PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust mount

24sevenslacker
15-06-11, 11:25 AM
can anybody suggest a goo exhaust mount as my exhaust keeps bouncing out of its mount and its really annoying, cheers

Iain
15-06-11, 12:03 PM
Polyurathene ones from RallyDesign are good.

Tabs on the backbox hangar should stop it sliding off there. Is it the middle ones that keep falling off? I put a cable tie between the two middle bits of the 8 shape to keep them together to avoid them slipping off the car here.

24sevenslacker
15-06-11, 01:19 PM
cool, ill give them a try, and yeah its the backbox, iv tightened the clamp as tight as it will go but its bouncing and then twisting around, iv already tried cable ties and they just slipped off

swedge
15-06-11, 03:29 PM
weld a small piece of metal onto the hanger, small enough to grind off when you need to remove the back box and that should keep it on :)

redstig
15-06-11, 05:13 PM
i think its rally design i got mine from, much stiffer and generally square'er

MK1_Ben
15-06-11, 05:29 PM
Another way is to drill through the hanger, put a large washer over it and a split-pin through the hole you have drilled to hold the washer in place. The washer will prevent it coming off, remove split pin and voila :)

Iain
15-06-11, 05:34 PM
What a genius idea! Does sound like your little tab that bends up to keep it on has snapped off

24sevenslacker
15-06-11, 05:37 PM
no the tab is still there, i think the rubber mount is just knackered, ill try the washer and split pin, that sounds good to me