PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sport

ctw
08-06-11, 02:16 PM
Hi, has anyone seen or heard anything of these lately, haven't seen one up for a while & was wondering how much they go for these days...........if and when they crop up?

Edd
08-06-11, 02:23 PM
Have a look in the projects section mate there's a few in there, mines in my sig

Also if you become a club member you get access to the Sportzone

Novasport
08-06-11, 02:28 PM
Every so often they do crop up but be prepared to pay good money for one. If you buy a sh:tter you will pay a min of £1k if complete then be prepared to spend time and money looking for new panels and good trim etc. A half decent roadworthy one would be £2k-£4k and a minter expect to pay over £6k.
Good luck finding one, they do still exist out there as ones we have not seen before keep cropping up but most are in the hands of people that will never sell them.

NOV4_SPORT
08-06-11, 02:34 PM
Rich is right new ones crop up now and again but very rarely and if your looking for a mint one then they will fetch good money.

I don't think I will ever sell mine lol

But iam sure if your lucky you will find a good one

Iain

ctw
08-06-11, 02:42 PM
Thanks, your reno cars look very good, huge amounts of work, tremendous results. I did used to be in PNG many years ago in it's first guise - it may be worth joining again......that may help sway me to keep mine or move it on. Thanks all.

Andy
08-06-11, 02:44 PM
Oh well in that case,can i be the 1st to say....IBTL lol

ward
08-06-11, 03:06 PM
im sure if you checked the sport project you may sway towards keeping it and hopefully sharing it with us on here bud.

wuldnt mind having a look at a few pics,so get posting and upload some...oh and you need 15 posts before u can upload pics

ctw
08-06-11, 03:21 PM
Ward, thanks for the friendly advice.
I may get round to it, I think I have some pics somewhere. I've been using it on and off for over 22 years now but it's still fun and I get plenty of looks when I bounce down the road in it.

amggsi
08-06-11, 03:28 PM
Don't think I could sell my Sport, certainly not the best one out there, but by no means a bad one! It and the SR are with me to stay!!!
Pictures in link in my signature.

ctw
08-06-11, 03:37 PM
looks good and better than mine, which has some of the usual rot

amggsi
08-06-11, 04:03 PM
looks good and better than mine, which has some of the usual rot

No rot or anything in it, would just love to give it a fresh coat of paint, but I know if I started to that it wouldn't end there!!!lol

bazil
08-06-11, 04:19 PM
I don't think I will ever sell mine lol

Iain

i'll give you a curlywurly and £5.50 for it lol

i hope to see pics of this sport soon, and how bad is the rot?

jaygsi
08-06-11, 04:22 PM
I saw one bout year and half ago sell on gaybay for 1500 good condition but missing orignal bits like interior

Edd
08-06-11, 05:20 PM
Oh well in that case,can i be the 1st to say....IBTL lol
I reckon you might have jumped the gun there mate ........lol

I don't think I'll ever sell my Sport tbh, spent too much time and cash on it now to sell up, havnt even driven the bloody thing yet lol

O.P.- get some pics up of your Sport when you have 15 posts, always good to see one that's not been seen before :)

Andy
08-06-11, 05:22 PM
I reckon you might have jumped the gun there mate ........lol

How? its clearly a "whats it worth" with view to selling thread lol

Edd
08-06-11, 05:29 PM
lol he MAY just be asking if there's many about lol or your right lol

Either way I want pics :d lol

sport
08-06-11, 05:55 PM
So whats your spec then? Pics are a must.

ctw
08-06-11, 06:28 PM
Ha, I didn't even know what IBTL meant until i looked it up!!
I'm 46 and speak English not text. If I had inadvertently broken a forum rule then I would apologise to the moderator.
It's a shame that a more accomplished users' first reaction is to criticise without knowledge or reason. It was plain to see I have been a member for a number of years yet this was only my second post. What if i'd been a 20yr old asking for first time advice. I've already conveyed these thoughts to the webmaster earlier.

Royston
08-06-11, 06:36 PM
Welcome back to the fold:thumb: , I am sure you will be made welcome, there are quite a few Sporters on here, myself included, some of use are.....well maybe a little more mature in age than some others;) .

ctw
08-06-11, 06:36 PM
So whats your spec then? Pics are a must.

Had it since 1989 and its up around 96k now. Stock engine except K&N in the airbox, Sebring rear box and some years ago now I put Monroe gasmatics on with lowered springs, oh, and the 3 spoke SR wheels. I recall fitting several Irmscher boxes that would always rust through 3 weeks after warranty!

