (http://www.picbits.co.uk)

what he said

saab nova
24-06-11, 11:20 PM
cheers mate ive already looked into the signal amplifier but didnt know anyone who used it with the abs sensor...
think am guna use a gearbox tranducer and put the speedo under the dash, but still use the digi dash,

blue_peg_16v
24-06-11, 11:34 PM
Would it work with a vx220 clock set? Rather than under the dash

Or would an rs turbo speed sensor work they bolt to the speedo drive but also allow a cable to be run for cable driven clocks

saab nova
24-06-11, 11:45 PM
no that wouldnt work ive done alot of reserch into the speed signal as this is a major factor in the way the t5 ecu works.. i think the best way is as it is fitted in the 9000

scott.parker
24-06-11, 11:51 PM
Humm, i wonder if these would fit into a mk4 Astra, defiantly a cheaper turbo conversion then a z20leh!

And shame Ive not been able to see your car pics mate, sounds interesting.

saab nova
24-06-11, 11:54 PM
you can fit anything into anyting mate, you just gota go for it :)

shouldnt be that bad to do, just do it ;)

Danny s-p
24-06-11, 11:57 PM
Why do people not keep them in a Saab and aim for big power to make up for the weight? :confused:same as y do peeps take the xe's and lets out of cavs big engine goes faster in a smaller car.

and good look with the build saab nova yes i was a bit harsh but u seam to of come down to earth more now. take some of the lads advice on here and your build will go far. good look hope to see it go down some drag strips soon :thumb: or and get some pics up

david dixon
25-06-11, 12:04 AM
Humm, i wonder if these would fit into a mk4 Astra, defiantly a cheaper turbo conversion then a z20leh!

And shame Ive been able to see your car pics mate, sounds interesting.

Yes you can, thats been done too and your right its a much cheaper way and a better idea imo.

David.

saab nova
25-06-11, 12:07 AM
cheers mate, the build will be going far as i have some big plans for it in the near future, should turn out a decent nova when we are done with it :) and the gud thing with the b204 engine is that the bell housing pattern is exactly the same as vauxhall box,s so they mate up a dream ;)

ryansnova
25-06-11, 12:11 AM
eny chance of some pics now then pal ?lol

saab nova
25-06-11, 12:14 AM
i am guna sort them at some point, just gota get them off my fone and post em up be in next couple of days mate.........

ryansnova
25-06-11, 12:21 AM
okaay mate

and btw look at your rep you didnt have that till you started being nice lol

saab nova
25-06-11, 12:25 AM
im always nice just wo how ppl wo puting stuff, but thats the end of that its a thing of the past :) wo guna leave the site but i have to much of a passion for the nova lol always have and always will!!!!!!! :)

ryansnova
25-06-11, 12:41 AM
aww you have the nova bug lol

saab nova
25-06-11, 12:49 AM
always have it wo my first car n loved em since......

ryansnova
25-06-11, 12:57 AM
lol i got it when i was 13 and 2 weeks later i got a mk1 nova lol and bofore that i had 2 classic minis lol

edit :(

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to saab nova again.