PDA

View Full Version : gutted!

burgo
07-06-11, 10:29 PM
having spent the past couple of weeks working on tans car, as per here

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170565

im gutted to report that it would appear the engine froze over the winter, a snapped thermo housing, missing core plug and water in the oil means im forced to inspect further which in turn means the nova wont be going pv. all the hard work wont be to waste though as it WILL make it to billing instead

Dervy
07-06-11, 10:37 PM
:(

John
07-06-11, 10:42 PM
does it still turn Luke?

burgo
07-06-11, 10:50 PM
does it still turn Luke?yes it runs mint, which points towards the cylinders being fine but still need to investigate how the water is getting in the oil

John
07-06-11, 10:51 PM
whip the head off, i reckon it'll prob have lifted.

burgo
07-06-11, 10:54 PM
whip the head off, i reckon it'll prob have lifted.ah you mean it just stretched the bolts and pushed the head up?

Bubba
07-06-11, 11:17 PM
ah you mean it just stretched the bolts and pushed the head up?

if it froze it does sound like a simple problem

maddogdaz666
07-06-11, 11:23 PM
sorry to hear that dude.
Rig some lights up and do it one night in a few hour, Have a closer inspection, wip the head off and have a peek, then bolt it back on. Im sure you'll have a few spares if needs be.

burgo
08-06-11, 10:29 PM
sorry to hear that dude.
Rig some lights up and do it one night in a few hour, Have a closer inspection, wip the head off and have a peek, then bolt it back on. Im sure you'll have a few spares if needs be.i have a job, 3 month old son and house! simply doing it one night isnt an option.

Also i had a thought and checked the dipstick since trying to fill it with water, yep the sump is now full of water, and being as the water only got as high as the missing coe plug it didnt get to head gasket height, which means cracked block in my opinion. not good :(