PDA

View Full Version : flamer kits

pickle
27-06-03, 08:54 PM
i wona buy a flamer kit for my nova, purely for laughs. but will it through flames out of a 1.4sri, i have heard that its not as good if its not on a turbo, but will it still make the toast? thanks lads, oh and u ladys.

epo
27-06-03, 10:32 PM
there r a couple of kits ive heard of 1 is through the use of butane gas dunno how it works there was a golf van thing in revs with it the 2nd is to weld a spark plug in2 ur tail pipe then run a ht lead 2 a coil off a fester for eg in ur boot then earth the coil
now take a live feed 2 a switch then a switch live 2 ur coil
am not 2 sure but i think uve gotta pratt about with the mixsture or summat like that it was in me bruvs fast ford mag on how 2 do it i think thats right ne way or pay a company 2 do it about a ton if u deffo want ill try and dig out the mag and company name

Fester
28-06-03, 02:47 AM
theyre pretty poor form all in all

NovaNeil
28-06-03, 07:18 PM
Chances are you won't get a flame, but if you have a straight through Exhaust with only one silencer you improve the chances of it happening a lot. But with a Standard SRi, it ain't going to happen. Sorry :(

brian
28-06-03, 07:52 PM
there are a bit tacky these days :|

Aragorn
28-06-03, 09:49 PM
well the SRI uses a lambda sensor to keep mixture bang on

flamer kits rely on the overfuelling that normally occurs when u come off throttle especially on turbo cars and burns the excess fuel off in a flame

your sri wont produce extra fuel so it aint gonna work

Jules
28-06-03, 10:54 PM
Why watse your time with yesterdays flash in the pan mods? Flamer kits were for the Fast And Furious generation, beat the pack and be the first at the McDonalds drive-thru with the latest "Max-Fast-Rev-line" trend.....

Get a dry ice machine (Anyone see where I'm going yet...) stick a couple of nozzles on it and put one out the side of your bonnet and one out of your front bumper (Got it yet?......), connect it to a switch on your dashboard, and hey presto instant :-2Fast_2Furious_NoS_gas_jet_squirting_out_from_your _front_end_ability!!!

You heard it here first...............
:o :lol: :o :lol:

epo
28-06-03, 11:04 PM
gud idea i still like the smoke screen alarm not very effective but a laugh 2 lock ur mates in the car and set it off :twisted:

ps ur cheques in the post 2morrow

NovaNeil
29-06-03, 11:37 AM
Flamer Kits are quality, especially for getting rid of tailgaters!!! They absolutely Sh*t themselfs and soon back off. You can't say it isn't impressive being over taken by a car at night that when it changes gear it produces a 4,5,6 foot flame about a meter away from your car! Im surprised there hasn't been something on the news about an old person having a heart attack from seeing one. Now that would be funny!

epo
29-06-03, 01:52 PM
i like em its a shame u cant get em 2 work on an sri

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 11:24 PM
i like em its a shame u cant get em 2 work on an sri

only if you go the route of overfuelling its not possible

the gas kits will work as they are independant

ydg27
30-06-03, 11:08 AM
me and my brother thought of the gas flamer kits ages ago and we got laughed at now people are seeing that they work after they saw our prototype @ fez it was a different story. they work well but you have to becareful where you position the gas can because ours got very hot (we were lucky)

Ste_Nova
30-06-03, 11:15 AM
i had a flamer kit working on a 1.2i lastnight :P

ydg27
30-06-03, 11:18 AM
rev it
turn off
keep flat out
turn on at about 3k rpm

bang

fookoff flame

finlay
01-07-03, 11:53 PM
where do you get the gas kits from an how much are they.

dave.gsi
02-07-03, 01:25 AM
i think you've got to be slightly mental to pump butane gas in to your exhaust. its an accident waiting to happen

CP
02-07-03, 03:02 PM
:roll: sigh

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:lol:

moffat sri
02-07-03, 08:04 PM
me and a lad at work were on about gettin a flamer kit to work on my sri.we came to the conclusion that the only way to richen the mixture was the choke. i know, not manualy adjustable, but........wire in a switch to fool the ecu into thinking the car is cold, giving it a rich mix, then after that, continue with the spark plug in the back of the 'zorst.
will it work? who'll be the first to try?

Gazza14SR
02-07-03, 09:08 PM
my old gte (which was a nail) used to give huge flames if i kained it in 1st then do a quick change to second. Same with second to third. It used to run mega rich though.

Also used to get flames by doin the turning ignition off thing while revving the engine.

Aragorn
02-07-03, 11:24 PM
yer u CAN fool the ECU into running rich but the problem as ive previously stated is if u run a rich mixture thru a cat u will fuck it

when the fuel mix is too rich it can ignite inside the cat which melts it as u can imagine

an easier way to fool it into a rich mode (assuming youve junked the cat) would be either unhooking the lambda or hooking up a voltage regulator in place of the lambda and setting this to indicate a lean condition - the engine management will automatically up the fuelling to compensate what it thinks is lean running

finlay
02-07-03, 11:27 PM
so dus any one no where i can get the gas kits from then?

thanx finlay.

Low Down And Dirty
04-07-03, 04:32 PM
I's not quite as easy as welding a spark plug in Ur exhaust and attatchin a coil to it either.

U need to put the spark plug in the right place and at the right angle for the best spark, U need to attatch the spark plug to the coil By means of an HT lead, U then need switched power to the coil U also need power to a flamer module to regluate the spark and keep switchin it on and off.

http://members.roadfly.com/lowdownanddirty/Flamer+Diagram.gif

Biaggi
04-07-03, 06:55 PM
It aint dry Ice that they use in 2f2f its a nos bleed vent which they uses to keep the presure in the lines they use um alot in drag cars so they can bleed off the "stail" nos in the lines and any built up air in them b4 a race

Jules
05-07-03, 12:36 AM
Tell you didn't think I was being serious?!?! Please tell me that!!!!
:o

dave.gsi
05-07-03, 01:20 AM
lol, think he may :wink: