PDA

View Full Version : corsa vxr or fiat 500 abarth

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 09:04 PM
looking at a new motor but cant decide fiats a bit girly but fuel economy is swaying me as will be to teach in but want something thats also fun so dont want an eco box was considering the corsa vxr to start but have been hearing horror stories on the fuel economy side plus wasnt too impressed with the sxi i had recently electrical gremlins were very annoying.

John
17-06-11, 09:08 PM
corsa vxr = chav.
abarth= awesome italian Imo!

(plus you'll be the coolest instructor around in an abarth! lol)

Edd
17-06-11, 09:12 PM
I voted Abarth

There not girly IMO either lol

Bet you'll be the first owner to have a duel control one tho lol

Pistol Pete
17-06-11, 09:18 PM
Shock horror lol Fiat gets my vote. I would have one.

claire6069
17-06-11, 09:23 PM
abarth ftw!!! i soooo want one of those................but Ste wont let me :(

JensonLEI
17-06-11, 09:37 PM
Abarth definitely, I pressed vxr on iPhone by accident

General Baxter
17-06-11, 09:40 PM
astra vxr, the corsa's are **** lol

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 09:43 PM
astra is to thursty for definate, i know some one with an abarth that uses it mainly round town and there getting 40+ mpg out of it which is why im swaying that way, i know there slower with only 135bhp but thats still enough to be fun on a blats over the moors to whitby

Danny s-p
17-06-11, 10:03 PM
vxr when my mate ran phise 1 it had better mpg than it dose standard and has bit more poke

loggyboy
17-06-11, 10:09 PM
Neither- Clio 197/200

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:13 PM
clio is a definate no and the corsa would be staying standard driving instructor insurace dosent take kindlyto mods so thats a no no

General Baxter
17-06-11, 10:15 PM
vectra gsi lol

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:17 PM
vectra gsi lol

feck that lol thats heathers now hardly gets used tbf but is good for draging stuff forget the trailer is on the back at times lol

loggyboy
17-06-11, 10:20 PM
Why is clio a no? Fecking great car IMO. Wife had a 197 and I/we would have another in a heartbeat. Test drove a VXR, felt ok, but didnt seem as nimble or as drivable as the Clio. Had a Fiesta ST before and after the clio which were good, but not as fast.
Clio had a few foilbles (cold startup was lumpy and had some wind noise) but it came well specd and much more car for the money than the Corsa.

TBH, a 'hot hatch' seems an odd choice for a learner car anyway, surely a diesel for economy and 'unstallabilty' would the more obvious choice?

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:26 PM
what would you rather learn in an eco box or something decent

plus if i went for a diesel it would just blend in with the rest, this will be my man car so want something that doubles to be fun when im not working, the clio is a no down to the economy factor and i just dont like them, think ive decided on the abarth and ive driven a clio before you jump on me just wasnt for me couldnt get comfy in it.

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:34 PM
just been looking into this a bit more they recon the esseesse pack (160bhp) gives the same mpg figures how the feck does that work always thought more power in same engine = more fuel

Danny s-p
17-06-11, 10:36 PM
well i no if i was 17 again and i told all my mates i was learning to drive in corsa vxr with recaro bucket seat i no were all my mates wood be going to learn to drive ;) if i said i learn in fiat 500 barth fart they probably lol at me think of it from a marketing view at the same time as what u wood like i wood loved the chance to drive a arden blue corsa vxr as my first car to drive

John
17-06-11, 10:38 PM
It's 50/50 the girls will love the abarth (as a thread on here has proved? lol) and the guys the vxr

General Baxter
17-06-11, 10:41 PM
something, that dont have ABS, PAS,

as most of them will have first cars with out them :p

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:43 PM
something, that dont have ABS, PAS,

as most of them will have first cars with out them :p

most bangers have them now

corsa c s are bangers now and most of them have them, just us nuts that like crap rust boxes without abs lol

General Baxter
17-06-11, 10:45 PM
something with a choke,

that would confuse the **** out of them lol

blue_peg_16v
well i no if i was 17 again and i told all my mates i was learning to drive in corsa vxr with recaro bucket seat i no were all my mates wood be going to learn to drive ;) if i said i learn in fiat 500 barth fart they probably lol at me think of it from a marketing view at the same time as what u wood like i wood loved the chance to drive a arden blue corsa vxr as my first car to drive

if i go for the corsa would be arden blue stands out the best imo

MK999
just been looking into this a bit more they recon the esseesse pack (160bhp) gives the same mpg figures how the feck does that work always thought more power in same engine = more fuel

Not necessarily, more efficient burning, better flows, more swirl etc all help BHP and MPG at the same time.

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:46 PM
something with a choke,

that would confuse the **** out of them lol

why theyed never need it its running for 8 hours a day at least and is warm by the time i get to there house so would have no affect on the baxter

General Baxter
17-06-11, 10:47 PM
turn it off then, whilst you bang the 17year old bird lol

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:49 PM
ive paid out 25k in a divorce settlement before and spent thousands on court costs to see my daughter and that was without banging anyone else can do without the expense tbf ill keep it in my trousers and keep heather and my son cheers

Danny s-p
17-06-11, 10:52 PM
if i go for the corsa would be arden blue stands out the best imo i think your chose has been made for your self there then but if u wait a few month the ring Addison come out in burnt orange and brembo brakes as standard

MK999
17-06-11, 10:54 PM
ive paid out 25k in a divorce settlement before and spent thousands on court costs to see my daughter and that was without banging anyone else can do without the expense tbf ill keep it in my trousers and keep heather and my son cheers

You can take my number to give out to all the 17 year olds if you like lol I'll take one for the team.

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:55 PM
i wont be buying new so that aint an option want somethin about 2 year old with low milage seen an 09 with 6k for reasonable price the 500s are holding there value better also so thats a consideration too

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:57 PM
You can take my number to give out to all the 17 year olds if you like lol I'll take one for the team.

remember im from doncaster obesity capital of the uk lol but if you a fattie lover ill pass them on lol

tbf i have a few fities but damper has already called first dibs lol

Danny s-p
17-06-11, 10:58 PM
look how nice this come on an 17 year kid girl or boy wood want to learn in this

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?133949-Corsa-VXR-Nurburgring-Edition-Official-Press-Release-and-Pictures

MK999
17-06-11, 10:58 PM
remember im from doncaster obesity capital of the uk lol but if you a fattie lover ill pass them on lol

tbf i have a few fities but damper has already called first dibs lol

Long way to travel too, give them my number when they pass, bound to fancy a road trip lol

The fitties not fatties btw lol

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 10:59 PM
but im not paying 22k for something im gonna but 50k a year on

MK999
17-06-11, 11:00 PM
but im not paying 22k for something im gonna but 50k a year on

Jeebus, do you store it on a rolling road? lol

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 11:02 PM
it feels that way some times lol

loggyboy
17-06-11, 11:03 PM
what would you rather learn in an eco box or something decent

plus if i went for a diesel it would just blend in with the rest, this will be my man car so want something that doubles to be fun when im not working, the clio is a no down to the economy factor and i just dont like them, think ive decided on the abarth and ive driven a clio before you jump on me just wasnt for me couldnt get comfy in it.

I'd would like to learn in something thats easy to drive!
Id also assume you want something thats gonna to earn you more money by:
A. Save you fuel, tax and insurance costs.
B. Not alienaiting the (id say 80%) of people that learn to drive that arent interested in fast cars.

What about something like an Ibiza Cupra Diesel? 160bhp, **** loads of torque, 45mpg, looks quite cool but not OTT.

Danny s-p
17-06-11, 11:06 PM
it still a lovely car

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 11:10 PM
a petrol is easier to drive than a diesel (easier on pulling up and clutch control for the learners) diesels need clutch dipping earlier and if too early can be seen as coasting by examines, know instructors that went to diesel and have switched back so i want to avoid that and 20% of the people wanting to learn in doncaster is a massive market and would give me more than enough hours

MK999
17-06-11, 11:11 PM
There's 2 sides to the faster learners car thing, on one hand it's using more money in fuel etc. However how many learners are gonna be pumping in anywhere near 150bhp+ of fuel? Around about none, when I was learning flooring a 1.6 focus was daunting enough, so it's gonna make near enough no difference, it also means he has a car which he can have a bit of fun in when not working, so fulfilling that dual purpose rather than having 2 cars saves money also*. Also diesel for a learner is a bad idea imo, as it would mask a lack of skills with the clutch etc rather than teach them.

*Not sure how this theory works with a LET van and a carbed XE saloon though.

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 11:11 PM
it still a lovely car

it is maybe when i trade in lol

Danny s-p
17-06-11, 11:15 PM
what happens if you get a dick learner tho and he gose racen off in your vxr i wood be bricking it seeing a vxr with l plate come full chat at me but at the same time think get on that has to be cool

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 11:16 PM
There's 2 sides to the faster learners car thing, on one hand it's using more money in fuel etc. However how many learners are gonna be pumping in anywhere near 150bhp+ of fuel? Around about none, when I was learning flooring a 1.6 focus was daunting enough, so it's gonna make near enough no difference, it also means he has a car which he can have a bit of fun in when not working, so fulfilling that dual purpose rather than having 2 cars saves money also*. Also diesel for a learner is a bad idea imo, as it would mask a lack of skills with the clutch etc rather than teach them.

*Not sure how this theory works with a LET van and a carbed XE saloon though.

the novas are summer toys tho lol

oh forgot to mention the insurance isnt bad for either and not massivly more than an eco box

corsa 1.2 quoted £309
corsa vxr £573

so the insurance equates to about an extra hour of work a month hardly massive, driving instructers insurance is surprisingly reasonable as there are 2 people in charge of the vehichle

blue_peg_16v
17-06-11, 11:17 PM
what happens if you get a dick learner tho and he gose racen off in your vxr i wood be bricking it seeing a vxr with l plate come full chat at me but at the same time think get on that has to be cool

i have a brake and clutch that over rides his said dick wouldnt get far

Danny s-p
17-06-11, 11:25 PM
i have a brake and clutch that over rides his said dick wouldnt get farlol

bazil
17-06-11, 11:31 PM
Twingo Sport Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spudly
18-06-11, 10:43 AM
Twingo Sport Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far too small id say, and no im not knocking them as ive driven a few of them, the poverty spec ones with no height adjustment on the seats, i cant fit in properly being too tall, the GT's and the 133's are spot on, can happily drive them:thumb:

