PDA

View Full Version : Help

DUNOVA.
27-06-03, 01:21 AM
I started my nova the other day and it was running lumpy as f**k so left it a little while and it was still running like a tank checked to see if the exhoust was blowing but it ain't and when you put your foot down the revs go well high but the speed ain't incresing as much as it used to?????
I n e 1 can help it would be much apreciated

SKoob
27-06-03, 01:31 AM
when u say lumpy, does it sound like its running on 3 cylinders?

DUNOVA.
27-06-03, 01:55 AM
Yeh thats what my mate said what can i do to sort it out??????

Aragorn
27-06-03, 08:16 AM
start by pulling the leads off the engine one by one

if the tone changes - relpace the lead

if its running on 3 u should find one that doesnt change the tone

once uve done that check theplugs and lead for that cylinder

try swapping the lead with one of the others see if the fault moves to another cylinder

if that all fails check dizzy cap

ade
27-06-03, 08:54 AM
check dizzy unit too - timing maybe out

Jules
27-06-03, 08:59 AM
Best wear some gloves when pulling lead off a running engine, can get a nasty shock otherwise.......

DUNOVA.
27-06-03, 11:23 AM
The leads and dizzy are 3 months old would it have anything to do with the plugs if so i will change them cheers for the help mate

Paracidium
27-06-03, 03:15 PM
Yeh ive seen three or four other posts like this in the last week, this is not including mine that was doing exactly the same thing, all i did in the end was change the leads and the plugs and ive ordered some new heat sheilds (they extend the end of the spark plug away from the engine/manifold so ur ht leads dont get fukt, mines runnin ok now but i still think theres summink rong with the dizzy :roll: