PDA

View Full Version : NOVA project

dingoo379
15-06-11, 07:38 PM
the project hasnt started YET but i have just under a year to find a nova and finish it as a track/road legal car for the next PVS.

whats you opinions for what i have planned..

its going to go white in colour with gsi kit in black, strip all the inside and have that white too, black roll cage, 2 bucket seat, banded steelies in black with a white lip and stick a 2.0 turbo into it.

just want to keep it simple really, dont like all this MASSIVE body kits and !* inch alloys (just looks sh*t if you ask me)

opinions or suggestion swould be appreciated

cheers

Dom

vauxluva
15-06-11, 07:43 PM
Welcome to png sounds like a good start like to see the pix.

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 07:46 PM
Sound like a plan mate, sounds good. Some people will say a tuned XE would be better for track or a highly tuned baby XE for handling etc.

I'm going for a LET in my project but mines purely a road car. You cannot go wrong with the colour scheme, sounds good. Huge wheels do nothing for performance really, especially handling and the best Nova's always have subtle body work :)

dingoo379
15-06-11, 07:47 PM
thanks for the welcome, im still on the hunt for the nova :(

jaygsi
15-06-11, 07:47 PM
Sounds good lad, although think you will be hard pushed to find body kitted ones now adays, its moved on

dingoo379
15-06-11, 07:48 PM
well im getting the engine from a 4x4 cav for free so im not complaining and i want banded steelies in 15" with stretched toyo proxes r888 which are pretty sweet. if i still had photoshop i could of made a final look but my license ran out

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 07:49 PM
Ahhh, a free LET is always a big plus, you lucky !@£$%^&*( lol

dingoo379
15-06-11, 07:49 PM
Sounds good lad, although think you will be hard pushed to find body kitted ones now adays, its moved on

ill buy the kit if needs must :)

dingoo379
15-06-11, 07:51 PM
Ahhh, a free LET is always a big plus, you lucky !@£$%^&*( lol

my mate is getting a cav 4x4 to use the four wheel drive in his mk4 astra gsi ;) and he's going to have the engine, brakes and what ever else i could use just lying there so he said i could have it as he wants to race me up the strip next year :p

jaygsi
15-06-11, 07:55 PM
just want to keep it simple really, dont like all this MASSIVE body kits and !* inch alloys (just looks sh*t if you ask me)

Thought you said you don't like them

dingoo379
15-06-11, 07:58 PM
Thought you said you don't like them

i dont, can you not get the standard gsi kit and whack it on?

i dont mind kits which come with a car from the garage, just all these after market ones are absolute dire if you ask me

calibra-keith
15-06-11, 08:05 PM
my mate is getting a cav 4x4 to use the four wheel drive in his mk4 astra gsi ;) and he's going to have the engine, brakes and what ever else i could use just lying there so he said i could have it as he wants to race me up the strip next year :p

must be a good mate giving them for free lol

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 08:07 PM
Wish I had a mate like that! lol

ryansnova
15-06-11, 08:08 PM
Wish I had a mate like that! lol

me too....:wtf:

lol

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 08:11 PM
I have a mate who's not far off that really but when he gives me something I, in exchange, give him money lol

dingoo379
15-06-11, 08:11 PM
well i said to him he can send it up the tack next year and he said i want to race you so i was like erm yea ok (knowing it would be a 1.2 or 1.4) he said he would have a spare engine since he is only talking the floor etc from the cav, but to be honest ill prob sell the bits i rip out of the nova and what money i get for them ill just give to him.

ryansnova
15-06-11, 08:12 PM
most mates are like that ^^lol

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 08:16 PM
well i said to him he can send it up the tack next year and he said i want to race you so i was like erm yea ok (knowing it would be a 1.2 or 1.4) he said he would have a spare engine since he is only talking the floor etc from the cav, but to be honest ill prob sell the bits i rip out of the nova and what money i get for them ill just give to him.

Funk that, if he's given you bits for nowt and not uttered in getting currency for it I'd not give it to him lol

dingoo379
15-06-11, 08:22 PM
Funk that, if he's given you bits for nowt and not uttered in getting currency for it I'd not give it to him lol

he does alot for me anyways and its nice to show appreciation to your mates for helping you out, thats my opinion anyways

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 08:26 PM
Very true mate, I was only messing about. Never like to take liberties. Always do/give something back in the least.

Take your time in getting a good shell to use as you don't wanna be spending too much time making it strong if it's rotten as hell. Then again don't wait too much as a year can quite easily pass on a project :)

dingoo379
15-06-11, 08:29 PM
thats why its hard finding one as i cant be bothered with doing loads of welding :( itll probably take me a couple of months to find the right one (sounds like finding a girl hahah) but my aim is to have it sorted for the next PVS and going up the strip

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 08:31 PM
Your main things would be important places like front end/engine bay, suspension turrets, rear suspension areas and general chassis. If that's solid then having to do a few rear arch repairs will be straight forward and quick.

dingoo379
15-06-11, 08:35 PM
well the bits from the cav which i can use on the nova i will be mate.

thanks for the info though :D

surely when i get the project yous will be more then happy to give me advice

Nova_Tek
15-06-11, 08:42 PM
No problems pal, loads of people on here that would be able to give advice and opinions.