Whatever you get Rich, id get one in silver as the resale value in a few years will be higher due to silver being the best colour to keep looking good, it will mask small scuffs and scratches and carpark dings, ans will look/stay cleaner for longer too:d

gunny
20-06-11, 12:08 AM
Didn't think my VXR was too bad on fuel tbh, when driven correctly. Easy to drive, and the whole 'girls love fiats - guys love VXR's' b*ll*cks, I know a girl who learnt in a corsa VXR she loved it lol.

Ben
20-06-11, 05:21 AM
not read 5 pages of bollocks but the Arbarth gets my vote, the 500's are girly but the Arbarths are an awesome bit of kit!

Connor
20-06-11, 11:09 AM
Wish i learnt in any of them two, i learnt in a c2 vts :(

General Baxter
20-06-11, 11:16 AM
mk5 astra diesel FTW lol

Ben
20-06-11, 01:01 PM

Better than a fooling KIA pride

Ben
20-06-11, 01:02 PM
mk5 astra diesel FTW lol

Yeah that's a cracking idea, btw buy mine lol

blue_peg_16v
20-06-11, 03:52 PM
Nope think I've made my decision now though

Ben
20-06-11, 07:27 PM
and the winner is....?

Nova_Tek
20-06-11, 07:31 PM
Out of the two... Corsa VXR more manly looking than the Fiat.

Bubba
20-06-11, 07:52 PM
im going with the 500

blue_peg_16v
20-06-11, 10:14 PM
Well it's Arden blue and I'm viewing it tomorrow anything I should be looking for?

MK999
20-06-11, 10:15 PM

I learnt in a Nissan Micra, a Corsa B, a Corsa C, a Renault Clio, a Ford Focus, and then passed in my own Nova lol

Edit: Actually think it was 2 Corsa C's

Rob
20-06-11, 10:24 PM
weve just got a 500 abarth in at work today,truely awsome for a little car,dont half shift aswell deffo better than a corsa :thumb: just a tad expensive at 13k

craig green
20-06-11, 10:48 PM
For me I'd have the Corsa, however it would have to be in silver, the Blue, Red & White all look a bit OTT IMO, as with Astra VXR's aswell. I would delete 1 or 2 of the styling bits on the exterior also.
The 500 Abarth is nice dont get me wrong, but it is a FIAT afterall & they still arent that well built. I reckon the 500 might have better residual value in the future, though more likely when they hit 20 years old, but I expect the VXR will be the same. Also the engine on the FIAT is a very dated block, they are gettingh modern power from it but it is ancient.

There used to be a driving instructor around our way that had a white Corsa GSi back in the day, so a hot-hatch Learner car isnt so daft afterall.

MK999
20-06-11, 10:58 PM
There used to be a driving instructor around our way that had a white Corsa GSi back in the day, so a hot-hatch Learner car isnt so daft afterall.

One around Oxford that has a scooby WRX STi with all the trimmings, was always out and about so obviously plenty of custom, and who wouldn't want to drive an Impreza as their first car!

craig green
20-06-11, 11:08 PM
An Impreza!! Thats just daft. Fair play to the geezer if he is still earning a profit.

MK999
20-06-11, 11:14 PM
She lol It was always around and I imagine the price was inflated a tad for a runaround in a scooby, haven't seen it the past year or so mind.

craig green
20-06-11, 11:23 PM
Imagine the fuel that must use all day, exhaust rumble would get on my tits too.

bazil
20-06-11, 11:45 PM
I learned and passed in a 4 door loon White nova lol

did you get the orsa?

jaygsi
20-06-11, 11:59 PM
If your going to get the albarth it has to be the ss model 160bhp :d

But to say it don't look girly your kidding yourself i know the fiat 500 a very cute car loads of girls have them. But i've got to admit i would be tempted with the albarth but only the ss if not then would have to be corsa vxr

Ben
21-06-11, 11:04 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/lurk75/gsi.jpg

mowgli
21-06-11, 12:12 PM
look, what do we know about nice new cars??? we like novas

Connor
21-06-11, 12:15 PM
Better than a fooling KIA pride

Urgggh, i feel your pain, i had one of these as a company car for a couple of days. Horrendous cars

mowgli
21-06-11, 12:45 PM
you obviously weren't trying hard enough

joshy
21-06-11, 12:52 PM
C20LET nova FTW. screemer pipes and antilag. that would keep you in buisness ;)

blue_peg_16v
21-06-11, 06:25 PM
C20LET nova FTW. screemer pipes and antilag. that would keep you in buisness ;)

that would send me straight to bancrupcy, i have a let nova and no one would want to learn to drive in it

Royston
21-06-11, 06:31 PM
Fiat:cool:

blue_peg_16v
21-06-11, 09:30 PM
well the car i intended to look at today was sold yesterday so still on the look out