PDA

View Full Version : Cant get out of gear

BenH
15-06-11, 10:30 AM
Another one for you guys.

Cant seem to get out of gear
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/BenHandley/SAM_0241.jpg
as you can see iv got an e16se fitted in my mini so gear linkages etc are all different to yours so i followed the haynes procedure for setting up the linkage and i had sloppy gear change but could select different gears but not sure which ones.

so put it in neutral, check the gearbox selector to see if it was in neutral (can turn it side to side) and still stuck in gear.

So i disconnect all the linkage, set the fork on the box it in neutral by hand and lock it in neutral with the allen key, still stuck in gear.
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/BenHandley/SAM_0237.jpg
Now its not stuck in one gear as when i select different gears the cars harder to push forward. iv taken the selector rod housing off( in picture) and had a look inside and the forks are all in the same position over to the right if you understand.

any help would be great as its bugging the hell outta me and if its a g/b out job then im screwed as its engine out jobby!

Ben

swedge
15-06-11, 03:31 PM
isnt it supposed to have the forks with a gap down the middle when in neutral?

Rich
15-06-11, 03:50 PM
not stuck in reverse is it? its opposite the rest of the selectors for 1st - 5th

Should slide all the way over to the right (i think!)

redstig
15-06-11, 05:11 PM
on the box it shows you the layout of the gears normally, can you see it through the paint

Adam25
15-06-11, 06:21 PM
If you take the 4 11mm bolts out and remove the selector you should see the 3 rods it moves in the gearbox, it sounds like one of these isnt in line, with the selector removed it should slide back into the centre easily and then should work as it should.

BenH
15-06-11, 08:57 PM
Hi thanks for all of the replies as usual!

Iv had the remote box off and all the selectors were over to the right all in the same position and the reverse one over to the right too.

Il get chance to work on the car again in 2days so untill then at least i have a few options that i can try and il report back so thanks guys

BenH
19-06-11, 05:51 PM
just to update ...

box is literally fecked!
took the end cover off to inspect the gears and the 2 cogs/gears that were there were mangled! so it wasnt ever stuck in gear but when you pushed it the mangled gears would sometimes catch and turn as if it were in gear.

peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed off now cuz its shafts out hubs off etc etc
going to greece in a few days so its either new trunks and speedos or a new gearbox!

Skinny dipping it is

ps thanks for all the help

if anyone has an f13 box for sale please contact me :)