PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl wrapping

Pete
14-06-11, 05:56 PM
Well after looking and my friends fiesta zetec after a few bits wrapped it got me thinking of what could be wrapped on a nova and still look good,

I know Alot of people think the stuff is gash IMO I like it.

Anyone got anything wrapped? Pictures etc?

mowgli
14-06-11, 06:02 PM
erm.... look at a sport... they practically invented wrapping...

swedge
14-06-11, 06:09 PM
ahem, http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171356

lol

Pete
14-06-11, 06:17 PM
I should of have corrected myself in the OP, carbon fibre vinyl wrapping lol

My apologies

Iain
14-06-11, 06:22 PM
I wonder if you could carbon wrap to mimic GSi tailgate vinyl or SR side vinyl... That could look awesome (although obviously prove its not real CF and just a wrap)

mowgli
14-06-11, 06:22 PM
i still don't get the carbon look.... it looks like the stuff they make ikea bags from, just in black.

but if you want to have a go pete, see if someone will photoshop you one

gazz
14-06-11, 06:24 PM
i like the idea of vinyl wrapping, but wrapping a whole car in "carbon". i dont think would look good.imo.
but the rs 500 focus in matt black vinyl looks nice

Pete
14-06-11, 06:40 PM
I like the idea but off the top of my head I can't think of what I'd like to wrap, and don't realy want to waste people's time doing me shops and just shooting them down straight away,

As I wrote that, what about say, mirrors,wrap spoiler, door handles,

I'll see if I can get them photoshopped

swedge
14-06-11, 06:53 PM
i think the gsi tailgate or the pillar trims could look good in carbon vinyl

mowgli
14-06-11, 06:57 PM
now that sounds quite good.. & fairly easy to do.

i was actually wondering about getting some black vinyl for my b pillars & then surrounding the rear quarters to match all the lines up..

Southie
14-06-11, 07:03 PM
Nobody has done a carbon wrapped Nova yet so be the first Pete.

As for Matt black Focus's they look like they need a layer of paint, also the other day I saw a Bentley Continental in Matt Black, it looked gash tbh.

steviegsi
14-06-11, 07:06 PM
i've always wondered why they wrapped the focuseseses, why not just paint them matt black? Or is there a problem using matt black paint?

Pete
14-06-11, 07:25 PM
I'd like to wrap my dash as stupid as that sounds, I've not bothered about real carbon as I'm not out to save weight, just a bit of a different look to the usual.

Benn
14-06-11, 07:30 PM
There was a fully "carbon" look wrapped Vx220 at Tv live last year, he hit the armco.

Did look awesome, when done right.

The Astra VRX in the matte black wrap that Regal have isn't done as well.