Edd
08-06-11, 06:37 PM
What's it worth threads are against the rules and often start in simular lines to this thread, hence Andy thinking that ...... ........

Sounds like you've had your Sport for a long while
Be good to see some pics at some point :)
Does it look original ?

Edd

Novasport
08-06-11, 06:38 PM
So can we have some more info about you and the car?
Some of us were in the PNG first time round so we may know you if you were in the club back then. Where abouts are you from?
Whats the reg on the car, was it kown in the club?

ctw
08-06-11, 06:38 PM
Welcome back to the fold:thumb: , I am sure you will be made welcome, there are quite a few Sporters on here, myself included, some of use are.....well maybe a little more mature in age than some others;) .

thanks for that - see, now i've worked out how to include quotes!

Royston
08-06-11, 06:41 PM
Had it since 1989 and its up around 96k now. Stock engine except K&N in the airbox, Sebring rear box and some years ago now I put Monroe gasmatics on with lowered springs, oh, and the 3 spoke SR wheels. I recall fitting several Irmscher boxes that would always rust through 3 weeks after warranty!

Another long time Nova owner then;) I've had my SR since '88

Be nice to see some photo's once your post count is up above 15:)

Royston
08-06-11, 06:42 PM
thanks for that - see, now i've worked out how to include quotes!

Pictures will be your next challengelol

Do you have a photobucket.com or similar account?

ctw
08-06-11, 06:54 PM
I would never say i was ever active in the club so i wouldn't have thought the car would be known either - C224 FRO. In the time i've had it, it's mostly been in England where I am now but Wales for the first 7 yrs.
I got it from Dunstable having looked at a few around the country first. I'd say it looks original, I think the interior is perfect, no burns or stains - doesn't have the radio blanking plate, but still has most of the "starting procedure" sticker on the dash. I did change the sun visors to SR type (with mirrors - Wife!) and there's a sunroof (first owner). It also had a nearside mirror fitted before I got it. Can't think of much else

Andy
08-06-11, 07:00 PM
Ha, I didn't even know what IBTL meant until i looked it up!!
I'm 46 and speak English not text. If I had inadvertently broken a forum rule then I would apologise to the moderator.
It's a shame that a more accomplished users' first reaction is to criticise without knowledge or reason. It was plain to see I have been a member for a number of years yet this was only my second post. What if i'd been a 20yr old asking for first time advice. I've already conveyed these thoughts to the webmaster earlier.
IBTL is currently a silly little game being played by myself and a few others when threads,(as edd pointed out) such as these begin with those sort of sentences.
Usually they last just minutes...lol
I never look at anyones join date when they post,irrelevant to me whether they joined when the internet opened or 30seconds ago.

Anyway,has this been confirmed as a genuine sport by Mr Deurden in any of its past???

Royston
08-06-11, 07:00 PM
My other Sport looks like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/1297cc/DSCF4117.jpg

So looking forward to seeing some photo's of yours;)

Spudly
08-06-11, 07:01 PM
Anyway,has this been confirmed as a genuine sport by Mr Deurden in any of its past???

And lets hope it doesnt have brown primer like 'the best' sports do lol

L14MNP
08-06-11, 07:03 PM
And lets hope it doesnt have brown primer like 'the best' sports do lol

You'll get dec'd talking like that mate! lol

ctw
08-06-11, 07:20 PM
IBTL is currently a silly little game being played by myself and a few others when threads,(as edd pointed out) such as these begin with those sort of sentences.
Usually they last just minutes...lol
I never look at anyones join date when they post,irrelevant to me whether they joined when the internet opened or 30seconds ago.

But if you did look and put some thought to it first then you wouldn't mistakenly accuse someone unecessarily or have to apologise after the fact - should you have the humility and decency to do so once corrected.

Andy
08-06-11, 07:25 PM
Im still to be corrected..............

Edd
08-06-11, 07:39 PM
Who cares if it's forsale or not, I want pics lol

L14MNP
08-06-11, 07:58 PM
Also, I may well earn myself a ban here but who honestly cares about internet hierarchy?! lol

Royston
08-06-11, 08:49 PM
Also, I may well earn myself a ban here but who honestly cares about internet hierarchy?! lol

Do you not mean etiquettelol

Let CTW find his feet on the forum, it is great club, but new people need to settle in and understand other members warped members sense of humour/quirks.

I suspect he may well have already formed an opinion that some members are:tosser: 's

Andy
08-06-11, 09:24 PM

Let CTW find his feet on the forum, it is great club, but new people need to settle in and understand other members warped members sense of humour/quirks.

