PDA

View Full Version : Newb requiring info regarding first I.C.E install :/

n00b
26-06-03, 11:10 PM
:/

Right, let me get to the point, heh. I am a complete novice, and apart from a few suggestions my mate tells me, im having trouble on what to have in my first install.

I was thinking of getting 2 10" Alpine S-type subs, then building a custom box - would this be a good idea?

Would i need a couple of 6x9's ? - if so what are good, and are fairly cheap.

Amp? - which should i get and why?

Headunit? - Ive been looking to get an MP3 player, to cut down on the amount of CD's floating around in meh car. Does the most expensive Headunit effect the quality of sound? My budget for a headunit would be between 100-150squids..

I am a poor student, and need good, reliable components at affordable prices.

HELP TEH NUB :<

Thanks

Ballsy
27-06-03, 06:46 AM
hey m8, yeah 2 10" subs will sound good, you can probably buy a box for them for bout for about the same amount that you can make one!!! but its up2 u, u will have to make one if your wanting a custom install!

You can buy 6*9's but dont put them in the parcel shelf if the subs are in the boot, you will be better off buying a good set of components for up front and putting the subs in the boot that will give you a good sound, you can also add a set 5" or 6" etc instead ov the 689's just to give u some rear fill.

Amp.... you will be best buying an amp just for powering the 2 subs, if u look in the back ov any car mag (max power, revs, fast car etc) you will get a good sub and amp package from there

Headunit... its mostly up2 personal choice on this one, but yes the more you spend the better the quality of sound, anything from pioneer, alpine etc will be good, i would try and avoid sony stuff

Hope that all makes sense

Ballsy