PDA

View Full Version : Diesel stop solenoid

MK999
09-06-11, 02:03 PM
Any way to identify the ignition live that feeds this from inside the car, or would I have to trace it all the way from the engine bay? I assume it works in such a way that fuel flow is stopped when its at 0v and on when its +12v?

Balley
09-06-11, 02:21 PM
yes it does, if you look at the ignition switch the feed comes straight from it IIRC, My car was immobilised this way!

MK999
09-06-11, 02:52 PM
yes it does, if you look at the ignition switch the feed comes straight from it IIRC, My car was immobilised this way!

Only thing I can find which is unusual is the thin red and black which is on the starter pos 3? That would obviously switch off soon as you had the car started though?

Royston
09-06-11, 03:11 PM
identify the colour of the wire back from solenoid, then check igntion wire colours and wiring diagram if you have one

MK999
09-06-11, 03:18 PM
yellow and black at the engine end but no yellow and black feeds on the ignition or fusebox, only yellow/black I can find is on the wiper stalk. No Haynes manual and it doesn't cover diesel anyway, diesel haynes manual doesn't cover wiring.

Only wires on ignition are perm live, ignition live x2, starter feed as normal, and a red/black thinner wire on the same pin as the starter feed. Can't imagine this is the stop solenoid though, as it wouldn't have any idea of ignition on/off, only cranking.