I suspect he may well have already formed an opinion that some members are:tosser: 's
So because i said ibtl im a tosser? and have a "warped" sense of humour?:wtf:
Christ,theres a hell of alot worse posted on the forum thats warped!!
Had this thread been about a set of speedlines or a kingdom kitted gte for example,i guarantee there would have been scores of other daft replies as usual which are always good for a laugh.

Royston
08-06-11, 09:37 PM
So because i said ibtl im a tosser? and have a "warped" sense of humour?:wtf:
Christ,theres a hell of alot worse posted on the forum thats warped!!
Had this thread been about a set of speedlines or a kingdom kitted gte for example,i guarantee there would have been scores of other daft replies as usual which are always good for a laugh.

I apologise if you have taken my comments personally;) , but he has obviously been offended by your comments, where a little "sorry" might have made all the difference to a new/returning member.

Some of the older members, myself included, aren't quite as hip and trendy/up to speed as other members, I had no idea what IBTL was either and looked it up.

Andy
08-06-11, 09:52 PM
I apologise if you have taken my comments personally;) , but he has obviously been offended by your comments, where a little "sorry" might have made all the difference to a new/returning member.

Some of the older members, myself included, aren't quite as hip and trendy/up to speed as other members, I had no idea what IBTL was either and looked it up.

was wondering how much they go for these days

that may help sway me to keep mine or move it on

Thats why i wrote what i did,cos threads containing that sort of lingo gets deleted straight away.At a guess i would say 99% of them would be for sale threads.
Nowhere in this thread says it absolutely isnt for sale.:confused:
But then nowhere says it is for sale.:confused:
As said,previous have been deleted for less.
The comments made by me were in no way meant to cause offence,and offence was caused i am sorry.Was as said,all for sh1ts and giggles.
Oh and as for being internet hip,i am not at all!! blame L1amnp for teaching me this rubbish lol

Royston
08-06-11, 10:12 PM
Sorry mate;)

Royston
08-06-11, 10:14 PM
I just want to see this Sport that's been in Hiding:)

L14MNP
08-06-11, 11:24 PM

Is that statement intended as a question? lol

I meant hierarchy. All of this sh!t you see everywhere about reporting things to the 'webmaster' as if he is some kind of authority figure. I mean really! lol

Andy
09-06-11, 09:08 AM
Is that statement intended as a question? lol

I meant hierarchy. All of this sh!t you see everywhere about reporting things to the 'webmaster' as if he is some kind of authority figure. I mean really! lol
This is the webmaster haha lol lol

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMzhnW5ioNiAIyJKo_2oKDw74XmwXk0 Y37sLpa7VNkZu6S06RF_g

ward
09-06-11, 01:29 PM
haha @ andys pic!!

and as for using txt type words...i really havent a clue as to what many actually mean.

and if you sent pics to my email ill gladly upload them for you bud

Novasport
11-06-11, 07:26 PM
Once again we p!ss people off with forum bickering & going off topic totally. Not been online since the 8th, wouldnt surprise me if he never came back on.
We don't make this a very welcoming place sometimes, long standing members should set a better example IMO.

Rant over lol

Edd
11-06-11, 07:46 PM
I too was a little disappointed with how this thread went

As the number of nova's decreases everybody should be a little more welcoming and not tar everyone with the same brush, he obviously just wanted to ask about other Sports out there

If you put yourself in his shoes wtf would you think about the club after this thread ? Not much I would think

I too doubt he will be back, shame really as it would of been nice to see pics of his Sport

Hopefully next time someone comes on the forum everybody will be more welcoming :)

Andy
12-06-11, 11:21 PM
What a surprise all the "back-up" comes from those who own sports.Its laughable tbh lol
Edd,your as bad as me for ibtl etc so dont have a leg to stand on! lol

Edd
12-06-11, 11:28 PM
Yeah sorry mate that was a little hypocritical of me :d lol

Andy
12-06-11, 11:29 PM
Yeah sorry mate that was a little hypocritical of me :d lol
lol lol lol and you know it!! aside from me and liamnp you must be a close contender!!

mk1nova_rich
12-06-11, 11:37 PM
Edd,your as bad as me for ibtl etc so dont have a leg to stand on! lol

He was just jealous you beat him to it lol :d

maddogdaz666
12-06-11, 11:43 PM
ibtl?

Andy
12-06-11, 11:43 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mk1nova_rich again.