PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Bolton - Ebay scammer!

Will F
16-06-11, 08:16 PM
Ok, so the situation is this:

I purchached a part from eBay from car that was being broken (not an auction)

The seller asked to 'gift' him the payment - not something I usually do, but had quite a few emails over the course of a week or so and he seemed genuine - plus he breaks a lot of Vauxhalls and has 100% feedback.

Shock horror - he is now ignoring messages/calls/emails and has disappraered (although listing new cars regularly)

I know that Paypal wont do anything - but does anyone know a prolific Vauxhall breaker in Lancashire?

I have his email/paypal addresses and a mobile number - his name is 'Dave' hmmmm lol

If it helps - his 'mate' breaks BMWs and trades from the same eBay account.

Anyone know someone who breaks Vauxhalls and BMWs in Bolton?

nova_saloon
16-06-11, 11:36 PM
What are you going to do once you find out where he lives? cause just call him off another number and seem interested in something he has and ask if you can collect, or do the same just message him from a mates ebay account

MK999
16-06-11, 11:40 PM
Sounds like that welsh ****er that never sent me an exhaust clamp lol

(Don't worry about it btw, I probably would have got new ones when I put it on anyway lol)

Above suggestion is sound too :)

jaygsi
16-06-11, 11:48 PM
Dude why would you send as a gift. Off ebay aswell

Gareth_C
16-06-11, 11:50 PM
the only thing you can do really is report him to ebay but with no proof of purchase or winning an auction you are limited as too what you can do. Even if you do find his address and drive up etc if it went you would be in the wrong, the only suggestion is too try and get intouch from another phone/email

MK999
16-06-11, 11:51 PM
Dude why would you send as a gift. Off ebay aswell

Because Will is the kind of top bloke that would trust someone that seems genuine :thumb: Unfortunately there are people that take advantage of it :(

I've picked up something from someone on here before, got held up and he had to go out, so I asked him to leave it outside his house and I'd put the cash through the door/under a plant or something, at first he seemed sceptical but agreed and I did as I said! There are genuine people around still.

Will F
17-06-11, 10:10 AM
I have bought loads of stuff via gift payments in the past - it doesnt usually bother me, as I ask for it sometimes too...

I just underestimated that Paypal offer no cover whatsoever - which isnt suprising as they arent making anything from the transaction.

He/they are still trading from Bolton - so I will just go there and ask for my money back - no threats, no drama (I hope!), just a polite request! ;)

I was hoping that someone in the area may have bought from them before and give me a heads up..

Mieran
17-06-11, 12:04 PM
Ask one of your pals to pretend hes interested in some parts hes selling and want to collect, that way you can get the address

Dayle_
17-06-11, 12:47 PM
Pm me address, I work in Bolton, could be local to me.

Will F
18-06-11, 06:34 PM
Cheers all - I am on the case!

turbojolt
18-06-11, 06:42 PM
put his email adress in to facebook and see what comes up on him or i can do it for you