PDA

View Full Version : E16SE emissions

NavNova
13-06-11, 03:10 PM
I have a E16SE in my Nova rally car, engine is totally standard except for a K&N induction kit and an Ashley 4-branch and full exhaust system.

It failed it's MOT for exhaust emissions, does anyone know how to adjust it to bring it back into line?

Nova_Tek
13-06-11, 03:23 PM
AFM dodgy? Or someone tried to adjust it? (some have a screw for adjustment but it really shouldn't be tampered with).

mowgli
13-06-11, 03:26 PM
well, the mixture screw on the afm is a good place to start, but is the intake flexi pipe ok, as a split in there can cause havoc with the mixture... is it breathing heavily? it might need rings.

Nova_Tek
13-06-11, 03:31 PM
^ good call on the rubber intake elbow hose makes the car run like utter sh*te and uses up tons of fuel.

NavNova
13-06-11, 03:43 PM
Engine runs sweet and seems fairly good on fuel, around 35mpg I think. The intake hose was replaced last year so it should still be fine. I'll have a look and see if I can find the screw on the AFM.

daleNOVAbrennan
13-06-11, 04:28 PM
might be a good idea to post up the emmisions sheet, so that we can get a rough idea were to start :thumb:

NavNova
14-06-11, 01:10 PM
might be a good idea to post up the emmisions sheet, so that we can get a rough idea were to start :thumb:

Sorry there is no emissions sheet. The guy let me through last year with high emissions only because it was a rally car but I don't think I'll be lucky enough to get the same guy again this year.

NavNova
26-06-11, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone. I found the screw on the AFM and got the emissions down. The rally car passed it MOT yesterday, happy days.

Nova_Tek
26-06-11, 10:07 PM
Great News :thumb: