PDA

View Full Version : Not been on for a wile due to crash.

Vausey
09-06-11, 10:36 AM
due to my car being wrote off and me being in hospital.

After some advice.

I was hit by a uninsured driver. they were being chased by the cops so they were there after on scene but didnt see anything because they were behind a bit.

my question is how do i claim and should i go through my insurance?

Me and my GF are fine and recovering and them tossers who were driving are free to go till "further" enquiries.

So im stuck with nothing and no car and injuries.

May get pics later, Also if anyone has any info on this (Not that im expecting any one to) could you pm me or get in touch with the police.

General Baxter
09-06-11, 10:41 AM
we had this at work,

one of our vans were hit from behind from an unisured driver,
had to fill a load of forms in, it went off to a place that 'covers' uninsured drivers and we got paid out,

cant remember the name lol

Vausey
09-06-11, 10:54 AM
Was it MIB by any chance? been told to do loads of things.. takes the piss.

ward
09-06-11, 01:01 PM
sadly issues like these is always put down to the likes of urselves to sort out,as the goverment clearly doesnt want to pay out.

but im assuming that 'when' they take vehicles of uninsured drivers and make them pay fines etc.. were does that money go??

im just wondering if you could claim for loss of vehicle aswell??

Vausey
09-06-11, 02:49 PM
sadly issues like these is always put down to the likes of urselves to sort out,as the goverment clearly doesnt want to pay out.

but im assuming that 'when' they take vehicles of uninsured drivers and make them pay fines etc.. were does that money go??

im just wondering if you could claim for loss of vehicle aswell??
Not sure fella i supose with this you mean the value of the car?

I put 700 i dont expect to see more than 300 put it that way. It makes it more harder as he ran off and left is passenger trapped

NOVA saloon
09-06-11, 03:31 PM
What a funt
Hope your both ok.

Tony M
09-06-11, 06:41 PM
You should be able to claim through the Motor Insurance Bureau, everyone pays a percentage of there insurance premiums which goes to them.

ward
09-06-11, 07:20 PM
wat about claims for injury?

Vausey
09-06-11, 08:26 PM
think thats included in it tbh not sure how we go about it all tbh my first crash and its a bad one and not my fault and hes uninsured what a load of ****e nowt like first time lucky lol and thanks ova loon where both ok just my belt snaped i hit screen and r lass got whip lash. just on road to recovery nows. more gutted about the nova lol

windfreek
09-06-11, 08:28 PM
gutted for you mate

wat about claims for injury?

just find out the drivers name and addy from the fuz then file a court claim against them - costs about £80, but ul get that back aswel when alls said n done, and if they dont pay bailiffs act on behalf of the court to reclaim your losses,

hope you have some joy

ryansnova
09-06-11, 08:29 PM
sory to hear about you and your gf mate :(

get some pics up of the nova damage mate if you dont mind lol

windfreek
09-06-11, 08:35 PM
sory to hear about you and your gf mate :(

get some pics up of the nova damage mate if you dont mind lol

and a pic of the perp, we can all go on a :witch: hunt

Bubba
09-06-11, 08:43 PM
your belt snapped?? O_O

Vausey
09-06-11, 08:57 PM
yer well they called it a sheer from wear! somthing a mot carage should have piced up but it was due again for mot it july and aha wish i had one of the driver is unknown atm till thirther analasis (sp) the pasanger was traped in the car but says there was no one else but we seen him run so they might pin it all on the passanger. as he moved about in car some how.

ill get revenge on them if they dont goto jail there little scroats (chavy joyriders)

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/djvausey/20110603_006.jpg

Vausey
09-06-11, 09:00 PM
the pics make it not look as bad, and their car well he slid into us with the passanger side, and i dont know how he got out alive as there was no footwell infact the drivers side became the passangers side.. they estimated he hit us 60+ and i was pretty much at a stand still... hope they get but ****ed in jail! and more!...

Jack
09-06-11, 09:08 PM
I believe you have to claim on your own insurance if you wish to claim.

You can also file a claim for compensation with the MIB, whether you claim or not. Your insurance provider should be able to assist you with this.

This should go down as a non-fault claim, if you can get a report from the police to state the situation (especially if it states you were at a standstill as above).

Vausey
09-06-11, 09:33 PM
right thnks ill see what police say they said to go with insurance but my insurance said mib ( my insurance is with aviva)

blue_peg_16v
09-06-11, 09:58 PM
I believe you have to claim on your own insurance if you wish to claim.

You can also file a claim for compensation with the MIB, whether you claim or not. Your insurance provider should be able to assist you with this.

This should go down as a non-fault claim, if you can get a report from the police to state the situation (especially if it states you were at a standstill as above).

If he ends up claiming through his own insurance tho it will affect his ncd and claims record as no one to claim the cost of the claim off speak to your insurer a couple offer uninsured driver cover so ncd isn't affected but these are few and far between talk also about making a claim through the mib that's your best bet

Andy
09-06-11, 09:59 PM
If he ends up claiming through his own insurance tho it will affect his ncd and claims record as no one to claim the cost of the claim off speak to your insurer a couple offer uninsured driver cover so ncd isn't affected but these are few and far between talk also about making a claim through the mib that's your best bet
That takes the piss,so basically your better off uninsured:tard: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Vausey
09-06-11, 10:01 PM
cheers i also wondered this about the premiums and ncd and the police said i will have lost it anyway? this shouldnt be as it was totally and proovably his fault.

blue_peg_16v
09-06-11, 10:03 PM
Your making a claim against your policy as there is no one to claim against so you will get paid out if comp but will affect ncd as your company is paying out and they can't recoup the cost from a third party. If your tuft or tpo mib is only option but don't expect it to be a quick solution

Andy
09-06-11, 10:05 PM
Your making a claim against your policy as there is no one to claim against so you will get paid out if comp but will affect ncd as your company is paying out and they can't recoup the cost from a third party. If your tuft or tpo mib is only option but don't expect it to be a quick solution
Im not having a go at you rich here mate btw (lol) But...
So we pay out extra cash each year to the MIB but then when we want to claim we get our NCB ripped up as some fukktard baghead has stuffed his twocker metro into us?!
Unbelievable...
As i say,the fines are less than the excess,and im not joking either!

blue_peg_16v
09-06-11, 10:05 PM
cheers i also wondered this about the premiums and ncd and the police said i will have lost it anyway? this shouldnt be as it was totally and proovably his fault.
You wouldn't loose it if none fault and the other party was insured as your company would recoup costs from third party insurer but if you claim were there's no other pol to claim off you will loose it vandalism works the same but again a couple of companies offer cover for this with out it affecting ncd but I only know of 2

blue_peg_16v
09-06-11, 10:12 PM
Im not having a go at you rich here mate btw (lol) But...
So we pay out extra cash each year to the MIB but then when we want to claim we get our NCB ripped up as some fukktard baghead has stuffed his twocker metro into us?!
Unbelievable...
As i say,the fines are less than the excess,and im not joking either!
Can take years to get anything from the mib so most claim off the policy and don't bother with it. Also if you are involved in an accident just before renewal and the other party disputes liability until the claim is settled your ncd will be affected and prems increase at renewal once settled they will reimburse the over payment but it means you have to renew with them as if you go else were you will only have the lower amount of ncd and when it gets reinstated a new company will only honour the new ncd from the day they receive it insurance has so many clauses and loop holes it's ridiculas and I can fully understand why people get peed off with things an mib claim works the same affects ncd till paid out by them which can take ages as said keep ringing and bugging the company don't just leave it or it will take for ever call at least once a fortnight

Andy
09-06-11, 10:15 PM
On that note IN10 FTW lol